It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Plea to Conservatives that would trash Liberals

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
First of all before I say anything, I would like to say that I have conservative friends here on ATS that I like very much. They may be more liberal than they’re willing to admit publicly, but they’re still conservative in political ideals, if not 100% conservative in life.

After going over and examining everything on the recent shooting in CO, I think I have a pretty good idea of where the cryptic, “I’m joker” statement came from, and the meaning behind it. Who is Joker? Well, Joker is the BAD guy, right? A guy with no real message or motive other than the fact that he’s crazy. With all of the trashing of liberals recently, it’s no surprise that the liberal gunman hell-bent of revolution would call himself Joker, or BAD guy. He is the BAD guy. He did something very BAD. You think he dyed his hair because he was crazy. I think he dyed his hair because he knew he may not be alive to tell us, that he was Joker. I think his message goes a lot deeper than most will bother to follow. He was after all a highly intelligent person. It’s also historically irrefutable that genius eccentric criminals leave in depth messages. We’re not dealing with some columbine style, “let’s blow up the school” nutcase. This kid did everything deliberately.

Up until the point that he committed this heinous crime, he was not a BAD guy. He was a young college student with good grades, and probably a pretty decent life. His life for whatever reason fell. I’m not sure why he quit life, but I would guess that something sent him over the edge. I do believe that his message “I’m the BAD guy” was directed at Occupy detractors, mostly conservatives. Conservatives that have played right into the trap of a very intelligent young man.

He just said to the nation, “If you call me a BAD guy, I’ll show you what a BAD guy is”. Next time you go to vilify a liberal here on ATS, think about this young man and his message. I’m not sure if he was an ATS member, but it would not surprise me. A scrawny nerd managed to do all of that. A scrawny nerdy madman that you created.

Before any of you tear into that last statement lecturing about responsibility and God knows what else. If you help to create more just like him, what does responsibility for their actions have to do with the price of tea in china? Innocent people will still die. This is how revolutions are started.

I suggest that not only ATS, but also media outlets take a step back from Occupy and the liberals. The accusations will cause things to come to a breaking point if they continue in the same manner that they have been.

Keep in mind that Occupy for the most part hasn’t attacked any other political groups. I think it’s time to start following the golden rule, “do unto others as you would have them do unto you”. Occupy doesn’t attack and trash every Teaparty thread, don’t do it to them. If I see one more phony picture of a so called Occupy protest. Some of you have linked pictures from Russian protests ffs!

I do not want a civil war. Certainly not one where my friends become my enemy.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
The Dark Knight shooting just goes to show what one motivated Marine and his weapon can do.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Thank you for making my point.

I hope you continue to laugh when the # hits the fan.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Are you using this to get folks to stop the negativity against the Occupiers for fear that they will go completely nuts and start shooting massive amounts of people like this guy did?

As your OP said...I have to bring up personal responsibility anyway. Disagreeing with someone's views and calling them out on it (no matter how rude or wrong) doesn't justify mass killings by any stretch of the imagination.

I understand what you are saying. I also understand that there are some "occupiers" that give the whole group a bad name. It happens in any group regardless of why they are a group. Some folks get pushed over the edge easier than others, but that doesn't make it someone else's fault. It just makes it apparent that there is some mental instability there. We are all responsible for our actions and reactions, unless there is some kind of mental deficit going on IMO.

On the other hand... I do wish we could channel Rodney King more and just get along together peacefully.
edit on 7/21/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Unfortunately a few bad conservatives are doing more than simply "calling out". As I said, I've seen people that fail to win a debate resort to linking pictures from other protests. I would like it to stop, but I fear it won't stop until it's too late.

The media is equally as guilty, and these posters are a reflection of that. It may be the presidential election motivating the media. I can't remember them ever being so hard hitting and pollitically biased. They really hate Obama, and I think that's trickling all the way down to the level of common folks.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

Unfortunately a few bad conservatives are doing more than simply "calling out". As I said, I've seen people that fail to win a debate resort to linking pictures from other protests. I would like it to stop, but I fear it won't stop until it's too late.

The media is equally as guilty, and these posters are a reflection of that. It may be the presidential election motivating the media. I can't remember them ever being so hard hitting and pollitically biased. They really hate Obama, and I think that's trickling all the way down to the level of common folks.

I can agree with that. The worse things get, the more we seem to be going for each other's throats. We should come together when times are difficult, but that isn't happening. I fear it is only going to get much worse as November grows nearer. It's sad that way and I often wonder if that isn't the goal of our government to begin with. Divide and Conquer.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

I'm not sure if they are attempting to cause division or not. I think they just really hate Obama and do not care if they incite a civil war to get him out of office.

I think they need to realize the power they wield, and use it with more restraint. Otherwise we may be headed for truely bad times.
edit on 21-7-2012 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Wait, what? Do you live in some alternate reality? The MSM has been blaming the tea parties (not liberals). The media is also sycophantically biased in favor of Obama. What media outlets do you see that hate him besides Fox? Our media might as well be part of his re-election campaign!
edit on 21-7-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

When was the last time the Tea Party was even mentioned? Neither Tea Party nor Occupy has been making the media.

Demonic pictures of Obama have been though. A bunch of claims about this shooter being a "left wing democrat" have made it.

Those nice little political ads on television constantly are part of the media. Both men are going at each other without gloves. It's pathetic.
edit on 21-7-2012 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I dont like that our Country is in a battle "Us vs Them"

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

When was the last time the Tea Party was even mentioned? Neither Tea Party nor Occupy has been making the media.

Yesterday when they were accusing the shooter of being part of the tea party............Its actually quite common for the MSM to still demonize them. Yet, they openly and vocally support OWS. I think you're full of it.

www.breitbart.com...

On Good Morning America, ABC News' Brian Ross and George Stephanopoulos suggested that the Tea Party might be connected to the mass shootings early this morning in an Aurora, CO theater during a screening of the new Batman movie, The Dark Knight Rises. The mainstream media attempted to blame the Tea Party for the Tuscon shootings in January 2011, shortly after Republicans swept the midterm elections. Now, in the critical 2012 elections, the mainstream media seems poised to do the same--and ABC News has led the way.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Since when has the media supported Occupy? Last thing I saw about Occupy was a video of protestors getting shuved by vehicles because they were trying to cross the street.

They also promtly blamed Occupy for his actions as well. They were calling him a liberal before they knew anything about him.

Keep doing it though. I'm sure when people start shooting and the country along with it's constitution start burning, you might wake up. Viva la-revolution.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cybro

That is an insult of the highest order to my Marines.
Another civilian bigoted statement against the ones who would defend them,bravo.
He wasn't in the military he is a college boy.
edit on 21-7-2012 by cavtrooper7 because: finished my point

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Since when has the media supported Occupy? Last thing I saw about Occupy was a video of protestors getting shuved by vehicles because they were trying to cross the street.

Really? I'm starting to think you live in a cave somewhere.

Are you suggesting the Democrats, Obama and the MSM don't openly support and promote OWS?

All the MSM (minus fox) has shown open support for OWS. Here are some examples:

ABC News:
newsbusters.org...
newsbusters.org...
newsbusters.org...

CBS News:
newsbusters.org...
newsbusters.org...
m.newsbusters.org...

NBC:
newsbusters.org...
newsbusters.org...
newsbusters.org...

CNN:
newsbusters.org...
newsbusters.org...
newsbusters.org...

Now how did these same networks treat the tea party?

They also promtly blamed Occupy for his actions as well. They were calling him a liberal before they knew anything about him.

Who is they? Back this claim up with some proof.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
never once did i hear anyone claim he was ows. until this post.
but the first thing i heard yesterday morning from brian ross, and george stepinopolis.
was that he was tea party.

video

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

I live in the conservative republican capital of the united states. Maybe that's why I see it? The local news hasn't said anything good about Occupy.

I want to move anyways. Nothing worse than a conservative republican state supported economically by the military, with a bunch of old farts that want to move to florida or california but can't because they realize the sale of their $200,000 home wouldn't buy squat in a decent state.

At the very least, I'm going to start paying more attention to those media sources you linked. Might be a bit less depressing than our local news anchor yelling at local business owners.
edit on 22-7-2012 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er
but the first thing i heard yesterday morning from brian ross, and george stepinopolis.

video

There's a P.I. in florida claimed he's Ocuppy black bloc, and left Occupy due to a lack of violent action. The proof looks shakey. I really don't feel like linking it. Go to google and type it in yourself. You can't miss it! It's probably just another Teapartier trying to trash Occupy.

On the other hand, I can't help but wonder if that recent thread requesting ATS members to start a revolution, was made by him.

Who knows. Seems like the weapons he used for the crime are the usual ones recommended on internet forums. It's sickening to think that ATS could have been a great resource to educate that shooter on how to pull it off.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er

video

Based on nothing more than the guy having the same name. That's modern liberal journalism. Facts and research mean nothing when you're trying to smear your great leader's political opponents.
edit on 22-7-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

First of all before I say anything, I would like to say that I have conservative friends here on ATS that I like very much. They may be more liberal than they’re willing to admit publicly, but they’re still conservative in political ideals, if not 100% conservative in life.

After going over and examining everything on the recent shooting in CO, I think I have a pretty good idea of where the cryptic, “I’m joker” statement came from, and the meaning behind it. Who is Joker? Well, Joker is the BAD guy, right? A guy with no real message or motive other than the fact that he’s crazy. With all of the trashing of liberals recently, it’s no surprise that the liberal gunman hell-bent of revolution would call himself Joker, or BAD guy. He is the BAD guy. He did something very BAD. You think he dyed his hair because he was crazy. I think he dyed his hair because he knew he may not be alive to tell us, that he was Joker. I think his message goes a lot deeper than most will bother to follow. He was after all a highly intelligent person. It’s also historically irrefutable that genius eccentric criminals leave in depth messages. We’re not dealing with some columbine style, “let’s blow up the school” nutcase. This kid did everything deliberately.

Up until the point that he committed this heinous crime, he was not a BAD guy. He was a young college student with good grades, and probably a pretty decent life. His life for whatever reason fell. I’m not sure why he quit life, but I would guess that something sent him over the edge. I do believe that his message “I’m the BAD guy” was directed at Occupy detractors, mostly conservatives. Conservatives that have played right into the trap of a very intelligent young man.

He just said to the nation, “If you call me a BAD guy, I’ll show you what a BAD guy is”. Next time you go to vilify a liberal here on ATS, think about this young man and his message. I’m not sure if he was an ATS member, but it would not surprise me. A scrawny nerd managed to do all of that. A scrawny nerdy madman that you created.

Before any of you tear into that last statement lecturing about responsibility and God knows what else. If you help to create more just like him, what does responsibility for their actions have to do with the price of tea in china? Innocent people will still die. This is how revolutions are started.

I suggest that not only ATS, but also media outlets take a step back from Occupy and the liberals. The accusations will cause things to come to a breaking point if they continue in the same manner that they have been.

Keep in mind that Occupy for the most part hasn’t attacked any other political groups. I think it’s time to start following the golden rule, “do unto others as you would have them do unto you”. Occupy doesn’t attack and trash every Teaparty thread, don’t do it to them. If I see one more phony picture of a so called Occupy protest. Some of you have linked pictures from Russian protests ffs!

I do not want a civil war. Certainly not one where my friends become my enemy.

I have seen some senseless ramblings in my 50 odd years of life...this one is right up there with the best of them...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join