It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
People have to also consider that most if not all movie theaters have side exits. A lot of them are not alarmed, and lock only from the outside, making real easy for someone to let this person in. Intentionally or unintentionally.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManiShuck
Any info on the apartment situation? Flipping through HLN/MSNBC/FOX/CNN all I've seen the past few hours is some old footage and then about 10 minutes ago I saw a brief clip of what looked like firefighters putting a full black trashbag into a blue container (looked like a plastic tote for evidence).

Quite a few hours ago all the news places were saying they were sending in a robot, I would have expected a least an update as of now.

Last I heard in the press conference was that the apartment is still booby trapped and it could take hours, even days to resolve.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Did George Bush just walk in here?
Buy a new car, or the terrorists win! Buy some jewelry, or the terrorists win!

I'm not going to see a movie. I can't stand theaters. There's always some kids talking, and then some deep voiced knuckle dragger yells, "STFU!" and everyone giggles. Can't even watch a movie anymore!

Perhaps that was his motivation?
edit on 20-7-2012 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

someone must have a lucky rabbits foot

link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

I like your synopsis of the facts on page 67, even linked to it once, but this post is off. This event is in no way comparable to the Hollywood Bank shootout. Those guys were not even noticing high velocity sniper fire. They had flame-throwers keeping anyone from approaching them. They had to call in the National Guard to take them down! Since that event, the police forces now have paramilitary items like mini tanks, and 50 caliber guns. That event changed the face of the nation for the worse, and ushered in the era of military-style police tactics.

This Colorado thing is tragic, but this guy was obviously very afraid to die, and he was stopped easily once he encountered resistance. Its a shame he didn't encounter resistance much sooner.

link   
reply to post by flashtrum

i'm with you. EVERY BAD THING is not a conspiracy. this is tragic and to blame the government or NWO without looking at the REALITY of this is really just... well, it's weird.

link   
reply to post by flyswatter

Even I wont go there and Im a a**hole to begin with. Your right thats just utterly stupid to think that its staged. It didnt stop those from forming an agenda after the fact though....god I hate the news pigs in this country. Nothing more than information crack dealers.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Kastogere because: (no reason given)

link   
Why this film? Last time it was heath ledgers death and now this. People said that the joker role had an affect on heath and this guy possibly taking on one of the characters role... I would like to day there's no connection but it is bizarre.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MauiStacey

I'm not going to say that this is some type of mind-control thing going on.. However the brother's interview made me terribly uncomfortable, I would never do an interview like this while my sister is not pronounced dead yet, seems a little strange. I will say everyone deals with death differently so maybe it helped him, I don't know.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

Did George Bush just walk in here?
Buy a new car, or the terrorists win! Buy some jewelry, or the terrorists win!

I'm not going to see a movie. I can't stand theaters. There's always some kids talking, and then some deep voiced knuckle dragger yells, "STFU!" and everyone giggles. Can't even watch a movie anymore!

Perhaps that was his motivation?
edit on 20-7-2012 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

I was thinking it was going to sound that way!
Scared? Go SHOPPING!

But seriously, I people here in my office are talking about changing their plans for the weekend, and not going out now, because of this. It disgusts me. I refuse to be afraid, and I refuse to alter my lifestyle in the slightest, and I might even drag my 4 and 5 year old to the movie too.

link   
reply to post by HAARPwatcher

They could see bottles of liquid lined up in the apartment that could be rigged for an explosion. They also said music was playing and a song was on repeat. There is a link about "What we knew about Holmes" leading up to the event on my post on PAGE 67 where I am compiling data. If anyone sees anything new pm me and I'll add it to that post.

link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

i would just rather borrow the movie from a friend or watch it on his big screen. so maybe downloading movies or pirating them could save lives

SUPPORT PIRACY

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This seems to be getting more and more common. I think there is a subset of the population who cannot distinguish between fantasy and reality. These individuals have become so desensitized to violence, they can no longer tell the difference between violence in mass media and video games and carrying out actual violence in the real world. As this guy is allegedly a PHD student and hyper intelligent, its entirely possible he is not crazy in the conventional sense but just committed this act for some form of self gratification. Thats more frightening, that "sane" people could be contemplating things like this is horrendous. He should be thoroughly studied.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

get a concealed weapons permit and a nickel plated .45

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by HAARPwatcher

The shooter left the theater and propped the door on his way out so that he could get back in. No one let him in.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter

get a concealed weapons permit and a nickel plated .45

I've been carrying for 20+ years. I don't carry my .45 any more though, because I noticed I was leaving it at home, or in the glovebox sometimes because it was uncomfortably large. I realized it would be better to have a .380 on my person than a .45 out in the car, so I started carrying my .380 with Extreme Shock Ammo that gives it maximum takedown power. Never leave home without it.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Compared to Zimmerman case, this is not the same. Zimmerman case clearly points to the right to USE a weapon against a POSSIBLE threat, based on subjective judgement (which can easily be irresponsible), and that is very dubious and, IMO, a bad thing to allow. On the other hand, many owners of guns in America are not shooting at each other for fun or small time conflicts, because owning a weapon is not the same as using it, and it is clear that weapons are used mostly in criminal activities or some serious family disintegration trouble, and much less commonly in self defense.

This case is a premeditated act of violence, and we don't know yet the real motivation of the killer. This motivation may even be concealed from public for various reasons and it opens a wide field for speculation and conspiracy theories. But the fact is, it is very easy to get weapons to commit such a crime and those who stand for banning acquisition of assault rifles and shotguns will have a good argument.

link   
So they're saying this guy was heard saying that he was the Joker (during the shooting)
and he dyed his hair RED

I'm wondering about that one guy in the first row who walked out, on his cellphone, very shortly before Holmes came in through the same (fire exit) door?

link   

Originally posted by pasiphae
reply to post by flashtrum

i'm with you. EVERY BAD THING is not a conspiracy. this is tragic and to blame the government or NWO without looking at the REALITY of this is really just... well, it's weird.

What is the reality?

That conspiracies never happen?

I disagree. I think sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't.
And without knowing barely any facts at all, it's impossible to tell either way.

But hey you are entitled to believe in whatever you want, even if there is no real evidence either way.
Me? I'll stay open to various possibilities until the indisputable facts become more apparent.

link   

I have never understood why people would do that. Why alter your plans? We only have a big nasty shooting like that a few times a year. We won't be due for another one for a while. Right now is probably a safe time to go to a movie.

Just cooperate with the metal detectors and the cavity search.
Since we're doing that, can we make duct tape over the mouth another part of seeing a movie? I mean, since we're going to violate people's freedom and all.

If you put duct tape over someones mouth as a mandatory part of seeing a movie, could that be considered unconstitutional because of limiting speech?

Okay I'm going to stop. This isn't a funny situation.

new topics

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join