It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun laws in the USA,,,

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by EqualizerUK
reply to post by roaland

That wasn't the question though ...the CC lessons don't show you how to deal with what happen in thats cinema.

If i had a gun and he was aiming at me yeah sure i'd fire back....but am i making the situation better doing that ~??? not i don't think i am.

E

If thats the best you got then I"m done responding to you because obviously you haven't thought about what I or others of like mind have been saying in this thread then.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by roaland

reply to post by roaland

That wasn't the question though ...the CC lessons don't show you how to deal with what happen in thats cinema.

If i had a gun and he was aiming at me yeah sure i'd fire back....but am i making the situation better doing that ~??? not i don't think i am.

E

If thats the best you got then I"m done responding to you because obviously you haven't thought about what I or others of like mind have been saying in this thread then.

I don't know what the problem with my answer is??...

E

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Nah I'll take my chances. Thanks though.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

reply to post by roaland

E

Yes you would be making the situation better because you could have saved lives by taking him down. As soon as he started shooting I would have shot him through the head. I wouldn't have waited for him to turn his weapon on me.

Someone said he was armed to the teeth and covered in body armor.....what could a CC person do??

E

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

reply to post by schuyler

There are plenty of hunting rifles that are very powerful....why have a gun that can fill a target with 30 rds in five seconds??
What animal needs that can of stopping?

E

The second ammendment has NOTHING to do with hunting, or stopping crime...it's there to keep our right grabbing government at bay, and to defend the nation against any "army" that moves against US citizens(be it foreign, or domestic).

You apparently have no idea on what the concepts on which the USA is founded...here's a quickie. Guns are here to defend our lives, and our rights. The rights of the common man trump any "laws" that the oh so "trustworthy" government try to shove down our throat...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shark_Feeder

There are plenty of hunting rifles that are very powerful....why have a gun that can fill a target with 30 rds in five seconds??

E

The second ammendment has NOTHING to do with hunting, or stopping crime...it's there to keep our right grabbing government at bay, and to defend the nation against any "army" that moves against US citizens(be it foreign, or domestic).

You apparently have no idea on what the concepts on which the USA is founded...here's a quickie. Guns are here to defend our lives, and our rights. The rights of the common man trump any "laws" that the oh so "trustworthy" government try to shove down our throat...

When were those laws written?

E

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

To kill a intelligent human being with a similar rifle. Its not like banning guns will get rid of all guns. They will all ways exist and if they some how magically disappear a newer weapon will replace it. If you "ban" them then a LARGE underground market will emerge, gangs will control the market thus leading to more deaths. It will give gangs more money=power and more influence over larger area's, giving them a advantage over the compliant population.

The only reason you are suggesting this is because the recent shooting. But the truth is 1,000's are murdered in this country every day. The ONLY reason its on the news is because it was in public. I agree that guns can lead to more murders. If we had swards you might think twice before starting a fighting. Like I said before they exist and will all ways exist, to take a right from your self would mean giving a advantage to your enemy.
Do you know who your enemy's are?

Your name is the equalizer, did you make this avatar to equalize the opinions on Ats
edit on 20-7-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

reply to post by roaland

E

Yes you would be making the situation better because you could have saved lives by taking him down. As soon as he started shooting I would have shot him through the head. I wouldn't have waited for him to turn his weapon on me.

Someone said he was armed to the teeth and covered in body armor.....what could a CC person do??

E

You ever been hit with a bullet with body armor on? It takes your breath away at best and even a low caliber bullet would be enough to distract him and his shots enough for him to miss when he pulled the trigger. Having body armor on doesn't mean it doesn't still hurt.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by EqualizerUK

Hmm.. Yes, I actually heard from a reliable source that the suspect was a very normal person. One day he wanted to own a gun, so he bought one. Then the gun made him buy more guns and ammo, told him to buy some body armor and began hatching plans with the other guns. The guns then dragged the suspect most unwillingly to a movie theater where the guns forced the suspect to murder a dozen people and would 60 more. Then the suspect got arrested and the guns had a good laugh.

I suppose that's what you think happened. Damn guns. Making good honest people do bad things.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Its pretty doubtful that there were many people in that theater carrying a weapon, since most midnight openings, in the middle of a work week, are comprised of teens.
Regardless, right to carry states dont guaranty that something like this cant happen, "Example" the gabby shooting in Arizona.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

The police were horrified When we arrived, our knives were examined by Sergeant Ian Lewis, who was horrified. He didn't like the flick knives or the special pen known as a 'disguised knife', but it was the plastic dagger- classed as a 'stealth knife' - that really shocked him as it would pass unnoticed by metal detectors. Sergeant Lewis made it clear that we'd be committing an offence if we left with these knives, so we were happy to surrender them to be destroyed. In his expert opinion they we all offensive weapons, illegal to sell or import into the UK. Police response to knife crime Leading the national police response to knife crime is deputy assistant commissioner Alf Hitchcock, of the Association of Chief Police Officers. He told us in this case, eBay is undermining police efforts. "I find it quite shocking that a retailer and a responsible retailer at that would be selling offensive weapons. Any company selling knives such as these should clean up their act, get a grip and need to stamp it out immediately. It's immoral to allow such weapons to get onto the streets of Britain and they do have a responsibility."

Link

Knives in the UK?? The horror!! They use those knives to assault, murder, and rob people with. Good thing that the UK has banned knives. Everyone is safe yay!! Oh wait..

Not really link

You know if I wanted to I could actually kill you with a spoon, a fork, a garden hose. Now that I think on it I can pretty much kill you with any physical object, Should we ban absolutely everything? People kill people, guns are only tools used to accomplish this awful crime.

The male penis is used to rape women. I hereby declare that all male members be banned and removed from their respective owners. Because we all know that the penis is the main cause of rape.

on the UK dictating to the US on gun policy.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by roaland

reply to post by roaland

E

E

You ever been hit with a bullet with body armor on? It takes your breath away at best and even a low caliber bullet would be enough to distract him and his shots enough for him to miss when he pulled the trigger. Having body armor on doesn't mean it doesn't still hurt.

LOL so now we have gone from stopping him dead to ...hurting him abit....ok lets say i shoot him and give him a "boo boo"....he walks over to me and my kids and shoots us ....CUS WE HAVE NO ARMOR!

I think maybe you think this is a movie or something where you would be a hero taking out the bad guy ! its real life ....you would be running for the door as fast as me ....!

E

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

In wake of the deaths in the cinema complex in Colorado, what do people think of the gun law in the US?

I personally think that the gun law needs updating, i don't think civilians need to own massively high powered assault rifles.
Guns should be free to buy/own/care everywhere but there has to be some kind of cap on the amount and type people can have!

RIP the people that died!

E

First of all since you're in the UK why don't you concentrate just a little more on ways to effectively stop the mass stabbings that take place in your country. It really pisses me off when you Brit's want to start putting in your 2 cents about how messed up our gun laws are.

The ban on guns in britian has done nothing to quell the amount of violent crimes in your country yet you seem to think you have all the answers when it comes to our laws. So I guess in the wake of alk the stabbings in the UK us Americans should start telling your country to ban all knives.When you become an American citizen then talk about our laws, until then go have your tea time and chant hail to the queen.

Secondly, guns don't kill people, people kill people......period! A gun, whether it is an 1860 Colt Navy revolver or a Sig Sauer 517 Patrol Rifle is an inanimate object that can do nothing but sit there until someone takes control of it and has no way to kill anyone.

Banning guns of any kind is not the answer, the solution to the problem is to stop the culture of violence that has taken over our nation. Ban guns and people will resort to stabbing people or any number of ways to kill someone. I personally own over 30 guns, from antique cap and ball muskets and revolvers to full auto M4's and AK's and several sniper rifles including an M24 Marine Corps and an L96A2 that was my service rifle. Being an FFL dealer with a class 3 tax certificate I can also own and manufacture destructive devices such as Claymore's and high explosives, of which I own several and I have never killed anyone except in combat and hope I never have to again but if forced to I would without hesitation.

Now if suddenly my guns were made illegal and taken away and I wanted to kill someone I would have a multitude of options available to do so, some would be just as efficient and ash and some would require more effort but they would all get the job done. I could use a bow and arrow, a speargun, a compressed air potatoes gun, run them over with a car, a knife, a baseball bat, a golf club, an axe, a pitchfork, a shovel, a hockey stick, my dumbbells bar, stab them in the jugular with a pen or pencil, a broken bottle, make a bomb with diesel fuel and nitrate fertalizer, boil chlorine bleach down and add potassium to make a potassium chlorate bomb, strangle them with a telephone cord or piece of rope,or just use my bare hands.

My point is that no matter what is available to a person if they want to kill someone they will. People have been killing people since we were either in the Garden of Eden or nomadic cavemen living in caves and using stone and antler tools, it will not stop but for you to be so hypocritical and naive to think that banning or restricting guns will do anything to stop it is just ignorant.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

it is kinda like a cat, you declaw it an it just starts biting instead.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

E

E

Those laws where written when the American People kicked your armies ass all over the continent.
edit on 20-7-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity

To kill a intelligent human being with a similar rifle. Its not like banning guns will get rid of all guns. They will all ways exist and if they some how magically disappear a newer weapon will replace it. If you "ban" them then a LARGE underground market will emerge, gangs will control the market thus leading to more deaths. It will give gangs more money=power and more influence over larger area's, giving them a advantage over the compliant population.

The only reason you are suggesting this is because the recent shooting. But the truth is 1,000's are murdered in this country every day. The ONLY reason its on the news is because it was in public. I agree that guns can lead to more murders. If we had swards you might think twice before starting a fighting. Like I said before they exist and will all ways exist, to take a right from your self would mean giving a advantage to your enemy.
Do you know who your enemy's are?

Your name is the equalizer, did you make this avatar to equalize the opinions on Ats
edit on 20-7-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

No i didn't use that name to "equalize" anything....it was the name of one of my favorite tv shows back in the day....its just a name.

E

link   
The way i see it is that there's so many guns available in the U.S. that the cat's well and truly out of the bag. Would be very hard for the government to gain control of the gun situation and crazy people who were seeking a gun would still be able to find one. It would take at least a generation to gather up all the guns and ammo to get to the same level of gun ownership as the UK. It's a really difficult situation.

Unlike the majority of UK citizens i actually have experience of owning a firearm, somewhat illegally - it's ok i got busted so i can talk about it. It does empower someone to a ridiculous degree and in my own experience as a foolish child (13) it was lucky no-one got shot. It's far too easy to reach for your gun in a threatening situations rather than either run or try and talk your way out of that situation. When guns are readily available they're always going to end up in the hand of people who don't understand the consequences of opening fire or dangerous indivduals who don't care about the consequences.

To sum up I'm all for gun controls but i can't see it happening in the US any time soon. In the UK we had about 500 murders last year involving all types of weapons, not bad really for a country of 60 million.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb

quote]Originally posted by EqualizerUK

E

E

Those laws where written when the American People kicked your armies ass all over the continent.

Well over a hundred years ago then yeah??
they need bringing up to date!

E

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Written into the founding document of our nation... do a little reading.
Do some research on what it takes to alter that document also...

But it's been so long....who needs to defend thier nation, rights, or life right? Screw the laws that make us the USA, right? Oh wait, it was the 2nd ammendment that kept the Japanese empire from invading while our military was busy saving Europe's collective behinds in WW2, not so long ago...
(more research for you to start on)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

E

E

Your kidding right? A law? Its the second amendment the right to bear arms.
Hes just pointing out the obvious intentions of the law. Our founding fathers fought off England with weapons they owned, not a Government.

And thats not the point.....

The point is that you think its ok to take away YOUR right and every one elses because every decade a public shooting happens. If we wear tough how to use guns more people would carry them and slaughters like this could not happen. Lets see some one try to shoot up a movie theater in the hood.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join