It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun laws in the USA,,,

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
responsible law abiding citizens should carry at all times just for this very reason. Children should take gun safety classes in school so when they grow up they have the skills to defend themselves, their property, their neighbor, and their country if need be. One lady was feet from this whack job and looked him in the face only feet from this guy. Imagine if she had a .44 mag in her purse, only a few would have been hurt, and not the numbers we are seeing now. People need to grow up and realize the answer is not less guns, but more in the right hands. Also think about the tax money savings from jail, trial, life in prison etc. Had the good citizens of Aurora only carried that night they could have defended themselves. Its time to take your country back!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by EqualizerUK
reply to post by schuyler

There are plenty of hunting rifles that are very powerful....why have a gun that can fill a target with 30 rds in five seconds??
What animal needs that can of stopping?

E
Tyrants

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Believe it or not, the gun laws are fine....its the enforcement laws that need revamping. That and there is way too much money lost in making guns illegal. Did anyone stop to think about the corporate angle?

No, all you hear is gun and think oh gun bad, no gun, bubba chewy chewy chomp.

Love the knee jerk from the community, its better than watching a village get destroyed by a volcano....because they lived on the volcano.

Guns aren't the problem people....idiots who think they are the reason people die is. A noun needs an adjective to be effective....get the hint?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

That is why I use a higher powered weapon. A .45, a .44 or a .357

Good point. I omitted those cals bcuz in my experience most folks carry 9 or 40 as highest for comfortability and concealability.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

In wake of the deaths in the cinema complex in Colorado, what do people think of the gun law in the US?

I personally think that the gun law needs updating, i don't think civilians need to own massively high powered assault rifles.
Guns should be free to buy/own/care everywhere but there has to be some kind of cap on the amount and type people can have!

RIP the people that died!

E

Firearms are highly restricted in the UK but does that stop people from killing? No, now they use knives

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by roaland

Maybe if they were in a different environment a CC person may have helped but 100% not in this case!

Like i said you don't get trained for that on a CC lesson/lessons im guessing!

E

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EqualizerUK

I think that the fact the 2nd amendment is in the Bill of Rights and is not able to be altered makes this argument moot. Small Arms Treaties and globalists are the ones that want America disarmed. This would be the biggest tragedy to hit the world.

Gun Laws don't need to be tightened, changed, or created. Psychological evaluations and proper training needs to be more prominent. The fact of the matter is that regardless of whether guns are legal or not in America it will not stop the people who want them from getting them.

I own a few firearms, all legally, but if I wanted another I know 3 people off the top of my head I could contact and get untraceable guns. I'd rather stay legal but come a time that guns are no longer legal to own, I'll become a criminal so that I can retain the right to protect myself and my family.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Then join the army fella.....

E

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

reply to post by roaland

Maybe if they were in a different environment a CC person may have helped but 100% not in this case!

Like i said you don't get trained for that on a CC lesson/lessons im guessing!

E

So your saying if you were in that theater last night with your family and kids and this exact situation happened and you had a split second to bend time and space to choice whether or not you had a gun on you or not you would say you would rather be defenseless and have no gun? No offense, thats your right as an American, but its my Right to Defend myself when my life is in danger and i choice to Defend myself and those around me when something like this happens.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by HellstormRising

I agree any law that is that old needs looking and and bringing upto date!

E

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

E

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

You don't have to be in the military to take down tyrants. Usually the military works for the tyrants.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

E
The tyrants control the army.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by roaland

That wasn't the question though ...the CC lessons don't show you how to deal with what happen in thats cinema.

If i had a gun and he was aiming at me yeah sure i'd fire back....but am i making the situation better doing that ~??? not i don't think i am.

E

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

reply to post by HellstormRising

I agree any law that is that old needs looking and and bringing upto date!

E

just because something is old doesn't always mean it needs to be brought up to date. The reason why our fore fathers gave us the right to bear arms is so we could stand up against a oppressive government.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
"The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

In wake of the deaths in the cinema complex in Colorado, what do people think of the gun law in the US?

I personally think that the gun law needs updating, i don't think civilians need to own massively high powered assault rifles.
Guns should be free to buy/own/care everywhere but there has to be some kind of cap on the amount and type people can have!

RIP the people that died!

E

Care to explain to me why extensive gun laws are going to stop mass-murder? Someone willing to commit an act of mass-murder will not let gun laws stop him.

Norway is more regulated than the US, and somehow it had one of the most horrific mass-shootings in the history of the modern world. I wonder how that happened?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

E

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

You don't have to be in the military to take down tyrants. Usually the military works for the tyrants.

Couldn't of said it better myself! Look at the American Revolution, how many farmers and dockworkers and how many other types of normal everyday Americans fought the biggest and best army of the that time? Did they wait for the cops to show up when the British tried to take away their powder supplies or did they act in defending their goods themselves?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

E
The tyrants control the army.

lol care to elaborate?

E

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BABYBULL24
"The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

When was that written?

E

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

reply to post by roaland

That wasn't the question though ...the CC lessons don't show you how to deal with what happen in thats cinema.

If i had a gun and he was aiming at me yeah sure i'd fire back....but am i making the situation better doing that ~??? not i don't think i am.

E

Yes you would be making the situation better because you could have saved lives by taking him down. As soon as he started shooting I would have shot him through the head. I wouldn't have waited for him to turn his weapon on me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join