It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The S-37 Fighter Up There With The F-22 ?!?!

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Well its not glaring per se I would imagine in the 7.8 minutes the pilot is checking several systems and on alert about what the enemy fighter is doing. Situations can change in a second so you have to more than just glare.
And what the difference between me using England or Britain?

As most people would tell you.

Britain involves England, Scotland and Wales. (i think, at least from the British Lions)

Oh yeah, Ireland 2?

[edit on 27-3-2005 by rapier28]

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Maybe this sounds stupid, but then why do people prefer to use Britain when it involves other countries?

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Maybe this sounds stupid, but then why do people prefer to use Britain when it involves other countries?

Because if i'am not mistaken, foreign policy of all those countries are controlled by Tony Blair.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Boy, that Su-37 is the most tricked out F-15 Ive ever seen. How bout some rims on that mofo. Being the worlds most tricked out F-15 is by no means a bad thing. But how many of these planes does Russia have operational? Not many. Their pilots will probably crash them into eachother at airshows like they usually do and fistfight eachother after they parachute to the tarmac. Pilot skill is the single biggest influence. Give me an F-14 Top Gun Grad against anything and Ill take the Tomcat.

Text

It seems painfully obvious that despite being one of the worlds greatest fighters the SU-37 has a very limited number of qualified pilots to fly them. The difference in training between the US and Russian pilots is incredible with over twice the amount of actual fly time etc.. look, the 37 is a phenomanal aircraft. To bad theres only about four pilots in the world who can move them like that. Its radar signature lights up US screens like an xmas tree. The 37 can only move like that for a limited amount of time. The F-22s capabilities are constant. Even though the37 is faster its faster with afterburners only. The 22s supercruise ability alone puts it above anything else in the sky.

Text

Yes the 37 can outmanuver the 22 but not for very long. It can do as many "supercobras" as it wants its still going down in a ball of flames. The constant 60 degree AoA attainable by the 22 makes the "supercobra" obselete. I really like the Russian planes. I do. The 37 was top dog for about three months or as long as it took for US programmers to develop the avionics to sorry, easily defeat it. And that was with an F-15.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Dispite the fact that no SU-37 "Terminator" has EVER been detected by USAF Russianbasher's like you would love to subliminaly "brainwash" people to believe that fantastic tale of Su-37 lighting up US radar screens.
by the way the Russian Aircraft that will be built to coter the 22 is the PAK-FA not the 37.

[edit on 27-3-2005 by SiberianTiger]

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Hey westy do you know what the Range is on the Pheonix 54 the tomcat carries and what it compares to the Aim-155 your talkin about, i was just curious i thought i heard the 54 pheonix missile is no longer being used,

and why did they cancel the Aim-155 anyways and i still cant believe they dont use the 54 anymore

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiberianTiger
Dispite the fact that no SU-37 "Terminator" has EVER been detected by USAF Russianbasher's like you would love to subliminaly "brainwash" people to believe that fantastic tale of Su-37 lighting up US radar screens.
:lol

\

Why dont you look at the SU-37 it doesnt exactly have stealth capabilities with external hardpoints, sorry to say it would light up like a christmas tree
and I doubt the Pakfa is going to have the Avionics and weapons guidance system the F-22 will have, and one of the Great things about the F-22 that as time goes they have built the plane to be easily modified if need be for any mission any time anywhere

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
YOU said the 37 "Lights Up" not "Would Light up" so you we're makeing asumptions. don't worry the PAK-FA will be better than the 22, you'll see in WW3.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiberianTiger
YOU said the 37 "Lights Up" not "Would Light up" so you we're makeing asumptions. don't worry the PAK-FA will be better than the 22, you'll see in WW3.

Are Dislexic know where in my above post did i say it lights up i said it would light up,

So you think that when WW3 comes Russia is going to have enough Pakfa's to be a threat??? russia would have to build almost a thousand of them to be effective and do you think that the F-22 is the last plane the US is going to make?? I think not

i would almost bet that the F-22 replacement is already in the works, and what makes you think that WW3 is going to wait until Russia has "THE" Pakfa what if world war 3 comes next week then whats russia going to do?? that is so childish to think like that, Russia is no longer the USSR they will not Be a Major power like they once were They do not have the Finances to back such a project

Russia went Bankrupt trying to Keep up with the US. The F-22 Plans were developed Twenty Yrs ago and "Wait Till WW3" WW3 could be another 2 days from now or 20 yrs from now US will not stop developing just cuz russia has a Pakfa, oh no not the Pakfa, crap Cancel everything russia has a Pakfa. Russia used to be made up of a bunch of little countries, it is no longer the USSR, Which means less money to Fund R+D and less money to Train pilots to be at par with US pilots.

US has the Biggest military budget in the world, im sure the F-22 will not be the last plane the US developes.

And what happen when those terrorist struck the school some where in russia and putin said "we will Prepare for major offensive and we will strike anywhere in the world to stop these terrorists" Hasnt happend yet i have heard mixed comments on this 1 being Russia doesnt know where yet to strike and 2nd Russia doesnt have the Funds to put together a Major strike force

When the USSR was present it had way more power and military might then China could ever dream of, China is no where near the military might Russia had when it was USSR

A war between USSR and US back then would have been way worse then if China and US ever go to war

[edit on 27-3-2005 by zakattack]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Sigh...Man there sure are a lot of kids getting on these boards these days. Siberian, dude FOR NOW...the 22 is the best there is. Im not coming at this from a pro US standpoint at all. Just the facts man. The only way were going to know is if the US and Russia have competitive war games or more likely that that the US will torch a country using the export versions of either 37 47 Foxbat whatever. Im a big fan of the Foxbat. Does anybody recall when US troops dug a Foxbat out of the sand in Iraq? It only had its wings removed and we found them too. Saddam for some reason buried his best stuff.

Text

We put the wings back on it and shipped it stateside and have no doubt taken it apart piece by piece and have been pretty impressed. It was a huge huge intel score for the Yanks. Why didnt Saddam use it? Amongst many other things that he could have done some major damage to us with? Because Saddam knew hed lose all of it if he used it and that he thought wed leave him in power so he tried to hide and keep his best stuff.

Text

From what I understand and have read the Foxbat is one of the deadliest machines ever to fly and Saddam didnt use it. Wouldve suprised the hell out of us and caused some serious damage but not for very long.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Great Britain is a kingdom made up of England Scotland and Wales, If you add Northern Ireland to Britain you get the UK.

You asked him if we have Hockey in England, that wouldn't bother me as it is where I am from, Devilwasp however is from Scotland, its would be a bit like asking someone from New York whether they have something 'in Texas'.

Do you see? You can be English or Scots and still be British too, just like you can be a Texan and an American. I hope that helps

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Hey westy do you know what the Range is on the Pheonix 54 the tomcat carries and what it compares to the Aim-155 your talkin about, i was just curious i thought i heard the 54 pheonix missile is no longer being used,

and why did they cancel the Aim-155 anyways and i still cant believe they dont use the 54 anymore

Range of the Phoenix 54 is In excess of 100 nautical miles or about 115 miles and 184 KM.
Speed is in excess of 3,000 mph. The AIM-155 rage is about 100-110 miles and its speed would be a little faster than the Phoenix not to mention it could be carried by a variety of fighters as it would be considerable smaller than the Phoenix. And here is the sad reason why it was cancelled.

During the 1980s the Navy invested in developing the Phoenix into a robust, long-range, high-energy weapon system, and in the late 1980s embarked on a program to develope an improved follow-on capability in the Advanced Air-to-Air Missile (AAAM). Advanced Common Intercept Missile Demonstration (ACIMD) tests demonstrated the technology and hardware for a highly advanced Sparrow-sized, integral-rocket-ramjet-propelled, multimode-guided air-to-air missile for the long-range outer-air battle. The Navy planned to maintain and support an adequate Phoenix missile capability until the AAAM is fielded in sufficient numbers. A missile retrofit program incorporating an already developed and demonstrated block upgrade to the AIM-54C was a cost-effective interim solution. As of 1990 it was estimated that it would require at least 10 years to introduce the follow-on Advanced Air-to-Air Missile.
With the end of the Cold War there was a general recognition that the outer air battle -- the battle against Soviet naval aviation bombers -- was significantly reduced in importance. While AAAM was seen as the best defense against the Soviet naval air arm, the future threat would consist of Third World fighter-bomber or diesel-electric submarine. This changing security environment doomed this Phoenix missile successor [as well as the associated F-14D Super Tomcat upgrades], and the Advanced Air-to-Air Missile program was cancelled in 1992.

Link

And waynos thanks that explains a lot, not I know which one to used keep devilwasp happy

[edit on 28-3-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
All that official story of how communism colapsed is a lie, If you wanna get real with it Russia already has at least 1000 Pak-Fa's built Russia is just trying to spread disinformation, plus Russia has other secret projects to build, all commies did was change to democracy thats it, keep up with what USSR never tryed to keep up with U.S. that was the main thing for one to remain Communist the other to drain it's self of wealth with capitalism and U.S.A. has been broke for 40+ years why don't you realize thats why you have no Gold backing up your currency? www.hermes-press.com... I'm not a communist by the way.

[edit on 28-3-2005 by SiberianTiger]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
OMFG this kid is so FUNNY! Russia has 1000 of these jets he says, man I thought I had heard everything. And Uhh...buddy if were so broke why don't you check out our Military budged then check out Russia's. Not to mention we have little thing called the “Black Budget” that's were all the goodies are.

Were broke bemuse we have no gold backing up our currency? I forget which president either Truman or Roosevelt but one of them did not want the dollar to be backed p by gold because when Europe was rebuilding after WWII all they had to pay us for helping them rebuild was gold and I think Truman did not want the Dollars value to be paid with gold so he stopped the trade of gold for dollars. I know I have some facts wrong but I think that is the general reason, and because it has anything to do with being broke.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I think we all need to calm down a bit...
Tiberian don't get ahead of yourself...You almost sound like a prankster typing out've his home somewhere in texas..

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Can the Su-47 beat the F-22 in a 1 on 1, head to head, fair and square scenario, I'd say probably not though it's a bit more like unpredictable. The Su-47 has many disadvantages vs. the F-22, stealth is a major major factor, and all the Su-47 has to hide its huge size is a coat of radar absorbing material which isn't as effective.

The thing, though, is that air combat is dynamic. You don't usually get those ideal situations where Jet A faces off Jet B from 150km away, heading towards each other, same altitude, same pilot skill, same fuel, same speed. It is definitely possible for a Su-47 pilot to kill an F-22 if he's crafty enough, though he has many disadvantages on his hands. Methods of spoofing radar "stealth" are also under development. Once somebody figures it out, the F-22 may lose its stealth advantage as radar data from ground and AWACS can be datalinked to most modern Russian fighters.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
F-22 would win against 47 F-22 doesnt even have to turn his radar on, all he has to do is let the AWAC find the enemy and launch missile,

now if F-22 was like 20 miles from the 47 then it would probably come down to pilot skill which the US has the best pilots but that not to say that the F-22 pilot is going to do everything perfect, the further away a F-22 pilot is from the 47 the weaker the radar return is, so add stealth ontop of that and i dont think the 47 would see it coming

and I finally found a picture of a Pakfa and it looks like russia ran out of there own designs, to me it looks like a F-22 with one engine, I think the Berkut would have been a better choice,

1000 pakfas huh, looks and sounds like they copied F-22 and rushed the production of them,

And i will post the website later but i looked at info on the pakfa and yes as the russians always do make a very agile plane with tale slides and stalls and stuff it still didnt seem to have the avionics the F-22 does, and the website i read it said that the Initial test flight of the Pakfa is going to be flown in 2007 or 08, siberian it sounds like they better get there poop in a scoop if there gonna have all those pakfas ready for WW3

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
What you saw is civilian peseption of what PAK-FA might look like, and here is a real artist rendition of what PAK-FA may look like www.aeronautics.ru...

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
in this forum there is a general view that siberian Tiger is a Kid etc etc .......and I m not surprised at that......coz all who call him a kid is a non Russian.....In oder to understand what's going on in Russia u need to be a Russian....otherwise I m sorry ...I cant help you...coz having visited many other countries including India Pakistan Europe and US ...I have come to a conclusion that Russia was and have been the Most unexplained country in the world......I dont know what he says is correct or not......but I know it for sure that what the rest of the world think about Russia is wrong...rather Ignorance.....most of u ll say that Russia was better when it was USSR ...ask the Russians ....90% will go for today's Russia ......and yes the fall of the USSR was not as simple as people out there think ....Its a very complicated topic that will a book greater than Encylodedia Britanica to explain it

more over i wont b sorprised if someone says that russia has 1000 pakfa...there is a village called Morozoa 1 hour from st Petersburg there u can find junks of mig 29s .......In Russia there are places where on one in the history of Human race has placed his foot upon ...so u never know whats going out there.........

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by prelude
in this forum there is a general view that siberian Tiger is a Kid etc etc .......and I m not surprised at that......coz all who call him a kid is a non Russian.....In oder to understand what's going on in Russia u need to be a Russian....otherwise I m sorry ...I cant help you...coz having visited many other countries including India Pakistan Europe and US ...I have come to a conclusion that Russia was and have been the Most unexplained country in the world......I dont know what he says is correct or not......but I know it for sure that what the rest of the world think about Russia is wrong...rather Ignorance.....most of u ll say that Russia was better when it was USSR ...ask the Russians ....90% will go for today's Russia ......and yes the fall of the USSR was not as simple as people out there think ....Its a very complicated topic that will a book greater than Encylodedia Britanica to explain it

more over i wont b sorprised if someone says that russia has 1000 pakfa...there is a village called Morozoa 1 hour from st Petersburg there u can find junks of mig 29s .......In Russia there are places where on one in the history of Human race has placed his foot upon ...so u never know whats going out there.........

Ok i believe that russia has stuff that no one knows whats going on, but so does the US there are many secret facilities around the US that no one has ever stepped foot on, and there are probably some secret US stuff being developed in some other countries.

In no way whats so ever am i against Russians at all i like Russia now more then i did when they were USSR but they were a munch bigger Military strength then, I feel that Russia and US are Good friends, US has helped Russia Financially in some ways,

And to be Honest with you it kind of Bothers me that Russia wouldnt step in and help with the war on terror, I view Russia as Democracy in a sense, and it bothers me that Russia Goes behind our backs and does military exercies with China of all countries who is Pure Communists country, It bothers me that Russia Sells High tech equipment Such as Planes and Anti Air missile to places like NK and Iran, I dont trust NK,

I would bet That if China went on a rampage and tried to Take over russia that the US would help russia out in a split second, but i get this feeling that if China ever attacked the US Russia wouldnt do a thing. But PLease correct me if im wrong

[edit on 30-3-2005 by zakattack]

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join