It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by theirtruthlies0806

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat

Originally posted by DriCo04
So one of the victims, the girl that survived the shooting in Toronto tweeted this minutes before being murdered by the nut:

"“This empty, almost sickening feeling won’t go away,” she wrote. “I noticed this feeling when I was in the Eaton Center in Toronto just seconds before someone opened fire in the food court. An odd feeling which led me to go outside and unknowingly out of harm’s way. It’s hard for me to wrap my mind around how a weird feeling saved me from being in the middle of a deadly shooting.”

Read more: www.foxnews.com..."

Very odd.

Yes it's weird. As I wrote above, her brother seems strangely calm and is almost directing people in what to think about events!

She did not tweet this before she died. this was from a blog post she wrote just after the toronto incident. her last tweet was something about how the movie doesn't start for another 20 mins. Stop spreading false information.

I know that, stop being so literal. I never said what she wrote was recent, only that it's weird. A matter of opinion.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
He had the house rigged and when he left he left the music blaring!!

People went kicking and banging on the guys door.. the plan was to get
someone to kick the door in and the place explode.
He should of left the door unlocked..
edit on 20-7-2012 by sirnukeem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Yes, there are so many elements that can't be weighed out without being there. Bystanders and other innocents is a huge one. It is my biggest fear that in the event that I would ever have to use my own firearm, I run the possibility of injuring someone besides the attacker. It is with great responsibility that anyone carries a weapon, and of even greater caution when it is used. Who is to say that someone in that theater didn't have a gun on them.. But in a dark theater, full of teargas, screams, gunfire and confusion.. It would be extremely hard to pull a trigger with confidence that you would hit the attacker and only the attacker.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

you said she tweeted it "minutes before" she died. That not a matter of opinion.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by theirtruthlies0806

No dude I did not

someone else said that but it was in my quoted reply.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Of course I did. This militarization has been going on for years, even back to WW2. My whole point is is now it is out in the open and apparently completely fine and legal. Hey if the President can assassinate people why not anyone else?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Someone confirm what i just heard on Fox.

He had

1 ar-15
1 Remington 870
2 glock .40s

no mention of mag capacities but he had "buckets" of ammo he moved his car to the rear exit?

Anyone want to confirm?

All legally obtained.

Sorry did not read `1000 posts but there was mention of tear gas which is not legal to buy in most states?
edit on 20-7-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Good thinking! Didn't think of that. No doubt someone was illegally filming the movie.

PS: That quote you guys have was written after her escaping death by a hunch in Toronto. This wasn't from today/yesterday.

Also: neighbors say he left blaring techno music in his apt.
Maybe what he intended with that was that the landlord or even police would kick in the door and BOOM! All evidence incinerated.
*edit* I see someone beat me to it...same line of thinking

Well, I guess he wanted to remain 'mysterious' to the world...?
edit on 20-7-2012 by 08051962 because: (no reason given)

link   
Some info.on the killer I've gleamed from CNN.He was a graduate student at a Colorado university.He has a bachelors degree in neuro science!I.E.this guy is no simpleton.He was withdrawing from the graduate program he was in.The police are still trying to get into his 3rd floor apt.window as their pretty sure the door is rigged.My take is this person is bright enough to have planned and carried this out ALONE judging by his academic record.My prayers to the good people of Colorado and all affected by this act of insanity.
edit on 20-7-2012 by AgentX09 because: (no reason given)

link   
I wont be active in this thread for awhile as I'll be busy this evening, but just one last link for everyone looking for a rundown of the current facts. I have moved this from page 67 to here. I'll continue to move the facts page up as I run out of my edit window.

HERE IS WHAT WE KNOW SO FAR: (Please PM me with any sources or facts I have not included and I will add them)

SUSPECTS:
James Holmes suspected as lone gunman. Public records indicate that Holmes lived with two roommates at 1690 Paris St., Apt. 10. The roommates are also recorded as being from California.

SUSPECTS IN CUSTODY:
James Holmes

PROFESSION:
Neuro-Science B.S. and Recently Withdrawn Student from Univ. of Colorado

WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT JAMES HOLMES LEADING UP TO THE EVENT CAN BE FOUND HERE

RESIDENCE:
US citizen, Apartment in Colorado, nearby
1690 Paris St., Apt. 10

WEAPONRY:
AR-15 Semi Automatic Rifle
Remington 870 Shotgun
2 Glock .40 Handguns
Homemade device containing a form of Teargas or an OC
Gas Mask
Body Armor

VICTIMS:
59 Wounded
12 Dead - Three of the wounded in Critical condition.
71 Total
NO INFANTS WERE KILLED (One was taken to a hospital after exposure to the gas)

Among the wounded/victims were Two Air Force Reservists and Two Navy Service Members. A member here expressed concern about two members of Buckley Air Force Base not reporting this morning. These may be connected.

Jessica Ghawi - Recently survived another shooting in Toronto but was unfortunately shot and killed by James Holmes. More information on Jessica's story can be found
HERE

POLICE TRANSCRIPTS FOR THE FIRST 30 MINUTES OF RADIO COMM. CAN BE FOUND HERE

ORDER OF EVENTS (as we know):
James Holmes bought a ticket and passed through the gate and seated himself in the theater. He exited the theater via fire exit and supposedly propped the door open so it did not lock. (These Doors often have the alarms turned off or are not equipped with alarms in movie theaters because they are often used as exits for patrons after the movie is over.)

He went to his nearby vehicle where he armed himself and fitted himself with body armor and a gas mask. He re-entered the theater through the propped open door and used some form of tear gas or pepper spray. Once the audience was disoriented he opened fire with a reported semi-automatic rifle, a shotgun, and a pistol. Police were stationed nearby and were on the scene promptly. As he exited the theater to his car he was apprehended. He did not resist arrest. He disclosed to police that his apartment was also rigged with explosives. Bottles full of liquid could be seen through his apartment window and a song was on repeat on the stereo. An explosive device was also reportedly found in the theater but it was said that authorities do not know if it was planted there prior to the shooting or once it began. He was taken into custody where authorities said he has been quiet.

UNCONFIRMED OR FALSE STATEMENTS:
There are no confirmed reports of him dressed as the joker. Ray Kelly of the NYPD made this statement and it has yet to be confirmed. He is in New York.. Why would he know?

There are no confirmed reports of infants that were shot. Some or (one) were admitted as precaution from exposure to the tear gas.

There is no confirmed report that a second gunman was found dead.

There has been no confirmation that James Holmes was a member of OWS or Black Bloc.

There were early reports of two explosions but nothing else has been said.

Early Reports stated that Holmes was active on the 9gag website where members "egged" him on to commit the shootings in disbelief that he was serious. 9gag released a statement that denies any affiliation with the shooter. More information found HERE

PLEASE READ BELOW:
Can we all just be quiet and discuss the FACTS. I have seen so much repeated and people are arguing about semantics. If you want to discuss logistics and semantics and how you'd react in the situation.. Start a thread dedicated to that. Those things could apply to any situation.

We need the facts, and good constructive discussion. If you want to talk about gun control, make a thread regarding the relation of events like this to gun control. If you wanna talk about conspiracy and psy-ops and mk-ultra and what have you.. Do it, but do it in the proper area. I realize this is a forum for these discussions, but as of right now this thread is out of control. Have some respect for the victims and their families. Leave the speculation to an area specified for that purpose. We need the FACTS and updates!!

If you PM me with anything I missed in the facts, I will update this post with all compiled information.

This source provides backup for many of the statements above. What is displayed in this post is also a collective of confirmed facts compiled as a collective of information found on ATS and from other source.
edit on 20-7-2012 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2012 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 08051962
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Good thinking! Didn't think of that. No doubt someone was illegally filming the movie.

PS: That quote you guys have was written after her escaping death by a hunch in Toronto. This wasn't from today/yesterday.

Also: neighbors say he left blaring techno music in his apt.
Maybe what he intended with that was that the landlord or even police would kick in the door and BOOM! All evidence incinerated.
*edit* I see someone beat me to it...same line of thinking

Well, I guess he wanted to remain 'mysterious' to the world...?
edit on 20-7-2012 by 08051962 because: (no reason given)

Should of just left the door unlocked then

link   

Originally posted by Vilhelm
reply to post by Ben81

When you have a moment, check out ZiggyMojo's compilation of the facts on page 67. It's a great place to get all the info we have right now.

Thanks, I did. Appreciate that.

link   
ATTENTION: The topic of this thread is the tragedy that occurred in Aurora Colorado, NOT whether guns should be banned or not.

Please stay on topic or your posts will be removed.

Thanks

Springer...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Has there been any clarification on the gear he was wearing? I have heard different things. When the police chief gave his report, he said he had on a tactical vest. I have seen news reports reporting bullet proof vest.

A tactical vest has no protection, only the capability to hold extra magazines, clips, tools etc. A bullet proof vest is typically soft armor designed to stop smaller caliber handgun bullets.

There was no mention of plate armor or plate carriers that I have heard of so far.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

How is that possible? This happened at the midnight premeire first showing. I don't think they would have any numbers to say how it was doing, but I guarantee it is doing very well and was most likely sold out last night.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by WozaMeathed

I think its time that NATO & the UN comes and over throws your government,Since you Americans are killing more of each other with guns on a daliy bases that are being killed by governments in countries sush as Syria,ect.

In just a few months time, you will get as you desire. I am fascinated that you could speak so prophetically, with no idea about the truth of where we are in time...

btw, it was NATO forces in Denver doing DHS drills a few weeks ago NOT the Russians as was the reported news, and they were training for the implementation of martial law in the US by NATO forces (good friend in US Military police and was heading the drills at Ft. Carson with NATO)

5th trumpet.

God Bless,

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

The equipment a person has on has little to do with it.
If you have ever been around a gun wielding criminal, your adrenaline jumps.
If you have ever had a gun pointed at you it is worse.
If you have ever been hit, most think it may be fatal until they can assess the situation.
These are all fact.
I'm sure ATS has more than one vet, leo, gangster or just an unlucky person that can attest to this fact.
No matter how tough you are being around an idiot with a gun is scary.
This could have been used against the shooter.
If one person had hit this man anywhere it would have put some fear into him and possibly cut short his rampage.
The alternative is just to allow him to continue to shoot into the fish barrel.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DriCo04
So one of the victims, the girl that survived the shooting in Toronto tweeted this minutes before being murdered by the nut:

"“This empty, almost sickening feeling won’t go away,” she wrote. “I noticed this feeling when I was in the Eaton Center in Toronto just seconds before someone opened fire in the food court. An odd feeling which led me to go outside and unknowingly out of harm’s way. It’s hard for me to wrap my mind around how a weird feeling saved me from being in the middle of a deadly shooting.”

Read more: www.foxnews.com..."

Very odd.

No, I think she wrote that in her blog on the 5th of June - the feeling stayed with her.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Is it possible that this gunman is telling police that the apartment is rigged just as a distraction. Why would he tell them that? Like the post above, there is word that he shared the apartment with two other guys. is this the distraction for his boys to get away?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
i just got done listening to the interview with Jordan Ghawi and I thought it was strange that he rushed to go and give an interview instead of rushing to the hospital to see his sister.

i mean isn't that weird? instead he was waiting to hear from the police? i don't understand this logic at all..

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join