It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A call to all you bright minds out there - can you solve this dilemma? :)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I know most of you have heard about unconditional love.

It means that we must be able to love it all. All people, all situations, all emotions, thats right, love all of existence, love good and bad, love fear and courage, love love and hate, love sadness and joy, love the killer and the victim, love the victim and the aggressor, love what we did good and what we did bad... Why? Because we are all one, we are everything, every person, every situation, every emotion. All is existence, and we are all one.

But if we are suppose to do this how do we make choices? Why free-will then?
If its all good, then we dont need to choose anything, we can be choiseless zombies, wondering around.

Do i eat chocolate or a fruit? Do i go to the cinema or do i stay home? Do i leave my job or do i stick with it? Do i write a thread or stay quiet? Do i treat people right, or can be i be a selfish prick? Do i yell or stay calm? Do i go ahead with vengeance or do i forgive and forget?

Choices? It doesnt matter, i love it all, all is loved, all is worthy of love, so choices don't mean anything...

This is the dilema, what do you make of it?

I will answer too but not right now.

I think we all struggle(d) with this concept but off course there must be an answer to this.

Thanks for your attention.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Yeah man with you on that one, although some minds do not have the capacity I believe to love all, their minds have been led astray by evil, perhaps this goes back to the idea of the garden of eden, we are surrounded by temptation, however I see good and evil on earth, when i leave my house, and if someone was to start a conversation with me, that i had never met, i could comfortably spill my heart to them, and see it as nothing really as it is just a wondering human, as am i in this big world,

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Live your life the best. One can not always do things right, but try as best we can.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Love is a silly trick your brain is playing on you, and doesn't actually exist.

I don't love, I respect.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

So you dont love your mother? you only respect her?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SomeRawInfo

But is there a dilemma? How do you solve it?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkullAndBeats235
reply to post by DaTroof

So you dont love your mother? you only respect her?

Precisely. Love does not exist and cannot be proven.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
The answer is...There is no such thing as unconditional love with the human species IMO. There are lines everyone can cross that can make a person withdraw their love. It takes a lot more for some and a lot less for others. I think we love the idea of unconditional love and we romanticize it in a way. It is something we want so badly that we have taught ourselves to believe this is something we can achieve, something we deserve, something others deserve, and something that separates us from the animals. I believe we want to love others unconditionally, but I believe we are not capable of it. This is just MHO though when I play armchair psychiatrist.
I have no scientific evidence to back it up.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

If you have not noticed all the things such as feelings of "hatred, love, Soul Pain, Death, sadness, happines" are not tangible. These are the real things of life that around it is the illusion.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Trolling around are you? Love does not exist? That is so obviously untrue that we don't even need to discuss that.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I don't think so. I believe in unconditional love, i believe it can be practiced. But we have to first solve this dilemma.
Because its the need to make choices, the need to see what is better or worst, what is right and what is not right that makes us believe that it is not possible. But it do think it is.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manula
reply to post by DaTroof

Trolling around are you? Love does not exist? That is so obviously untrue that we don't even need to discuss that.

OK, prove love exists.

You can't.

Desire can be proven, respect can be proven... love can not.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Love is liking a lot and wishing well, love is a feeling, a great feeling, maybe the best feeling... Everyone have felt it, so it doesn't need any proof.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Oh man you are bugging now! Then not stop believing in love or anything else that you can not see or can not touch me .. should not matter.
Prove that it doesnt exist.
edit on 20-7-2012 by SkullAndBeats235 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
How do we solve this dilemma.
I only have one answer, and i am not sure it is good enough.

Although we love all of existence, including all situations, all people, all emotions, all actions, all words, etc, we have to be truthful to what we want, so we should do what we want, what we want is our guide, our headlight, our way.

There is a path to walk and although we can love all we see and feel in the way, we still have to choose.

Our choices are not because there is better or worst, but because there is this inner wanting, we want, we have will, and we have to choose, all is worthy of love but we still have to choose.

To choose is not dependent of judgement, it is dependent of our inner will.

Is this good enough? I don't know.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Don't try to answer this dilemma with words and rationalizing of the ego-self but with altered states of mystical consciousness that take you out of the ego-self and remake it and then put you back as a transformed incarnation of the solution.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Less of the nonsense, let's put love in literal terms so we can all understand. To me:

Love will make you do things that would not be logical otherwise. Love makes you feel things that you have no reason to feel and love makes you think things that you have no reason to think. The only possible reason for these is due to love itself.

It is because of this that I believe love exists, as a mixture of chemicals in your body and mind. In fact so real is love that many people have died of a broken heart.

edit on 20-7-2012 by wackers90 because: spelling mistake

edit on 20-7-2012 by wackers90 because: not a specific reply to anyone

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manula
reply to post by DaTroof

Actually Manula - the attachments to the word love do not exist anywhere else but your thoughts - love is actually not real - it's a word lol....DaTroof makes more sense than you think!
Love is not anything more than a word - unconditional love is nothing more than acceptance and acceptance of what is -- as opposed to what isn't.
Free will (as I look at it) was something we had before we came to earth for the experiences we signed up for! Ever hear of the saying - "if you knew that everything was exactly how it's supposed to be - would you worry?" - well that's the only thing I KNOW - is that everything is exactly how it's supposed to be.....therefore it's an illusion that we have choices - the only free will we have now that we are here on earth - is how we look or see something - we can focus on how it should be - or accept how it is....your choice!! the experience beyond duality (good/bad, right/wrong etc) is impossible to put into words as words have different attachments - but when you realize attachments are only thoughts, perceptions and how you look at it and not heavy or real...then comes the freedom!
I wrote something way back when I had one of my "aha" moments to try to explain beyond duality - take a look if you are interested! Take care and I enjoyed your post!! dualisticreview.blogspot.ca...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
If it's possible to have "uncomditional" love for all things....I'm not capable of it.......and some things I absolutely hate.......I understand the whole idea that perhaps there is some sort of "balance" that requires both good and evil........but there are too many "evil" things happening around us that I just could never find any "love" for them.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
"unconditional" love versus "love" is the answer to your question and the paradox.

As you say to love unconditionally means that as you see ALL THINGS as god, or "universe" and see that in yourself to, everything is equalised the same, "one taste" though in reality what is happening is the your perception is differant, and "labels" "Name&Form" are not the first things your experience does when seeing an event, situation, item manifest in front of you, or become aware of it....those still running from an Ego immediately compare, measure, seperate etc to create this duality both in terms of similair things to itself, and certainly as something seperate, differant and not part of ourselves.......there is no long bamboo, or short bamboo, there is an "Bamboo isness" that is the essence, however that is as well just part of the whole just energetically a little different, bamboo is clouds, and therfore sea, and ice, and blood et all, and blood will one day be bamboo to, we dont when we apprehend "out there" or even emotions "in here" take into account everything changes, is transitory and made up from other things, there is nothing in the universe that will always be and never change from being an Bamboo, there is the bamboo is ness but it moves, changes never settles is dependant and will cease when the sun explodes or before.

Hence the old zen riddles "Big Stick, Little Stick?"

The differentiation of "this" "that" and "duality" means that "Ignorance" of the real nature of things.

So nothing is really as we make and see it to be "solid" seperate real in how we build our experience of it.

Now when this illusion, veil, ignorance to the true nature of things goes, is overcome, unconditional love arises so that the mental emotional and perceptual experience of this type of enlightenment, means everything has "one taste" an experience of Love, but not wanting, needing "grasping" or pushing away, avoiding in the mind to its settled and calm.

"Love" though wonderful is when we for example love our partners, or an type of pet and not another animal, we can love our pets to bits,be prepared to die for them then eat another animal an hour later...its is love but dependent on the illusion that that person thing is better, nicer than other things even of the same type, and also we grasp it love turns to hate if the object of our love does not give us the things that made us love them in the first place. we behave and act and feel that the thing we love "out there" can make us feel good in here, our happiness is dependent on that thing we have falsely made very seperate from all other things and ourselves, and grasp it.

IT is best exemplified by JC even his experience on the cross the pain the beating first, as he died he was more concerned about those who had done this to him, as the repercussions, he never said an prayer for his family, for the church, for him, for the disciples but for those who did it to him "forgive them father for they do not know what they do (ignorance!)" unconditional love in its purest form in action, the mind heart never wavered even under such external pressures...

So as I know an wonderful teaching from an Rinpoche Buddhist master on this...and to explain it better and in an shorter way than I ever could....

The dilema is like this take your hand and open your palm and have it facing upwards flat, put an marble or ball bearing in the middle....that represents people, things, events, now with your hand open you can roll the marble, ball bearing around its free you can feel it enjoy it, have the experience that is the thing event person in your life, now close your palm over it in an fist, this is how most people experience "love" that is what we do with our minds and emotions we "grasp" it and for it...the secret in life to be happy and how we could really practise unconditional love is to be found in the above.

Get yourself to an high love vibration and calm mind meditate watch your mind and use your modality that works for you and is good/positive.

Get it to be at least 50% of your daily experience...than start not before or you will be burned, people will use you:-) high love pouring out calm mind of mindfullness, or waking awareness mediation, watching breath whilst working, saying mantra in mind whatever....

Then as people events and things come into your life treat them like the marble become aware and relax let go when you start to close the fist and grasp....you will then give them unconditional love and it will get stronger as you practice more, you will respect them more allow them the gift of "free will" if an person alluded to (its your free will to love properly or not to lol) and become aware when you start to become so dependent on "it" "Them" whatever to make you happy (the grasping mind/hand) and will take away the main cause of all our sadness suffering, violence, crime etc in life.

Unconditional love 101

Love

Elf

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join