It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 88
188
<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
It's mention that maybe psychiatric drugs may have also contribute, but the MSM fails to look in to it. www.naturalnews.com...




posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ManiShuck
 


I was thinking more like a silent alarm that would be monitored prior to and during a movie that would alert cinema staff that people are trying to sneak in. Although, I would imagine that cinemas don't make a whole lot of money and can't afford to have someone watching for a little red light to illuminate.

I'm sure there are some hungry lawyers out there right now looking for any reason to file civil suits against the theater.



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Here's the aurora police update page:
aurora police



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack
 


A picture might give more insight, especially seeing as he was dressed as the Joker and colored his hair red. Eyes often tell a lot.



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yurimaster
It's mention that maybe psychiatric drugs may have also contribute, but the MSM fails to look in to it. www.naturalnews.com...


Because it has not been reported that he has been on anything of the sort yet. If they find that he has been, that will be known all over the place. Your linked article only speculates that it could have been a side effect, but that they dont even know if he takes them.



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I seen the shooters dad getting on a plane earlier to fly to Colorado. They tried to interview him, he just put his head down and was occasionally shaking his head. He looked so sad. I wonder if this shooter had any friends. Haven't heard a word from any recent friends?? Has anyone else??



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyswatter

Originally posted by Yurimaster
It's mention that maybe psychiatric drugs may have also contribute, but the MSM fails to look in to it. www.naturalnews.com...


Because it has not been reported that he has been on anything of the sort yet. If they find that he has been, that will be known all over the place. Your linked article only speculates that it could have been a side effect, but that they dont even know if he takes them.


neuroscience student / guardian report



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Reply to post by j.r.c.b.
 


This is something that CC laws could help reduce


 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I've been following this story for awhile and came across this report from TMZ saying one of the d-bag shooters old college roommates says he used to play guitar hero for hours with him.

This seems very strange as debates have been waged in favor of players of violent video games being perpetrators of violence, yet this is apparently not the case here.

link to full story



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyswatter

Originally posted by nighthawk1954

Originally posted by Troofseeker

Originally posted by g146541
Too bad, I guess none in the crowd had a means of defending themselves.
I wonder how the ccw laws are in this particular county.
Typical. An American reads a story about a mass shooting and the first thing he thinks about is bringing more guns to the party. Guns, guns, guns, yeehaw. What a sick society.

Yep your right to degree...But I posted how my buddy son was to go to that event...he did not go for lack of a baby sitter... the flip of the coin is he is 12 ranger and he would have gone there packing...right to carry...he feels bad that if he was there with his gun he might have been able to take the SOB out....That's why I have a permit..it has saved my life two times.


This guy would have had a right to carry, by all means. But the premises indicated no firearms allowed. People need to be reminded that regardless of right to carry, open carry, concealed, or whatever ... if someone takes a firearm to a place like this, they are themselves in violation of the law. And worse yet, if they draw down on someone and fire, regardless of reason, they will no longer be able to legally carry a firearm for the rest of their lives.


We've already covered this. No they aren't in violation of the law unless the law says "if you violate a company's no gun policy you are committing a crime". Research shows that is not the case in Colorado. You only would have been violating the theatre's policy, not law.



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT

Originally posted by flyswatter

Originally posted by Yurimaster
It's mention that maybe psychiatric drugs may have also contribute, but the MSM fails to look in to it. www.naturalnews.com...


Because it has not been reported that he has been on anything of the sort yet. If they find that he has been, that will be known all over the place. Your linked article only speculates that it could have been a side effect, but that they dont even know if he takes them.


neuroscience student / guardian report


Sure, he's a neuroscience student. Doesnt mean that he took anything for depression or other related illnesses. Your link speculated about it because he fits the typical profile of a young, white, disturbed male.

I have NO doubt that if it is found that he takes anything of the sort, be it right or wrong, media outlets will be all over it.



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

Originally posted by Hadrian
reply to post by intrptr
 


It is not his current mug shot. Police indicated they were not prepared to release that as of yet.


Has it been released yet?

If not, does anyone else think that's weird? We saw Loughners pretty quick.

Would a pic reveal it to be obvious that he is drugged, out of control or rather under some sort of control?



He does not look normal. It's as creepy as Loughners mugshot.



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
report comments from person that said they knew the suspect

usnews.msnbc.msn.com... school?lite


Holmes attended Westview High School in San Diego, graduating in 2006, the Poway Unified School District confirmed.

A woman who said she knew him in high school told NBC News that Holmes was a good person, but oddly always rooted for the villains in superhero movies.

"He was a nice guy. Who very much wanted to be liked and wanted," the woman said. "He was a very, very smart guy. I honestly can not believe he could do this. I know, I know, everyone says that. But it is truly devastating to me.

"He did not have many friends for someone who wanted to be liked," she said. "He loved all the villains in superhero stuff, which I did point out as odd. Most people enjoy the hero!"




posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere
 


Why is it unfortunate? According to you it can be funny if seen in the right light and context.
The truth is you don't know what you're talking about. You are cold, desensitized and you seriously need to wake up. I don't blame you entirely for it. Some things are funny, and some things can never be funny no matter what. To make a joke out of murder, rape, someone being hurt, it only shows how sick you are in the head. There's plenty out there like you and you all need to repent. This never would of happened years ago in this country. This country has turned its back on God and spits in God's face every day.

How stubborn will we be until we repent and return to God? Is the economy, the ecology not enough? What else must happen ? Sin is what's wrong with this country. The belief we're evolved animals which is a lie. We are not nor ever have been animals. If we were simply animals, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. There is a God and we'll all answer to God for our sin.
edit on 20-7-2012 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.
I seen the shooters dad getting on a plane earlier to fly to Colorado. They tried to interview him, he just put his head down and was occasionally shaking his head. He looked so sad. I wonder if this shooter had any friends. Haven't heard a word from any recent friends?? Has anyone else??


He had a beer with a neighborhood guy at a bar sometime around a week ago (can't remember the channel).

Also records show he had two roommates, though no real word on that from anywhere.



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Emergingtruth
 


That's not his mug shot
that's from his college ID

Mug shot hasn't been released yet...
he has a court date on monday.



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Just saw this posted on a updated CNN article:


"The very nature of theaters makes them perfect killing zones," said Howard.



So the FEAR tactics begin.....

Very soon Century Theatres will turn into post-9/11 Airport Security. The dude snuck in a AR-15, Double Barrel shotgun, gas canisters and two handguns.....and no one saw $%#&



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Originally posted by flyswatter

Originally posted by nighthawk1954

Originally posted by Troofseeker

Originally posted by g146541
Too bad, I guess none in the crowd had a means of defending themselves.
I wonder how the ccw laws are in this particular county.
Typical. An American reads a story about a mass shooting and the first thing he thinks about is bringing more guns to the party. Guns, guns, guns, yeehaw. What a sick society.

Yep your right to degree...But I posted how my buddy son was to go to that event...he did not go for lack of a baby sitter... the flip of the coin is he is 12 ranger and he would have gone there packing...right to carry...he feels bad that if he was there with his gun he might have been able to take the SOB out....That's why I have a permit..it has saved my life two times.


This guy would have had a right to carry, by all means. But the premises indicated no firearms allowed. People need to be reminded that regardless of right to carry, open carry, concealed, or whatever ... if someone takes a firearm to a place like this, they are themselves in violation of the law. And worse yet, if they draw down on someone and fire, regardless of reason, they will no longer be able to legally carry a firearm for the rest of their lives.


We've already covered this. No they aren't in violation of the law unless the law says "if you violate a company's no gun policy you are committing a crime". Research shows that is not the case in Colorado. You only would have been violating the theatre's policy, not law.


Ok, I'll concede that, you're right - it would really depend on the wording of the law and the wording of the company's rule about this.

Either way though, I'm still not so sure that having yet another gun firing in a mass of people would have been a good thing. I dont know, I'm just kind of torn on that aspect of it. The only things that I am sure about is that this guy is a nutcase, will never live another day outside of state or federal custody, and deserves to die a painful death in the electric chair.



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
reply to post by ManiShuck
 


I was thinking more like a silent alarm that would be monitored prior to and during a movie that would alert cinema staff that people are trying to sneak in. Although, I would imagine that cinemas don't make a whole lot of money and can't afford to have someone watching for a little red light to illuminate.

I'm sure there are some hungry lawyers out there right now looking for any reason to file civil suits against the theater.


My theatre has ushers working and we can't get out the exit doors. If we want to leave if the show sucks, we exit how we came in. The exit doors are opened after the show ends.



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter
 


Someone already posted the law in Co, it's legal except in federal buildings to carry, they could have a company policy against it, but all they can do is kick you out if caught.....not illegal.



new topics

top topics



 
188
<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

log in

join