It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIVE VIDEO: Police about to enter suspects apartment in Colorado

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Yep, just found that one also and was about to post but checked and saw you got it posted first

Note for members outside the US: the above feed is working fine here in Europe.

Mike

edit on 21/7/12 by JustMike because: typo

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnukeem

Officer speaking now, says they have defeated teh first trip wire, was set to kill.

They now have to diffuse other devices.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Thank you!

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Having a conference right now with the cops... If a controlled detonation is to occur they will tell us. I think they will blow it.
edit on 21-7-2012 by sirnukeem because: i

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
First threat taken care. Spokesperson highlighted this was meant to kill somebody.

Goes back to the same question

Why?

Why did he kill/hurt all those people only to spare more killings by telling police his place was boobytrapped?

Second phase might be controlled.
edit on 21-7-2012 by jam321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

That is the million dollar question.

I can't help but wonder if he was trying to provoke police to go in and set the trip off.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Maybe he thought he could (or perhaps actually is) use this as a bargaining chip to spare him the death penalty. Tell them how to disarm devices, how he had a change of heart last minute, etc. ...

Who knows...? We may never.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

If there was a biological device they would want to contain the biological agent by keeping the apartment sealed. And they would not be in plain clothes because the agents used to make the device could be already loose in the apartment from making the device. So biological device is out the window.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Working theory in the other thread is that this scene was meant to happen simultaneously to the movie theater scene. Like the Norway bombing was a distraction to the shootings there. He had music blaring to get attention or complaints to draw in LEOs to the booby trap. Only it didn't work. No one called the police. One lady almost went in but decided against it because she wasn't sure about him....

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Very good question. Frankly I suspect a true sociopath wouldn't even tell them. I can only assume some change in the perp's mental state once he was apprehended, and that's rather puzzling under the circumstances. But a lot of aspects of this case are puzzling. For example, as a member (Honor93?) mentioned on another thread, the apparent absence of any statment/manifesto by this perp is also very odd. I've hunted high and low and haven't been able to track down any video or statement he might have released ahead of time.

Possible he mailed a video or something, as the perp did in the Virgina Tech case, but his apparently methodical nature suggests this perp would have multiple ways to get his version of things out and there's not been a word.

It's weird.

edit on 21/7/12 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

link   
If im not mistaken the loud music at his apartment started about 20 minutes before he even started shooting at the movie theater. So he probly thought that the apartment would have already done what he had planned before he even started at the movie theater. The cops grabbed him in the parking lot at the movie theater found out his name about the same time the cops found out who owned the apartment with the noise complaint.

link   
This is just so weird and mysterious

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Here is another live stream of a camera guy getting ready, lol.

www.9news.com...

Anyone else getting only audio and no video with that stream?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Hi Jack,

I recall an interview with a lady from one of the other apartments, where she apparently did call the police but they couldn't come because they were all busy with the theater events. But yes, it makes sense that he could have set up his apartment (with the loud music on a timer) as a "red herring" event.

Mike

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Yes, video streaming is down right now. Costs $$ so I guess they switched it off for the time being.

It went down earlier as well, but only for a few seconds that time.

If anyone has a better feed, please post it!

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Sounds more like that could be the reason.

According to police sources, the same suspect who would not tell police a motive for the shooting did tell them that if they went to his apartment they might find explosives. Holmes didn't mention it was a trap. After arresting Holmes, police went to his residence. But they moved cautiously, and that may have saved some lives

www.cbsnews.com...

Ben Markus of Colorado Public Radio tells our Newscast Desk that it's being reported that the suspect "hinted to officers that there may be an explosive device in his apartment or the parking lot of the mall."

wjsu.org...

From these sources it sounds like he did not flat out tell them it was boobytrapped. Looks like he was being vague in hopes of luring cops into his apartment.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
If I was there or anywhere near there I would go to that apartment and fly one of those cheap toy drones with a camera on it to get a look in the window.
It sounds crazy but its really not hard or expensive to do.

Someone should be doing this because I honestly believe that there is NOTHING in that apartment. There are no trip wires or bombs or chemical traps, there is nothing except maybe the bomb that the cops put there (if something blows up).

Not only do I think that there is nothing dangerous in that apartment, but I dont even think its the shooters apartment.
Sure, its probably the guy in the pictures apartment but not the shooter.

If this guy was so hellbent on hurting the cops who checked his apartment, then he would have hurt them at the scene.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Open or closed windows don't contain biological fumes. There are too many gaps, air holes, vents, etc to contain it, an open or closed window doesn't make much of a difference.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
On the topic of why he warned them... I have an idea which would slot in with the theory I proposed here, which is basically that he was under some form of mind control, and that the whole thing was orchestrated with the help of possibly multiple people (according to witness testimony provided in the link).

If we are to believe he was possibly hypnotised in some way, we might be able to explain why he simply waited for the police and gave himself up without a fight instead of trying to flee the scene of the crime. It might also help to explain why he would tell them about the explosives.

There are two possibilities I can see (assuming he was under some type of mind control). The first, is that he was "programmed" to hand him self over without a fight and inform them about the explosives (for what ever reason). The second may be that he snapped out of it and decided the best thing to do was wait for the police and tell them about the explosives.
edit on 21/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

It does for the people standing on the ground directly below the apartment. Remeber they are all in plain clothes on the ground. Standing right below the busted window on the side of the building. And if he made a biological device in the apartment they would already have been covered with dust particles just from the wind blowing through the windows now busted.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join