It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A call to all you bright minds out there - can you solve this dilemma? :)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
As you said its love all, but love all does not imply to live with all, or work at the same job forever or receive abuse in the name of love. It is appreciate that there are multiple forms, love them as they are.Love holds on to no thing!

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
There was an incident where someone used a hateful racist term towards me and I didn't react. I didn't hate. I just carried on my way. After thinking deeply about the incident, I felt pity for the person and figured that somewhere in that persons life they encountered the precise set of circumstances that allowed them to internalize racist feelings and express that racism towards others.

My unconditional love for them is sincerely wanting them to be free of such dangerous idealogies and reckless manifestations of hate so that they could lead a "better" life. In my opinion, love is moretangible than just an emotion or a complicated chemical reaction.
edit on 7/24/2012 by balanc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The answer is easy, if you believe that Unconditional Love is the key to all things, you learn how to love all, and then through your action, you let them arise from your Love, and your choices, you pick them from your awareness of love for all things (so no harmful actions). If both are OK, then pick the one you'd LOVE the most, or if it all feels the same, just choose any.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Do as thou wilt, that is the whole of the law.
Love under law. -Crowley

Which is essentially Ra's First and Second Distortion (Love and Free Will, respectively.)

Love can only arise in the presence of Free Will.

A self-serving entity may take all the the thought space/time it needs in order to choose acceptance over control, unity over separation (or, from their perspective, to find that they contain all that their is).

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
The true self, IS free. I believe that free-will, as perceived by the ordinary conscience, is a hallucination.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by blargg

Oh man i love those Crowley rules

I understand that to do what we really want is a duty to our soul and to god, because gods will is our souls will, and our souls will is our will, so yeah, to pay attention to our will, and then be faithful to it, is indeed very important.

But its love under will isn't it?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
There is no dilemma here at all. You're pretty much asking if I love everything equally as much, why choose between them? Let me give you an example:

1) Life or Death?

2) Chess or Blackjack?

3) Cook food or order it?

4) Read Jiddu Krishnamurti or Cosmopolitan Magazine?

The first option in all of these choices reflects a path which promotes growth at the level of experience,knowledge, wisdom...spiritual evolution, if you will. You develop yourself, and have opportunities to do as such. The second choices represent a more mainstream mindset, conformed thought, and quite obviously limited growth potential. You could love both options equally because you understand that there is a benefit each choice offers to people of various levels of self-consciousness, but one offers an individual opportunities for growth when they've reached a certain level self fulfillment, and the other does not, and it's your responsibility to identify which ones they are in all avenues of life, if developing yourself is a goal, as opposed to simply accepting the idea that you should love all because everything is connected, etc etc...
edit on 15-8-2012 by Ewok_Boba because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2012 by Ewok_Boba because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

your ree to chose to love or to hate.

But one is the wrong answer

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I have often asked people of different religions and faiths,, if god is love

why is it NOT Unconditional Love? because he/she has some rules for getting that love
(too many for me in many instances)

I believe in aiming for unconditional love

but right now,, am having a hard time of it,,

I hate my crazy government of lies and abuse of power,,, how can I unconditionally love that?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

GOD is LOVE.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

In the grand scheme of things, it does not matter which you choose.

For a positive life, make positive decisions. Don't fret over past bad decisions, learn from them...

Progress, yes?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Originally posted by Manula
reply to post by DaTroof

Trolling around are you? Love does not exist? That is so obviously untrue that we don't even need to discuss that.

OK, prove love exists.

You can't.

Desire can be proven, respect can be proven... love can not.

lol

Desire and respect are also non-physical things. Nothing more than thoughts. So prove that THOSE exist.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manula
reply to post by DaTroof

Love is liking a lot and wishing well, love is a feeling, a great feeling, maybe the best feeling... Everyone have felt it, so it doesn't need any proof.

Love isn't just a feeling, it's an act of the will, a free choice, whereby love is the will, to give of one's self, for the sake of another's spiritual growth and well being. It's an action. Unmanifested, from one towards another, it's nothing. It needs to be made known where wisdom is proven right by her deeds.

Love is all that is reasonable, even unreasonably reasonable. What is unloving is everything that is unreasonable and absurd.

To prove love, all one needs to do is to show the fruits of what is unloving, and what has arisen from an abject failure in love.

Love is the very reason for all existence, where everything that was made was made by the father for the son, apart from which there is nothing.

It's the glue of a Civilized society, love is, whereby we are all one family.

To say that there's no such thing as love is, psycho, if not just plain stupidity. No love is a deathful way of being, and whoever argues against it, is either very dumb, or very hollow and in dire need of love.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen23
I have often asked people of different religions and faiths,, if god is love

why is it NOT Unconditional Love? because he/she has some rules for getting that love
(too many for me in many instances)

You haven't yet come to fully undertand and fully "grok" the meaning of the Great Work of Jesus Christ, which is unconditionally loving and all-inclusive, and non-coersive.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I don't know about uncondicional love. It seems impossible to have Love for everything.

I can understand that people can be controled to do horrible things, angry, violent etc. Their spirit is not like that, so I won't blame that person for all eternity. They are not born evil..there is reason for everything, people don't become serial killers over night. They too suffered if they are able to hurt others. But I don't know..I understand them, but I sure won't invite someone like that for dinner.

If there's a way to heal them, good. We can forget everything and move on, what is the point in not forgiving someone..I mean, I'd be glad that everyone is okay, then we could just move on and live in peace.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I also hate insects. All of them. When I see them, I can't find anything in me that would stop me from killing them.
Feels bad when I kill a mosquito on purpose knowing that I killed a being..it's not his fault it's that annoying.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I'm late, it made me think of this:

Love for Enemies

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Matthew 5; 43 -48

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Originally posted by SkullAndBeats235
reply to post by DaTroof

So you dont love your mother? you only respect her?

Precisely. Love does not exist and cannot be proven.

No human emotional state can be proven but this does not change the fact that it may exist!
If you can sense it with any of the senses it is there!
Though that's not to say that this state is easily recognized or even achieved!
I believe there are those that are more prone to emotional responses!
I also believe that the relm of emotions is tied into the spiritual aspect of humanity!
Like everything else the spirit can be more evolved and maybe even older!
I believe this is an external state as well!
I think anything is only probable or improbable and to think otherwise is arrogant and illogical especially something where very little can be proven or shown!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join