It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Control means hitting your target.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Darce

*sigh* I don't want more people to die. Yet these people are neither the first nor the last. And it will all happen with guns.

See why I don't like guns? For every one person who defends themselves with a gun, or hunts meat for themselves with a gun, there's three others who are using guns to murder innocent people.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I would love to see you prove that ridiculous claim

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
op my freedom hasn,t been stripped,i just don,t have a need for a gun cause most people in my town don,t have one and the ones that do are licensed.

i know what ur saying is meaning us british but we don,t have to cower and hide......its a very rare thing the tony martin story and just cause we have gun control doesn,t mean a zero murder rate but what it does mean is that very few people have access to guns so we have no need to worry

no matter what anyone says, uz americans will never see the point,i,d be better going outside and running head first at a brick wall rather than try explain to uz how having the right to bear arms is just asking for ur massacres that to me seem to happen quite regular.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
Arrogant right from the very first paragraph.

You don't need a gun to protect yourself. You don't need to kill to protect yourself.

In the very rare case that you need to defend your life against someone else, there are many other options, you NEVER need a firearm, maybe there's an exception in some cases when they have a gun, but then banning guns would make it a lot harder for that to happen.

Why would any other country to ignorant by default? How arrogant is that statement... any other country is quite capable of common sense, in fact many would say more capable.

By that logic, millions of people get killed in car accidents every year. Let's also ban automobiles and put an end to car accidents! There are also lots of people who get stabbed to death too, so let's put a ban on owning knives and other sharp objects too! In case you can't tell.... that was sarcasm! The only crimes committed at all are committed by criminals who don't care about the rule of law in the first place. That's why they're criminals! If someone believes there's a chance you are carrying a firearm, you're chances of being a victim go down because it may not be worth them risking getting injured or killed themselves. You're way of thinking is what makes a person a good potential victim.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

One thing I think that gets overlooked in this never ending argument is.........

Population numbers......We have over 300,000,000 people here in the US.

The population of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is 60,776,238 according to The World Almanac and Book of Facts, 2008.
That figure is for the population of the UK. The population of the island of Great Britain is not routinely available, probably somewhere in the region of 59 million.
63 million in great Britain
i would say about 4
The population of the UK on June 1st 2010 is approximately 62,598,810

link

On 1 October 2009, Australia's population reached 22 million. See the related link for the news story on this important milestone for the country.

As of June 2012, the estimated population of Australia is 22,649,643.

link

There is not even any comparison.
I know that the studies say out of every hundred thousand. Well I believe that those numbers are skewed because the US has more "hundreds of thousands".
Lets not forget that it seems that most of the gun deaths come from inner city gang rivalries. I wont even look that one up because I know it is true.

There were at least 30,000 gangs and 800,000 gang members active across the USA in 2007,[4][5] up from 731,500 in 2002 and 750,000 in 2004.[6] By 1999, Hispanics accounted for 47% of all gang members, Blacks 34%, Whites 13%, and Asians 6%.[7]

link

Here is an old article about the nuber of gang members in the UK. For some reason it is difficult to find a new number, hmm I wonder why that is

Alarming figures suggest there are now as many as 30,000 gang members across England and Wales and the numbers are rising rapidly. The number of gang members aged under 16 has doubled in the past year and nearly half of all gang murders committed with firearms now involve victims under the age of 18.

link

30,000 gang members compared to 800,000 does not even compare people.

I think that the point I am trying to make is, other countries populations do not even compare to us here in the US. We have more gangmembers here in the us then some countries have citizens. Our cultures are different, It seems that young americans think that they are deserving of "the good life" and this all comes down to television making money seem like it is the cure for your life problems. uneducated people turn to the only thing that they know how to make alot of money in the least amount of time, and that is............drugs and prostitution.

People can keep bickering about there are more murders here involving guns, yes that is because there are several times more people here than anywhere else that are in the debate of gun control(other than Russia and China of course).

More people = more crazies= more violence= more murders= more air time on the nightly news. We all know how the nightly news has a hard on for the murder rates.

I have one regret in my life and that is, I will not be able to purchase a firearm. I made a couple of bad decisions in my younger years that were non violent and because of that someone decided that I do not deserve the right to own a firearm. All the while if I really wanted on and didn't care about the law, I could have one faster and cheaper than if I did follow the law.

We live in a screwed up socitey where everyone thinks that they are better than everyone else(with a few exceptions of course). With this kind of thinking we are always goping to have people that will do anything to be the best and prove that they will do anything to stay the best in whatever they say and do. Until someone comes and outdoes them by getting rid of them,. It is a never ending cycle and It does not matter if there are firearms or not.

Wasn't it in Ireland where they would just blow you and every other innocent bystander to smitherteens with a massive bomb blast? Were guns involved in that?

Anyways I am rambling on and I hope that I made some kind of point throughout these ramblings.

Man I wish I could go hunting with a firearm

edit on 21-7-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-7-2012 by liejunkie01 because: [ext] tag

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Darce

See why I don't like guns? For every one person who defends themselves with a gun, or hunts meat for themselves with a gun, there's three others who are using guns to murder innocent people.

Sorry, I couldn't let that BS fly.

In 2006 there were 12.5 MILLION registered hunters. Lets be very conservative and say an 8th of them killed one animal, which is probably a super low estimate BTW......
That 1,562,500 kills by a hunter.
Source

Ok that same year there were a total of 17,030 murders. So without even counting people who are going to the range, who are competition shooting, and many many other lawfull uses, it blows that dismal theory out of the water by a long shot. For every one murder, there were 733 successful hunts.
Murder Source

And that's all murders BTW, so if I cared to break it down to just gun murders, that would even more deflate the theory!

I am giving you the benefit of the doubt, and posted that out of misconception, and not a malicious lie though.

edit on Sat, 21 Jul 2012 18:05:34 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Here, you are allowed to protect yourself against assaults, rape, murder and the such. We have the right to self protect. It seems like most of the places that hate our freedom to self protect, are places where that freedom has been stripped from the populace.

Were I come from , I grow up with gun control so I don't know better than when your carry a gun You could be arrested and thrown in jail . But thats what we all know here.Its the same as when your born to eat rice and not potatoes you eat rice, because you don't know better. Its not a matter of being stripped from your freedom its how you use to live in curtain countries.

And there are still allot of crimes committed here then else were so it makes no difference.. Only some times I wish I legally had a gun so that I could shoot some bottles or beer cans in my garden. Now I have to start up battlefield 3 to do that... And they don't even got beer cans in that game.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Ummmmm.............I sold off all of my guns and ammo, I got tired of cleaning them all. Now I just sit and wait for the swat team to get the wrong address again. I really love the after the fact showing up of the Leo's it makes me feel all safe and warm inside................so every gun owner should sell their guns.............like I did...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Isn't it funny that the Op mentions they have guns to protect themselves from rape, murder and such...
..yet these things still go on and also happens to gun owners.

They also love to claim it is a right they need to help them from the government..yet the government sounds like it keeps screwing them over time and time again...

They also say that countries without guns are over run by criminals and the citizens are cowering because of how much control these guys have..
yet if I am not mistaken....criminals run America on the streets and in the government. I mean they make it sound like there is crime everywhere there and so they need guns to protect themselves from this element...so who's country is run by criminals...

I live in Canada..I can leave my door unlocked if I choose to, walk down the street late at night, don't live in fear that some maniac is going to shoot the place up, don't live in fear period..and have a right to own a gun if I want and choose not to....not sure about the type of guns we can own .....since I never felt the need to get one..

Name another type of modern tool that is made for one purpose and only one purpose...TO KILL.

Your right guns don't kill people...it is the owners of guns but how do you know who is sane enough to own a gun or not?

They love to make it easy to get guns down there...yet cry about a psychopath going on a rampage....how did he get access to a gun some cry.

They love to say if we don't have guns then only the criminals will have them..not sure if this is stupidity or what...but in other civilized countries like Canada people do not have easy access to weapons..which also makes it harder for anyone to get one...so there are a lack of guns on the street. So there goes that argument.

Lies and more lies...the gun owners love to keep repeating them over and over...they will also have access to a few stories to prove how dangerous it is in other countries....the very few stories that are rare...yet they never point that part out.

Hey America...if you enjoy cowering and for the men not all just the ones who feel like guns are the only means of protection (pity your families if ever caught without a gun)...if your manhood depends on the gun...then keep em...

Most people, in Canada anyways, could care less if we have access to guns...so there goes another argument...you know the one...countries without guns are just jealous...yada yada yada.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Are you really so ignorant, you don't even know about your own country? It is the city areas where guns are tightly restricted, you know the crime infested cesspools? Same as it is in the US, the crime infested cesspool cities have tight gun regulations, while the country does not. Deny ignorance man.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Just look at cities like Washington DC, Chicago, St. Louis and NYC. All have extremely strict gun laws, yet have high murder rates. The issue isn't guns, it is a gang banger thug life mentality portrayed in popular culture today. Being a member of a local gun club, the only people I know that have used guns to kill someone are cops, and should I know anyone has killed someone outside of being a cop, chances are very good it was in self defense due to the amount of armed citizens in my city and extremely low crime rate.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Maybe it's because your population is 1/10th of ours and California by itself has a larger GDP than your entire country, maybe it's because your military is ranked #25 in the world and If America wasn't here, you'd have been invaded decades ago. Whatever it is, you have an unhealthy fixation with our country and feel the need to compare yours to ours. Do I care about Canadian Crime?... NO. Do I care about Canadian Gun Laws?.... Nope. The point of this thread is that it seems people from other country's can't help but comment on our countries gun laws and our constitution. You sir, should focus on your own country.. maybe go fix this

The National Assembly of Quebec passed Bill 78 on May 18 after months of student protests against rising tuition fees in the province. The law requires organizers of protests involving 50 or more people to notify the police with details of the demonstration eight hours beforehand. Offenders are required to pay daily fines ranging from $1,000 to $125,000, depending on their involvement and leadership role in the protests.

And worry about our gun laws later.

Now go
about that!
edit on 21-7-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Good thread !! Love the quotes. Here's another:

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
-- Benjamin Franklin

Oh, why don't more people learn from history? Disarming the populace is always the tactic of the despots. As Jefferson said, "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by seaside sky

Fear & Ignorance... They want to be taken care of by daddy (The state) Daddy knows best, they know what's better for you than you do...you're not smart or competent enough to run your life, you can't be trusted with firearms, only they can have firearms.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
The point of this thread is that it seems people from other country's can't help but comment on our countries gun laws and our constitution. You sir, should focus on your own country.. maybe go fix this

Actually I do not care much about America...except when guns are brought to our country from it.

What really makes me post in this type of thread is that you people just don't follow your own advice.

In A lot of threads there is always some gun owner who will post about how countries without guns are crap or unsafe...etc..

If the countries without guns are being told to mind their own business...maybe you should also follow that logic and mind your own business about our countries..

Canada would not be invaded with or without you...everyone loves us...unlike your country...

Let us not get into which country is better because the only people that think America is great are Americans..while the world would agree my country rocks..

edit on 21-7-2012 by kerazeesicko because: I can

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
The point of this thread is that it seems people from other country's can't help but comment on our countries gun laws and our constitution. You sir, should focus on your own country.. maybe go fix this

Actually I do not care much about America...except when guns are brought to our country from it.

I'm not sure why American guns would be flowing into Canada. You guys import guns that us Americans would love to have imported but were banned. Like Norinco M14's, Russian SKS's, SVT40's, VZ58's, PSL's How about your Canadians smuggle some of your guns down here? Only joking of course.

America has to many gun laws that only hurt law abiding citizens they do noting for actual crime.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jeepthing07

Lol don't let Canadians like that reflect badly on all of us Canadians.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
how do guns kill people?? our government could care less how many die they just want control,,most of the people that are trying to outlaw guns allso voted for seat belts,and there talking about takeing kids out of familys because there obeast calling it child abues,..i wonder what these gun control people could do if they used all there time makeing stronger"PENALTYS" law & order.. not punish me for what somebody else did..they all ready made that killer out to be "mental",loner, out cast its the guns falt he didnt mean to do it..what would our government lawmakers say if the familys of the dead got on 2020 and marched the street & stormed the jail cell saying hang him??? stronger penaltys would save us a lot of tax money feeding & houseing these criminals...what would 2020 have to talk about today if this killer was convicted with a fair trial today, & turned into compost tomorrow..he did it not me,leave me alone let me work 60 hrs a week to feed my family pay my taxs..please dont thank for one minute a law of any kind over guns will make your life safer it will only make ammo go on the blackmarket like drugs..ill have to go in the hood shopping, instead of Wallmart. ill go to jail for haveing a gun and get a education our prisoners are walking on carpet floors..start yelling STRONGER PENALTYS watch how fast our government for the people defends that killer with doctors & lawyers ...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Let us not get into which country is better because the only people that think America is great are Americans..while the world would agree my country rocks..

Seriously man,

This isn't grade school you know

You sound like you just got home from a playground argument with a third grader.

I really do not have any info to offer you because everything you have mentioned is coming straight from someone who is seriously brainwashed by their own countries propaganda.

But what do I know, I am just an American.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Sad thing is, arrogant people like that don't even know their own country's laws, then have the gall to talk about US laws. Canada is a lot like the US in gun laws

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join