It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Control means hitting your target.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Of COURSE....if Gun Laws are not enforced...and in particular...allowing the transport of weapons over State Boarders or living in a community that is so FEARFUL of anything and everything to do with Weapons that they do not allow GUN SAFETY PROGRAMS such as the one I attended...which was a multiple week course...TO EXIST...CRIMINALS WILL BE ABLE TO EASILY OBTAIN GUNS AS WELL AS ACCIDENTAL DEATHS OF KIDS WHO BECAUSE THEIR PARENTS ARE FREEKIN' IDIOTS NOT TO WANT THEIR CHILD TO KNOW THE DANGERS INHERENT TO A FIREARM!

Where I live...just about EVERYONE HAS A GUN and Children are taught the right way to handle...OR NOT HANDLE...a GUN. We have almost ZERO VIOLENT CRIME! This is a statistic which is true in every community that has these programs as well as is HEAVILY ARMED!

LEGALLY ARMED CITIZENS = LESS CRIME AND LESS VIOLENT DEATHS.

PROPERLY POLICE WEAPONS TRAINING FOR CHILDREN = LESS ACCIDENTAL SHOOTINGS AND ACCIDENTAL DEATHS OF CHILDREN.

YOU CANNOT DISPUTE OR DEBATE THESE REALITIES! BECAUSE....THEY ARE REALITY!

Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by SpearMint

LEGALLY ARMED CITIZENS = LESS CRIME AND LESS VIOLENT DEATHS.

PROPERLY POLICE WEAPONS TRAINING FOR CHILDREN = LESS ACCIDENTAL SHOOTINGS AND ACCIDENTAL DEATHS OF CHILDREN.

YOU CANNOT DISPUTE OR DEBATE THESE REALITIES! BECAUSE....THEY ARE REALITY!

Split Infinity

Who do you think you are posting truth in here!?!

Starred

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

LOL! HA! THANKS! SAD THING ABOUT IT....it is very true but some people have become so intractable in their concepts of DENIAL OF ANY PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR OWN ACTIONS...they blame anyone or anything else besides their own DUMB ASSES!

I saw a Daily Comic Strip called...PEARLS BEFORE SWINE...and in this strip one of the cartoon characters...RAT say's he has come up and written a PERFECT 100% ABSOLUTE FOOLPROOF SELF HELP BOOK THAT HE GUARANTEES IF A PERSON FOLLOWS WHAT IS WRITTEN....WILL MAKE THAT PERSON LOOSE WEIGHT.

Another Cartoon Character...PIG...asks if he can see the BOOK. Rat say's...OK and hands him ONE PIECE OF PAPER! PIG looks at what is written and it says on the one piece of paper....EAT LESS! LOL!

What makes me SICK is the same generation that was dropping acid and FREE LOVE and spitting on troops coming home from Nam...is the SAME PEOPLE WHO forced laws for a KID to have to wear a HELMET to ride a Bicycle...REVERSE CAR SEATS FOR 5 YEAR OLDS....BLAME SOCIETY FOR A RAPIST MURDERER...INVENTED VENTURE CAPITALISM...FORCED WEARING OF SEAT BELTS...BRING A LAW SUIT AGAINST A BURGER JOINT....GET DODGE BALL BANNED FROM GYM CLASS....ELIMINATE ALL HIGH ADVENTURE FROM BOY SCOUTING...ETC.

They have turned this country into a...It's not MY FAULT I weigh 1200 LBS even though I have no medical condition. And the DODGE BALL THING KILLS ME! When I was a KID...for a VERY SHORT TIME...I WAS CHUBBY. Having a Military Dad...this did not last long as well as having a "CIVILIAN" Mom who was RUTHLESS when it came to cleaning my own cloths at the age of 5. We owned a few stores and my Dad had to be a Medical Officer, a Dad, a Husband, A Son and Son-in-Law, a Business Owner and all the while my Mom was the "CIVILIAN" Secretary for a GENERAL who ran a Local Massive SAC BASE where she helped run two COVERT WARS as this bases B-52's changed their Nuke Payloads to Conventional as we bombed the HELL out of Laos and Cambodia and NIXON went on TV and LIED HIS ASS OFF! NEVER ONCE DID I COMPLAIN as my Dad and I picked up a Soldier coming home in a downpour and he had a large duffel bag and wore his uniform and He told us...we were the ONLY ONES WHO STOPPED TO PICK HIM UP! He walked in the Downpour for 10 miles before we picked him up and even though he was sopping wet...I could see his eyes water up as my Dad asked why he had no ride and he told us that several times...HIPPIES would stop ahead...make him run toward their car or van and then they would SPEED OFF YELLING BABY KILLER AND OTHER HORRIBLE THINGS! My Dad brought him right to the front door of his 75 year old MOTHERS HOME as she was his only living parent and he had no siblings as well as did not want her attempting to pick him up from the train station in that weather. THIS is ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS THAT I DO WHAT I SOMETIMES DO...EVEN THOUGH I Played in a Signed Band...it was perfect in conjunction for JOB NUMBER 3 an the other job of the three...helping my parents run a few stores turned into helping run several successful Companies. So I NEVER TAKE ANYTHING FOR GRANTED...as I am Wealthy by Hard Work and Giving Back to this Great Country is a No Brainer...PLUS...THEY CORNERED ME...because of Family and made me an offer I couldn't refuse! LOL!
Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

So you own guns to stop a tyrannical Presidency? That has gone well since 9/11 hasn't it.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Don't you own guns?.. oh yeah, you can't.

Like I stated in the OP, You worry about your country, I'll worry about mine.
edit on 21-7-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
The problem isn't the Gun, but the violent society that glamourizes weapons and glorifies violence and bombards it's citizens with violent images.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

They are spending their Gun Money on some Big Party for a Monarchs MULTI-BILLIONAIRES DIAMOND JUBILEE!

If the Queen REALLY WANTED TO GET GOOD PRESS...She could invite all of Europe's Poor and Homeless and FEED THEM at the party!

I don't know what makes me more disgusted...the fact that the Queen is so disconnected to the plight of the average person...especially as former Soviet States Immigrant Population has traveled to the U.K. after being KICKED OUT OF FRANCE....or the fact that...THIS SEEMS AS SOME SOURCE OF PRIDE FOR MUCH OF ENGLAND!

This is sort of like collecting money for Donald Trump to get a Hair Cut! LOL! Except...even TRUMPS HAIR LOOKS BETTER!

I know a few people who live in my town who moved to the U.S. from the U.K. who very shortly will be American Citizens and are eager to VOTE in the Presidential Election...who ABSOLUTELY HATE the whole concept that many people in the U.K. are having a hard time and all sorts of PUBLIC MONEY is being spent to throw a MASSIVE ELITIST PARTY that they could not go to except to watch the Queen arrive on a Parade Route...as one of if not THE RICHEST WOMEN IN THE WORLD...gets a FREE PARTY...just because she has been in POWER for 60 YEARS!

EVEN BILL GATES...as HE IS RICHER...DONATES BILLIONS TO CHARITIES. What has the Queen Donated?
Not am Americans CUP OF TEA! LOL! We HATE KINGS AND QUEENS just by concept! Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Maybe...but we have the Freedom of Choice to either watch it or play it or not! I have seen Severe Violence during Protests in G.B. as Anarchists destroy property and Beat the Hell out of British Bobbies!

Our Cops would never allow that to happen. Plus...even though my Families Companies are Large now and we have security...years ago...we were Small Time and if an ANARCHIST broke into MY STORE BACK THEN....with a Molotov Cocktail in his hands...MY DAD WOULD HAVE SHOT HIM DEAD! And he would be within his rights to do so.

THIS is why you do not see too many Massive Riots in the U.S....we have them but...they are few and usually non-violent in comparison....WHY? BECAUSE WE ARE ALL ARMED! Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Im certainly not denying Britain is a violent country. Murders are at their lowest in recorded history, but that does not stop the violence you will witness on any weekend on the streets of great Britain. They can resemble a war zone.

The thing is in America unlike other countries that have gun rights is that it seems to be all or nothing. In Switzerland they are armed, but you cant just walk into a shop and buy a high powered assault rifle without any checks. They just seem to have a more responsible attitude towards owning guns.

Anyway I'm gonna bow out of these gun debates. It's none of my business how you guys run your country.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by SplitInfinity

The thing is in America unlike other countries that have gun rights is that it seems to be all or nothing. In Switzerland they are armed, but you cant just walk into a shop and buy a high powered assault rifle without any checks.

Well you do have to get a NICS Check. I don't want you to think you just walk into a store, pull out cash and leave with an AR15.

The National Instant Criminal Background Check System, or NICS, is all about saving lives and protecting people from harm—by not letting guns and explosives fall into the wrong hands. It also ensures the timely transfer of firearms to eligible gun buyers.

Mandated by the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act of 1993 and launched by the FBI on November 30, 1998, NICS is used by Federal Firearms Licensees (FFLs) to instantly determine whether a prospective buyer is eligible to buy firearms or explosives. Before ringing up the sale, cashiers call in a check to the FBI or to other designated agencies to ensure that each customer does not have a criminal record or isn’t otherwise ineligible to make a purchase. More than 100 million such checks have been made in the last decade, leading to more than 700,000 denials.

NICS is located at the FBI’s Criminal Justice Information Services Division in Clarksburg, West Virginia. It provides full service to FFLs in 30 states, five U.S. territories, and the District of Columbia. Upon completion of the required Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) Form 4473, FFLs contact the NICS Section via a toll-free telephone number or electronically on the Internet through the NICS E-Check System to request a background check with the descriptive information provided on the ATF Form 4473. NICS is customarily available 17 hours a day, seven days a week, including holidays (except for Christmas).

edit on 21-7-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

Your countries the best? Everyone in america may think so but the rest of the world is laughing at you, seriously i was having a discussion with my friends about it just yesterday.
Normal people don't NEED GUNS we just don't. What does that tell you about your own country if you feel you need to be armed with a deadly weapon at all times?
You people sicken me, guns are for cowards anyway

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Gun control should mean to give guns ONLY to responsible, trained, stable etc. people.

We would not have (that many) mass murders and psycho killers if there was strong control WHO actually can get a gun.

If you think it's "right" that anyone can buy a gun in walmart, even the biggest nut-jobs and psychos, there must be something wrong with you.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Why won't all of the anti gun leftys look at the stats and stop judging by your misguided "feelings". In my wretched state of Maryland, we have some of the most a$$ backward gun laws in the country. We even have a ban on hi cap magazines. The city of Baltimore has pretty much banned guns outright. Is it working? Hell no, we have almost as many gun crimes as new York and California, who also have strict laws. Gun crimes vs strictness of gun laws are inversely proportional. They tried the whole ballistic fingerprint database but even that failed miserably and solved no crimes. I guess everyone comitting crimes fails to walk through all the red tape to purchase a gun legally.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
Gun control should mean to give guns ONLY to responsible, trained, stable etc. people.

We would not have (that many) mass murders and psycho killers if there was strong control WHO actually can get a gun.

If you think it's "right" that anyone can buy a gun in walmart, even the biggest nut-jobs and psychos, there must be something wrong with you.

I bought a shotgun through walmart. I still had to fill out paperwork and get the ok from the FBI before they would hand it over. Don't believe everything Michael Moore says

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
You don't need a gun to protect yourself. You don't need to kill to protect yourself.
No, this is not right enough.

You don't always need a gun to protect yourself when you are the stronger, or have the ability to calm people down by a mere glance.

If you do not have either capacity, you need to protect yourself. For perspective, my father, if he had been carrying a gun when he worked in a convenience store while in college? Wouldn't have been cut across the belly and up the back, narrowly missing major veins or puncturing a lung--and this was by a box-cutter--it only takes that short a blade, at the right angle, to make the cut deadly. Mind you , my father survived, and collapsed the dude's orbital socket, due to being a 250 lb linebacker, but no amount of tough saved him from being cut up. It was sheer luck as to where the blade landed that I am damned lucky to have a father growing up.

Arrogance my backside.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The issue is not guns. It is the programming that sometimes makes the hardware go bad. How many times has more damage been done without a gun ever being fired (7.7, 9.11, daily on the strip, etc) The 4th branch of the government (media) will of course use this to take away more rights from Americans. The only solution is rebuilding family, community, responsibility and redefining values that resonate across both genders, all ideologies, economic castes, etc; Divided we wallow.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
The problem isn't the Gun, but the violent society that glamourizes weapons and glorifies violence and bombards it's citizens with violent images.

I think you hit it 100% dead on! Guns are old, glamorizing and making heros of people who misuse them is new. Videos, games music and culture...all combined. It's never glorified violence like it does now. Guns are just the tool most reached for. Take them away from the reach of criminals and knives seem to work well in other nations....or clubs or whatever.

Guns don't make a killer. A killer simply chose a gun.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

You dont know what freedom is you are brainwashed.
In my country we have the freedom to go about our daily lives without feeling the need to carry a deadly weapon for protection, we dont need protection, you dont need protection.
Americas paranoid in general.
I think its sick you feel the need to defend your utterly senseless, ridiculous gun laws after a terrible tragedy like this.
Its classic american ignorance, you never say "ah okay maybe we have been a bit slack", its just "f**** off its none of your business".
GROW UP AMERICA thats what the rest of the world think of you.
Thoughts out to the victims and families involved, as for you, sit back think about it for a bit and grow a heart

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

Actually, we have breathalyzers for that. Should we install scanners in guns to detect unusual amounts of known psychoactive chemicals and high pulses?

Face it: guns are dangerous. Why do we need guns? Because we enjoy the feeling of knowing that we have the power of life and death. We're afraid of being hurt or dying, and we want to know that we can inflict death faster than any assailant.

All we need are tasers. Have you seen a man try to fire a gun with 2,000 volts running through his groin? It's not easy.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Wongbeedman

Don't worry. Some people like being able to inflict death. They don't care how many lives are last as a result of their "gun rights". "Gun rights" means "I'm allowed to own a weapon of destruction despite the fact that there's a dozen other people who are incapable of being responsible with a firearm, yet own one."

For the sake of the public, we must sometimes forsake our own rights. There will always be people who refuse to own a gun. How are they to defend themselves when someone who LIKES guns comes along and puts a bullet in their head? Are you really so selfish that you can't find a better way to defend yourself? Lives are at stake here! Lives are lost every day because of guns!

If you can't solve a problem without a gun, you don't need one.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join