It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As a Denver/Aurora resident, I have a LOT to say about the shooting

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter

Where is he going to go that people have not seen him looking batsh*t crazy? Where is he going to go that they don't first picture him as an inmate? Where? The jury in every state is polluted. Tell me, would you want the first impression of nearly every citizen to be of you with orange hair and an orange jumpsuit?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity
reply to post by flyswatter

Where is he going to go that people have not seen him looking batsh*t crazy? Where is he going to go that they don't first picture him as an inmate? Where? The jury in every state is polluted. Tell me, would you want the first impression of nearly every citizen to be of you with orange hair and an orange jumpsuit?

If he didnt want the first impression to include orange hair, he probably shouldnt have colored it in the first place.

But I see exactly what you're saying here. Like I said, its going to take a while to get a jury seated. Most juries are tainted, to at least some extent. Media is everywhere, and we cant try the cases with a jury pool coming out of Timbuktu. In order to be fair to him, they will need to make every effort to get as few tainted individuals as possible.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PassedKarma

PK: It looks like you are an antenna! I would go with your instincts absolutely from now on. If this doesn't prove it what will?

I am planning on prayer for the whole Denver area. My brother lives near there, I love Pearl Street and the mountains...It doesn't seem like the place for such tragedy.

I had another wierd, really wierd thought though. What if he were framed or hypnotized or something? His eyes looked so weird as he sat in on his hearing. He looks so surprised. Was he on something or has something unexplainable happened here to him? Some kind of motive in order to keep this guy locked up and possibly killed? The Denver airport is mysterious I know, amongst other things about the area. To me, something is just not right. Clearly though, if nothing else the guy was out of touch with reality.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I saw that someone answered my question of how he got in the theater. I then found an article explaining it.

“As I was sitting down to get my seat, I noticed that a person came up to the front row, the front right, sat down, and as credits were going, it seemed like he got a phone call,” the witness told CBS. “So he went out toward the emergency exit doorway, which I thought was unusual to take a phone call. And it seemed like he probably pried it open, or probably did not let it latch all the way.”

The witness believes the person who took the phone call may have propped open the emergency exit door, making it easy for the shooter to enter the theater.

“As soon as the movie started, somebody came in, all black, gas mask, armour, and threw a gas can into the audience, and it went off, and then there were gunshots that took place,” the witness said.

That's all I wanted to add.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PassedKarma
Ok! I have been thinking for a few days about the shooting and I have many things to say. I almost went to the movie that night. At that theater. I had tickets and my plans changed at the last moment. Who knows if I would have been in that theater, but either way...
Around midnight, I got this overwhelming sense of panic while I was at home. I didn't have my kids (which is why I was going to go to the movie) and my son actually ended up calling me around 12:30 because he couldn't sleep. He's a very intuitive kid and it was odd to hear from him. I'm super anal about making sure my kids are asleep no later than 10. My mom got the same feeling right before 9/11 happened.
So, weirded out beyond belief, I turned the TV on and that's when I saw the horror. I live about 5 miles from the theater in Denver, but I border Aurora.

I posted in another thread that last year, Aurora PD got an ok somewhere to spend 50 million dollars to beef up their PD. LINK The link doesn't give the final numbers. I am still searching for that article. I will update.
So that's the first thing I found odd since we haven't seen an increase in cops in general.

The second thing that popped into my mind was how NOBODY saw anything suspicious. Aurora is extremely locked down. You can't go anywhere without seeing armed (security guards? cops?) And plenty of mall cops. The Aurora mall and that theater (which is next to the mall) have a steady loop of security. And they stop you for pretty much anything. I've been questioned WITH MY KIDS because we were sitting in my car, waiting for my mom during the day. At night they step the security up even more. It's pretty ridiculous. I've always been annoyed with it. So how did this guy go unnoticed?

Third. The door he supposedly "kicked in". Those doors DEFINITELY have an alarm that goes off when you open them. I'm thinking he must have had some sort of inside connection with a staff member. Or more.
I was there back in May and the power went out during a thunderstorm. A lady freaked out and went out the emergency exit and an alarm went off.
Of course I always account for things like...maybe SOME don't have alarms. Maybe the alarm turns on as a security feature when the power goes out.
But that's unlikely. Especially because of the security I mentioned above.
(I can't work the media right on here and if someone wants to put up a picture of the door in question, feel free!)

I also KNOW the theater has cameras freaking everywhere. Why have we not seen video surveillance footage yet? Are they going to edit it to fit their own story they are going to feed us. Colorado in general ranks #3 for the most surveillanced states. There are cameras everywhere here. You can't pick your nose without it being recorded.

I also noticed that the day of the shooting, Buckley Air force Base was much busier than usual. A lot of jets at high altitude, not during their regular times. They usually fly at 11am and 2pm, very low to the ground. And only 3-4 jets at a time. There were probably 8-10 circling around the area. Buckley is 3 miles from the Aurora mall.

Here in Denver, the news and everyone else were speculating that this was at first a race/hate crime as Aurora houses the majority of our Latino and African American population.
Clearly not the case.

This is all just so random and strange to me. Nothing makes sense and of course, the witness statements have great discrepancies in them. Nothing adds up. At all. From the where and hows' this man got his weapons to how he pulled everything off to his arrest. His trial is going to be a joke.

And not to mention this guys eyes. What is with his eyes? He doesn't look... human. Like his spirit is gone. Why have we not seen his actual mug shot though?

For 15 years, Colorado has really been on the map. Natural disasters (The fires have been unbelievable and the news downplayed everything. 35,000 people evacuated from Colo Springs. Animals dying. Our shelters are overwhelmed. People trying to walk up from the Springs who have passed along the way. It has been horrific) Columbine, the New Life Shootings in 2007... all the conspiracies surrounding DIA... it's really interesting to live here. To say the least!
And each time something happens, it's almost as if many of the citizens have a PTSD reaction to it. Many of my friends lived through Columbine and have been having a very difficult time functioning through this. It has been very somber and people are on edge. We need positive thoughts and prayers.

He didn't "kick in" the door. He was in the theater, he pretended to take a cell phone call, and then exited the theater via emergency exit who's alarm was not working. He propped the door open, donned his armor, and went back into the theater.

I am sorry that your town is going through so much pain. But it is what it is.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

if you look at the pictures of the back of the thearter theres are hallways where this sicko could of hid in order to gear up ......

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I don't have much to add to this thread that hasn't been said in others. But I live in Canada, and the news spread quickly up here Friday morning with tremendous effect on a lot of us. A lot of my friends and I are sensitive types and we all had similar experiences the night of the shooting - nightmares, panic attacks, the feeling of being watched or something to come. And we're all in different parts of North America which really makes this whole incident bizarre. Anyway, all I'll say is... the gun jamming, I read that in an article this morning and thought to myself when it said, "the casualties could have been a lot worse had the gun not jammed". I'm not a religious person but I thought to myself, now that sounds like an intervention from a higher power if I ever heard one before. and for that, I am grateful, otherwise things could have turned out a lot worse.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gamma MO

Surprise surprise......................TPTB allow only what they deem "acceptable"...............good reply

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gamma MO

Do we at this point want to mention JonBenet Ramsey?

A lot of weird stuff going on in Colorado.

And this coming from a 50 year Agnostic...................the day my beloved mother was buried (I was 9 - I turned Agnostic)................no father that would claim me, he was married to another woman.

And ues the children do suffer the sins of their fathers.................so read the Bible and pray up.

There is God's law and man's law. You decide personally which side of the Chess Match you align yourself upon.

There is no on the fence on this one - White or Black.

Choose your side and may God the Almighty Father Creator have mercy upon your soul.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I also KNOW the theater has cameras freaking everywhere. Why have we not seen video surveillance footage yet? Are they going to edit it to fit their own story they are going to feed us. Colorado in general ranks #3 for the most surveillanced states. There are cameras everywhere here. You can't pick your nose without it being recorded.

Funny how when we give up our Liberties for all this Security -- that the security conveniently malfunctions for terrorist events to remind everyone why we need more Security.

I'm willing to think this is just a stressed out med student. But in the back of my head I think about the huge banking scandals like LIBOR and the british bank funding drug trades and terrorism (as was Wachovia -- which barely made the news). The LIBOR scandal is absolutely huge -- it basically means; "The entire banking system is rigged, a scam, and Pension funds failed to raise money because these banksters were paying too low a rate."

More people are going to die because of stress and lack of money than one theater shooting -- not to diminish the tragedy here. But 25 people on average die from guns each and every day. This was just a few more people and the event was a bit theatrical -- otherwise, it wouldn't be a blip on our radar.

The media reaction is predictable -- but why are the rest of us so distracted?

And why bother speculating if this was engineered? The more "secure" the situation -- the less transparency it seems, and we won't get video tapes, or explanations on the door alarm. It isn't incredible to me that one person with an AR-15 could kill 14 people and injure many more. And more guns wouldn't have solved this when there's tear gas and body armor in the mix -- you wouldn't know who was shooting.

So forget it. Ignore any and all analysis of "what this means" in the media. Ignore whatever the authorities are going to tell you -- because without proof they could be making it up. And when you've got unquestioned authority -- they are ALWAYS making it up.

Concentrate on the real issue; your lack of control and this "security state" that has us jumping at shadows now that there are actually fewer adversaries for the USA to deal with. The Bankers are messing us over, our jobs (if we have one) are working us to an early grave.

The chances of someone dressed as Bat Man, or someone from al Qaeda killing you are so incredibly remote to the dangers from poverty and GMO foods.

>> We don't know anything -- we never really will -- move on and ignore the distractions. There is no reason but fear.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

The chances of someone dressed as Bat Man, or someone from al Qaeda killing you are so incredibly remote to the dangers from poverty and GMO foods.

That I think is what everyone going along with how the world is being changed is missing.

Good point. Few listen.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Reportedly there are CC cameras on the back of the theater. If any of these conspiracies involving different/multiple people were true, there should be video evidence of it. And if there was, there is no way the police are going to release that info and tip off the other hypothetical suspects that the investigation is still hot.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
Reportedly there are CC cameras on the back of the theater. If any of these conspiracies involving different/multiple people were true, there should be video evidence of it. And if there was, there is no way the police are going to release that info and tip off the other hypothetical suspects that the investigation is still hot.

Even if there are CC cameras back there, it's not incredibly likely that they would pick up a lot of what was going on. My guess would be that a camera back there would be pointed right at the door, so any potential second person in the car would not be seen.

But who knows if the cameras even exist back there in the first place. I'm not really inclined to believe speculation in regards to that; would be much better to confirm (or disprove, whatever) the existence before going much into it.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Charmeine

"the casualties could have been a lot worse had the gun not jammed"

as a person who owns this particular firearm, i can tell you there are certain magazines or "clips" or whatever you want to call them that are known to fail to feed, (jam) the 100rd beta mag that he used is notorious for it.......had he known how to clear the jam/misfeed the outcome could have been much worse.....any way you look at it it is a sad day.......love for the families of the victims! and i hope our state will settle down soon!!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Concentrate on the real issue; your lack of control and this "security state" that has us jumping at shadows now that there are actually fewer adversaries for the USA to deal with. The Bankers are messing us over, our jobs (if we have one) are working us to an early grave.

>> We don't know anything -- we never really will -- move on and ignore the distractions. There is no reason but fear.

Great thought, and for the most part I agree. However, if it's just a case of rumbling up fear in people, why Aurora? Why not New York City or a heavily populated area where it would stir up more fear? 12 people isn't a lot when you compare it to other crimes. My heart does break for this though, and I've always thought it was suspicious. But I think it is important to know WHY, we may never get the answer, true. But we need to keep asking questions and expanding our knowledge. To sit there and say and imply a "that's just how it is" attitude, is part of the problem that you're talking about, things happening right before our eyes and no one stands up. No one wants to think twice. But, I do agree they want the public to be fearful and stir up trouble, so they can come in and use excessive force to control the public.(I wonder if that also has anything to do with the recent riots in California and such, but that's a different issue). Good for seeing the bigger picture though, but its always best to look at it all as a whole. All information is important.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Panda143

However, if it's just a case of rumbling up fear in people, why Aurora? Why not New York City or a heavily populated area where it would stir up more fear?

For the very reason that it's just nowhere -- it's random. Your back yard. The obvious target doesn't make people feel insecure enough in suburbia.

Also, it's easy to set up.

>> But I'm not sure there is any conspiracy -- I'm just throwing it out there that if there weren't a distraction -- I would not put it past the evil banksters to create one. People need to be paying attention to LIBOR and that from the very top -- it's a rigged game that benefits them.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I am newbie here, just created my account. But i was reading your threads here, and i couldn't resist any longer.
Since some of you guys are living in or close to Aurora, I would like to know if anybody of you can figure out, or even better, to confirm that close before or on the same day of the shooting an emergency drill at Parker medical school took place. I found a german site, that states, that a drill with EXACTLY the same scenario as it happened in the theater was performed.
After anybody could give advice, I will continue with some more information!
Thanks a lot

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamasura

Here is an article by the Denver Post. Shame it's so short, not really much details.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Very interesting to say the least! I was not sure one way or the other whether this incident was something random or incited by the MIC and though i'm still not swayed to it being a false flag event. I do find it very disturbing how the discreprencies just don't add up! If this event is used to incite a gun controll agenda
this will give me even more incentive to rule this as an attempt to placate our rights to take back our country from the usurpers! It seems we are being attacked on every front economically, emotionally, individually and in every
case there is someone using each incident to their advantage! When will we become tired of being the victims?
When will the time come where we no longer can take anymore? Could this be why there are so many people
going on rampages? Will we wait too long until we no longer have the means to take a stand? Will we ever unite under the common good or will our own selfish interests be our unduing? I'm sure that we would all like to answer these questions but maybe it's not in our fate to ever answer any of them! Maybe we have become to enthralled in this superficial world being led by the carrot of materialism to ever change into a civilization of men who hold moral fortitude above all else! I hope i'm wrong on this last statement for if it's true our hopes will be dashed with greed and self absorbed reality!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

quote: "Yeah, and they also mentioned that James Holmes said his place was booby-trapped but the ATF said there was nothing inside. Now I don't see that comment anywhere in the news or any articles. Why would the ATF say that? Nothing is making sense."
YES!!! i saw that too! i've been looking and looking and haven't found anything either.(i thought it was the fbi who said it, so i'll keep looking now under atf). could someone who knows about finding cached pages look into that? this is the first time i've seen anyone else mention that. (i'm new here btw, this is my first post, i HAD to comment on that!)

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join