It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Control means hitting your target.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by kingofmd

I still had to fill out paperwork and get the ok from the FBI

Because EVERYBODY knows government agents are trustworthy.

It's not like they have higher ups who can tell them to conveniently overlook or forget something... *cough cough*
edit on 21-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
not even worth it, nevermind
edit on 21-7-2012 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I'm honestly confused as to what the people who talk down to the United States about our Gun Rights would see us do about it? Assume for just one moment that this wasn't a founding right of our nation and core to it. Also assume for a moment that the vast majority of gun owners enjoy shooting as a sport of various kinds from clay, action and target shooting to Olympic Sports...when one thinks about it.

Aside from all that..... There are hundreds of millions of guns floating around and a number I saw many years ago had estimated 80 million gun owners. My state doesn't even register ownership among private parties. Who knows how many among legal adults? Add Billions of rounds of ammunition. Much of this, sold in the last 5 years as Bush and then Obama both scared the heck out of people.

So.... Where would all that go??? You can't outlaw it and make it vanish. Hundreds of millions....millions... It isn't vanishing..even if we didn't have the points I made first, which makes it ALL moot. That physical reality is one I haven't seen anti-gunners even touch though and you can't ignore it.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So innocent people continue to get shot. You are one great big ray of beautiful sunshine.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

innocent ppl get shot by cops, government thugs and agents of the state, every day ... why should they have a monopoly ??

when the rest of the world lays theirs down, i'll consider it.
so long as they are manufactured (in garages), there will be no such thing as elimination.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

So innocent people continue to get shot. You are one great big ray of beautiful sunshine.

Sick people exist....Gun Control just isn't the answer. It's a band-aid on an open wound although in this case, it hurts so much more that isn't the problem.

I liked Reagan. Great President. One of the things he did wrong though? One of his first orders of business was the gutting of the Mental Health system. It's never recovered.... Maybe..and maybe not in this case, who knows, but maybe the guy could have been caught ahead of time. Maybe Mom did know more than a goodbye letter or whatever left her less than shocked that her kid did it.

Gun laws may be one thing. Explosive laws are not vague though, and he just went to town on making bombs too....what laws would have stopped that? This wasn't a gun crime. It was a tragedy guns happened to be a part of.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Sick people exist....Gun Control just isn't the answer. It's a band-aid on an open wound although in this case, it hurts so much more that isn't the problem.

Do you have an alternate solution? I'd love to hear it.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I'm sure I'd have a number of ideas for trying to mitigate homicidal maniacs ....but the thread would be a little hurt in the process of stomping off topic that hard.

In terms of guns though, what we have is what we have. I don't know any better but to note the places with the MOST liberal gun laws our nation has are the least likely places for crime to be found.

Places like Vermont and Alaska haven't even required a permit for carry in the traditional way that other states do. Gun ownership in those FAR states are a bit different and certainly aren't the hotbeds of violence and crime that VERY open attitudes toward ownership and carry would suggest by some of the logic I see used.

Arizona and New Mexico have both been states where legal open carry was a fact of life long before the recent changes in state permit laws. Those two states are far from criminal hotbeds themselves.

Now, again, in topic here, the areas with the worst violence in the nation are the most restrictive. I know it's a point people have heard a million times, but the truth never gets old. Chicago, Detroit, New York, D,C., L.A. and the list goes on. They are the most restrictive...and overlap onto the highest crime.

Do something about the criminals, not the tools they choose..........when it's about 1:10 between criminals and lawful citizens using the same tool for radically different things.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

But then you have to worry about rules regarding humane handling, which isn't a problem when restricting gun usage.

Discussing alternatives to guns is off topic? If I were to write an essay, it would most assuredly be part of the analysis. We shouldn't have a problem, I'd think. Maybe I'm wrong.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
funny ... far less crime here in asia ... and nobody capping people in the streets daily like over there ... as to criminals - the police get the lucky ones before the people get them .. seen more than once over here criminals get beaten severely by bystanders before being handed over to the police ... keep your guns and enjoy life in the shooting gallery you call a country ... maybe one day americans will outgrow the fascination with firearms and blasting away at each other and start acting like civilised human beings instead ...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I am amazed at how many just dismiss the fact that some of our guns are owned for implied Government compliance. And it does work.The corporate take over of our government is more than enough reason to maintain a counter force.All the lies and secrecy did at least hinder them.
And please don't try to tell me how we wouldn't have a chance as we are still here.If they could have done it they would have have long ago.
They WOULD like to go full dictator on us.They ARE trying to undermine American traditional values and this incident will no doubt be a spring board for more efforts to establish control.
But you can't legislate crazy.

If America falls to them you will ALL,EVERY COUNTRY, pay a horrible price at their pleasure.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

But then you have to worry about rules regarding humane handling, which isn't a problem when restricting gun usage.

Discussing alternatives to guns is off topic? If I were to write an essay, it would most assuredly be part of the analysis. We shouldn't have a problem, I'd think. Maybe I'm wrong.

Well, you have to worry about humane treatment. We all have different ideas of that when talking about criminals and what kind of criminal matters a great deal.

The post to follow yours really reminds me...it's totally different mindsets here that are hard to even talk on with common ground. My father in law moved here just a couple years ago from Scotland and seeing his reactions to all this for the first time was fascinating...especially the guns. He'd been in the military over there too, so I was surprised. I guess it's a cultural thing in many ways and debate has limits for understanding each other.

In all fairness? I say that both directions. I should be able to understand the point of the anti-gunners better than I do...probably..but it's just too far outside my own upbringing and way of life.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
You know what? I have one more thing to say to you people.

Aren't you ashamed that you're using theis tragedy to push your own political opinions and agendas? That's a little callous. Be ashamed. Be very ashamed. I wash my hands of this madness, and ask that you do the same.

They wouldn't want this. You know they wouldn't want this fighting and squabbling. I don't know what to do about this, but fighting over guns is not the solution. If there is a problem, be man enough to admit it and find a solution. If there isn't an issue, don't create one.

R.I.P. Aurora victims. My thoughts go out to your friends and families.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Mentality is the problem, not guns.....

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Genetic predispositions towards acts of violence and an accelerated rate of acceptable escalation towards violent acts.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

You are really something else.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Darce

I tend to have mood swings. However, I did not change my stance on gun rights. Give me that at least.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

My advice to you.
Is stay down under.
DEFENCLESS

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Okay I will give you that. Let's call it "integrity".

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Darce

*sigh* I don't want more people to die. Yet these people are neither the first nor the last. And it will all happen with guns.

See why I don't like guns? For every one person who defends themselves with a gun, or hunts meat for themselves with a gun, there's three others who are using guns to murder innocent people.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join