It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Control means hitting your target.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Back to the wall, yep me too. Here I don't gotta worry about being stabbed or shot, but I have been suckerpunched before for not paying attention. Out of towner city folks coming in for summer jobs, hear I am from NY, and seem to want to take me down to prove their manlyhood or some nonesense. I made the mistake once of totally letting my guard down, won't happen again

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

Originally posted by SpearMint
Arrogant right from the very first paragraph.

You don't need a gun to protect yourself. You don't need to kill to protect yourself.

In the very rare case that you need to defend your life against someone else, there are many other options, you NEVER need a firearm, maybe there's an exception in some cases when they have a gun, but then banning guns would make it a lot harder for that to happen.

Why would any other country to ignorant by default? How arrogant is that statement... any other country is quite capable of common sense, in fact many would say more capable.

You are a failure of your school system & your reading comprehension needs work. I believe I said "Ignorant in that subject" I'm typing my reply to you on my keyboard, but I couldn't tell you how to build one because "I'm ignorant in that subject" ya know building keybords...not my thing. Just like American's culture on Firearms and the laws that govern them seems to be hard to understand for people in other countries, because A
they dont live here, so it's a cultural misunderstanding and B
They probably don't study our laws or .2a (Not that I would expect them to) SO Would it be reasonable for me to say that they would be "Ignorant" in the subject of the 2nd Amendment and it's application?

The rest of your statement is pretty much BS and opinion. "You don't need to kill to defend yourself?!?" It's a simple thing, it's called use of force. If you're drunk and in a bar & pick a fight with me, I'll defend myself but won't hurt you, it's unfair to you because you're not in your right mind and I'd feel bad about beating up a drunk guy.

If you kick down my door at 3am and you have a weapon and move towards me, you will die there.
edit on 21-7-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

Having the power to kill someone with a firearm is not in the same category as making keyboards, it comes down to common sense and moral values.

edit on 21-7-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Arrogant right from the very first paragraph.

You don't need a gun to protect yourself. You don't need to kill to protect yourself.

In the very rare case that you need to defend your life against someone else, there are many other options, you NEVER need a firearm, maybe there's an exception in some cases when they have a gun, but then banning guns would make it a lot harder for that to happen.

Why would any other country to ignorant by default? How arrogant is that statement... any other country is quite capable of common sense, in fact many would say more capable.

People still get their hands on drugs. Guns will all ways exist make them illegal and a underground market will explode, especially in America.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

If someone is really intent on doing you harm, it will get done. I don't think your corpse will care which tool killed it. I'm all for debate, we've established that you're scared of guns, I simply want to know why? What scares you?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

How can you argue with this? Guns increase homicide.

guns don't do anything, for they are inaniment objects.

people however do increase homicide.
edit on 21-7-2012 by bjax9er because: edit

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Also, OP, your examples are rubbish. All of them are related to government forces or some kind of dictatorship killing people. If these people had guns, it would make things worse. Sure they would be able to defend themselves a bit more, but there's no way they could win, it would have just delayed their death and possibly anger the forces in to doing worse things.

your ignorance to the fact that government if given the chance to do such a thing, could easily take it...

it's happened in the past is what he's saying...and remaining ignorant to the fact that it could happen again is just unreasonably stupid...

how would it make things worse if you're being rounded up to die? I'm not sure how much worse off it can get...

are you just trying to say what's the point of protecting yourself and your family from tyranny? What a joke...

Delaying your death and angering the forces that be? are you f'ing kidding me?

So your awesome advice is to just roll over and die? gotcha...
edit on 21-7-2012 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

If someone is really intent on doing you harm, it will get done. I don't think your corpse will care which tool killed it. I'm all for debate, we've established that you're scared of guns, I simply want to know why? What scares you?

When have I said I'm scared of guns? I think guns increase homicides, and they do. Please read my post on the 1st page about this.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile

Also, OP, your examples are rubbish. All of them are related to government forces or some kind of dictatorship killing people. If these people had guns, it would make things worse. Sure they would be able to defend themselves a bit more, but there's no way they could win, it would have just delayed their death and possibly anger the forces in to doing worse things.

your ignorance to the fact that government if given the chance to do such a thing, could easily take it...

it's happened in the past is what he's saying...and remaining ignorant to the fact that it could happen again is just unreasonably stupid...

What are you talking about? Re-read what I said, what does that have to do with anything?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

guns don't do anything, for they are inanimate objects.

people however do, kill people
edit on 21-7-2012 by bjax9er because: spelling

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er

guns don't do anything, for they are inaniment objects.

people however do increase homicide.

Yeah, people with guns. As shown in these statistics and explained in my previous post.

The whole "guns don't kill people, people do" argument is stupid, guns give people the power to kill people, or rather they make is much, much easier to.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

If your gun control worked, australia would be 0.0
It's all really worthless though. The areas that have the most guns, have the least violent crimes in the US and Canada. The areas that have high crimes are large cities, where there is high gun control. I would suspect that is the case for australia too. If guns were the problem, it would be the opposite, country would have huge murder rates, considering how many guns there are per house. My house alone has damn near 30 guns. Not a single one of them guns been used in crime. My neighborhood has at least 1000 guns. Not a single gun related death outside of suicide.
edit on Sat, 21 Jul 2012 00:52:29 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

No one said it was the same. Taking Human life is taking human life, doesn't matter if I use a Firearm, a knife or my hands. If it's Legally Justified and in your heart of hearts you did the right thing and can live with yourself, there you go. If it's Illegal, the justice system deals with you. If It's legal, but immoral or against your value system. Then that's something you'd have to work out within.If you were Morally right but the justice system finds you guilty, that's another thing you should consider when using deadly force as an option.
As far as "Common Sense & Moral Values" I like to consider myself a rather virtuous person.

I don't know why I'd be labeled "Lacking in common sense and in poor moral standing" because I carry a firearm, I think that's quite a leap in logic.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

did the gun grow a finger, and pull it's own trigger?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

If your gun control worked, australia would be 0.0
It's all really worthless though. The areas that have the most guns, have the least violent crimes in the US and Canada. The areas that have high crimes are large cities, where there is high gun control. I would suspect that is the case for australia too. If guns were the problem, it would be the opposite, country would have huge murder rates, considering how many guns there are per house. My house alone has damn near 30 guns. Not a single one of them guns been used in crime.

No. Please think through what you're saying. All it has to be is lower to show it works, and it's MUCH lower.

The statistics are fair, they're shown per 100k people taking in to account all homicides in all areas.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

When have I said I'm scared of guns? I think guns increase homicides, and they do. Please read my post on the 1st page about this.

You didn't say you were scarred of guns, but the context of your posts told me. It's called reading between the lines. I'd like to find out why you're so against firearms. I'd also like you to explain to me in plain english why you think firearms increase crime. I want you to think for yourself and present your position, stats are fine, but they should be used to support your position, not make your entire argument. I could post stats as well. 100% of the firearm owners I know have not used their firearm to commit a crime. In the end the numbers become meaningless. You seem to be focused on the tool to commit the crime, and not the criminal itself.
edit on 21-7-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er

did the gun grow a finger, and pull the trigger?

No, the person with a gun pulled the trigger. Like I just said, guns give the ability to kill, of course the person is responsible, but the gun is tool enabling them to do so.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

You didn't say you were scarred of guns, but the context of your posts told me. It's called reading between the lines. I'd like to find out why you're so against firearms.

Well you're wrong. I've said multiple times now, guns increase homicide, there's your answer. It seems you're ignoring the statistics I brought up in hope of a logical debate and instead trying to make yourself superior on a personal level. I'm not scared of guns, guns are made with the sole purpose of killing and that's what they do. It's clear that they increase homicide.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

You didn't say you were scarred of guns, but the context of your posts told me. It's called reading between the lines. I'd like to find out why you're so against firearms.

Well you're wrong. I've said multiple times now, guns increase homicide, there's your answer. It seems you're ignoring the statistics I brought up in hope of a logical debate and instead trying to make yourself superior on a personal level. I'm not scared of guns, guns are made with the sole purpose of killing and that's what they do. It's clear that they increase homicide.

I'll make it simple for you, Explain how MY firearms increase crime.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

No, social factors dictate homicide rates. Surely you can understand this?
edit on 21/7/12 by Darce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

guns are made with the sole purpose of killing and that's what they do.

Oh, so you have no idea what you are talking about. Okay.
edit on 21/7/12 by Darce because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join