It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The S-37 Fighter Up There With The F-22 ?!?!

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I'd vote for the F-22 if my vote meant anything. It doesn't. My vote has a decidedly emotional component. No. I'll be truthful. It's entirely emotional.

Someone said the Russians have not been successful in dealing with stealth technology. However, we lost an F-117 while Clinton's USAF was fighting for the Muslims in Kosovo. We knew exactly where the wreckage was (the pilot bailed safely and was not captured), but to the best of my knowledge we made no attempt to destroy the 117. In WW II the Soviets reverse-engineered our B-29, and I have to ask: might they not have done the same reverse job on the F-117? I'd like an answer or an opinion.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulforge

Originally posted by diefaster
The US has a history of "reacting" to Russian technology, as opposed to being on the cutting edge. The F/A 22 is no different.

One of the great selling points is its directional thrust. Its nozzles can be directed by the Automatic Flight Control System 30 degrees up or down.

Now compare this to the S-37. The Su-37 has 360 degree nozzle position. This, combined with its forward canards make it very very agile. I have seen video of the Su-37 at almost 0 airspeed pointing straight up. This would make other fighters stall immediately, even the F-22.

This does not help you win a dogfight, only an airshow.

The only thing that would make the S-37 stand up to the F/A-22 would be avionics and weapons. The russians are teaming up with the best in the world with avionics and weapons (Israel in particular), but the jury is still out on the S-37. Not even sure it will be put into production. The SU-37, however, is a very, very dangerous plane. The Su-37 would like the battle up close, like two men in a knifefight in a phonebooth, while the F-22 perfers a long distance kill like a sniper. IF the Su-37 got in close (less than ten miles) it could take the F-22, otherwise It'd be no contest.

[edit on 6/21/2005 by soulforge]

[edit on 6/21/2005 by soulforge]

Since when did Russia and Israel begin to team up?

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Captin Scott O'Brady was paraded infront of TV's world wide when he was rescued this pilot was not, you want to know why, because he died,when the SA-6 Kub Shot him down.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
First, the F-117 can't be reverse engineered like the B-29, because the B-29 that they used was intact and had made an emergency landing in Russia so they had an intact model to use. The F-117 was in lots and lots of little pieces that didn't match up anymore.

Secondly, do you SERIOUSLY think that we're going to parade a stealth pilot on camera, and give out his name, and other personal information? Then someone that wants to find out about stealth suddenly has a nice target to grab, and knows EXACTLY who to look for, and oh look, they have a stealth pilot who knows just about everything about the airplane. It's called COMMON SENSE. We have TWO bases that have stealth planes, so it's not like it would be hard to find him if they really wanted to, and knew what he looked like.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Thak you for falling straight for my trap CUZ I knew you were going to say that? there have been many F-117 pilots shown on the "History Channel" before the Kosavo war in 99 and a few F-22 test pilots also, so you just lost that Argument, that pilot was killled.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Oh wait! I forgot that the Serbs shot down 5 B-52s, 3 B-2s, used a MiG-21 to shoot down an F-15, I think they got a B-1, 6 F-117s.....*snort* Now you're claiming that F-22s have been shot down? And I've watched every History Channel show about stealth, and they mentioned ONE F-117 shot down in Kosovo. Just one.

and yes this post was 99% sarcasm in case you're too thick headed to realize it.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SiberianTiger
Thak you for falling straight for my trap CUZ I knew you were going to say that? there have been many F-117 pilots shown on the "History Channel" before the Kosavo war in 99 and a few F-22 test pilots also, so you just lost that Argument, that pilot was killled.

Thank you. We are all refreshed and challanged by your unique point of view.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
here we go misinformation tiger at it again, Tiger dont you understand that there is no credible eveidence proving more then one was shot down, Only one has ever been shot down, only one is confirmed by both sides,

But im sure you have some national enquirer or Globe magazine that proves other wise

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Dude I think were talking about two different subjects cuz I don't know what your talking about?!!

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Well, gee, maybe HE chose not to be seen on camera for the sake of his family, or his privacy, or any number of reasons. If a person doesn't choose to be interviewed, we're not going to hold a gun to his head and say " Go on camera and prove to the world you're alive!"

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I don't think Russian avionic steps over American avionic.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND you seem like in your early 20's or something/ anyways O'Brady didn't stand in front of the Cameras at first eigther tCNN and European news just filimed him going to the U.S. Base in England or Germany when he was first rescued, 2. it is a polocy by U.S. to have shot down-rescued pilots speak against the nation that U.S. is fighting after being rescued alson, so those two evedences clearly show the pilot was most probably killed.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Ok whatever. You win. You're always right. The Zionists are going to take over the world. Stealth sucks. The pentagon was a pair of A-3s... yadda yadda. I'm sick and tired of dealing with you, so I quit completely. I will never answer another post of yous again except to say this.

Scott O'Grady was missing for DAYS before being rescued. It was a BIG deal when he "came back from the dead." The stealth pilot was missing for what, two hours? By the time anyone even knew the stealth was down, the pilot was back at his base. It is NOT the policy of the US military to force pilots or anyone else to speak out against the country they are fighting. They have the right to say no if they choose to.

And that is the last answer I will ever give you.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
If a person doesn't choose to be interviewed, we're not going to hold a gun to his head and say " Go on camera and prove to the world you're alive!"

thats the funniest thing i heard all day

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   
yeah... But the F-22 good side... (many computers) may also bee it's fatal flaw... They can all break down at once... Is there any emp missiles that are air to air yet...?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
They don't have to be. You detonate a nuke at high altitude, barely in atmosphere, or just out of atmosphere and you get the same effect over a wide area. That's how they were planning to take out sattelites in the case of WWIII. Detonate a nuke up there, and everyones sattelites are useless.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Figher Master FIN
yeah... But the F-22 good side... (many computers) may also bee it's fatal flaw... They can all break down at once... Is there any emp missiles that are air to air yet...?

The thing about EMP, is that, it takes out your aircraft too, EMP will bring down any aircraft, render any type of electronic device useless.

Actually, I believe they are working on A2A EMP missiles, I don't know, I'll have to search for it, but for now I know they have ground based EMP.

Right now, it comes down to the stealth basically, can't shoot what you can't see, now can ya? So in essence, the Su-37 is not better than the F/A-22.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Heres my ideas of what an f-22 vs su-47 battle would look like.

An f22 fighter pilot picks up the su-47 on radar. they are at bvr . the f22 pilot squezzes of a shot at bvr and wham his position is revealed. the su47 pilot now knows where the f22 pilot is, but guess what, he has a missle closing in on him. he has about 2 minutes to fire off a missle back but hows he going to shoot a radar guided missle at a stealth aircraft

well the thrust vectoring did come in handy, the russian pilot can put on a show for the f22 before his aircraft goes crashing into the earth in a ball of flames

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
How is this even discussed? Stealth stealth stealth. Period. There is no dogfight the Russian plane would be lucky to make it off the ground.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by diefaster
The US has a history of "reacting" to Russian technology, as opposed to being on the cutting edge. The F/A 22 is no different.

I guess we'll just have to bring Clint Eastwood out of retirement to go steal the next cutting-edge Russian jet that is beyond the Americans' ability to design and build...

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join