It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philly2012

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

When strictly playing with my AR- on a range and not trying for any accuracy, I could empty a magazine in seconds. No modifications necessary. It's just pulling the trigger as fast as the finger can move. In a theater full of people? it's a horrible scene to consider. It's even graduated for height, so aiming truly is a moot consideration for spraying wild rounds and still hitting someone with almost every one of them.

I agree. I had 30-rd magazines taped together, and I could "bump-fire" my AK from the hip and keep all the bullets within a pretty small spray area and empty a magazine in seconds. 60-rounds in about 20 seconds including flpping the magazines.

If this guy had a crowded theatre, with panicked people clumping at exits, and he had all those different guns, it is pretty amazing that only 71 were shot in the 2 minutes. I wonder how many the theatre even holds? Maybe he shot pretty much everyone that wasn't sitting right next to an exit?

I'm still baffled that he didn't just shoot the responding cops though? He had more bullet-proofing than they did, and he had more guns readily accessible than they did, and he was already guilty of murder, what's a few more bodies? Why didn't he just shoot the responding cops and leave the scene? Why did he mention the booby trapping? Did he intentionally get captured, and intentionally draw all this attention to his apartment? Is it misdirection? Insanity? Regret?

Probably the gunman was just out of his trance, Mk ultra programmed and he was non violent at that point.

Maybe enough Miss direction to get his helpers right off the scene

link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by theirtruthlies0806
Reports are coming in that movie theaters all around the country are calling in extra police presence this weekend.

HERE WE GO FOLKS!!

I never understood this tendency towards reaction.

Some nut shoots up a movie theater so people say things like "ill never to that theater" or "im not going to see that movie" and theaters do things like bring in extra cops.

What happened happened. It's not some trait of a particular place or a particular film or even a question of amount of police on scene because according to all reports that theater and the parking lot was already swarming with cops for crowd control.

I'll never understand this knee-jerk reactionary nonsense.

Its called welcome to the NAZI state, and how would you like groping or airport scans at every movie, restaurant, bus, stadium, zoo, hospital or school even...................????

Many of us see something very fascist creeping in.

link   

Originally posted by alienDNA

How many school shootings, mall shootings, theather shootings etc do you Americans need ???

Its freakin time for you guys to stop sell guns!!
You are the only country in the world who sells guns like this to virtually anyone, and youre the only country in the world with this madness.

Just sayin.

I agree but we need to look at what causes the madness, what factor is common amongst these incidents? I'd put my bets on Paxil or other similar meds.

link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

How many school shootings, mall shootings, theather shootings etc do you Americans need ???

You are the only country in the world who sells guns like this to virtually anyone, and youre the only country in the world with this madness.

Just sayin.

Oh yah never mind all the pics media has shown of kids in third world countries going around with guns and assault weapons. Where have you been the last few decades?

You're right, America is quite like a third world country when it comes to gun violence... well spotted.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

PROFESSION:
Neuro-Science B.S. and Recently Withdrawn Student from Univ. of Colorado

The MKultra Black Op consciousness experiments flag just rose higher. This puts him straight into their hands.

link   
9gag is denying that the post were ever on their site - says they are photo shopped.

mashable.com...

UPDATE: 9gag released a statement: “We did an immediate and thorough search of the site and found absolutely zero evidence that any of the alleged posts ever appeared on 9GAG. Any reports otherwise are completely untrue and we ask your help in putting this incredibly insensitive hoax to rest.”

As people search for more information online about the Colorado theater shooting, rumors spread on Twitter and other social network sites after two screenshots suggested that the suspect, 24 year-old James Holmes, was encouraged by users on imageboard site 9gag.

The rumors are false, and those images are most certainly photoshopped.

Curious.

But off course they would be in damage control, right?

link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Very well said Miuzzleflash

Regarding another aspect of this event,
Has it been determined what anti-depression/MSRI drugs this gunman was on yet?
edit on 20-7-2012 by
edit on 20-7-2012 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Originally posted by ManiShuck

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

The report didn't say which song, couldn't find any reports on it yet but it will probably surface soon. Will be interesting to know. Another report said

www.newser.com...

The tenant called 911 early this morning after hearing a song playing loudly and repeatedly at 12:30am in Holmes'

Maybe it was something sinister, I doubt if a neighbour would have called 911 if it was something bland.

It sounds like he was hoping neighbors would be concerned and either they would bust through the door or paramedics would bust through. I wonder if a computer or documents will be recovered detailing his plans.

Oh wow...that makes perfect sense. It really does and that is just truly sick.

How's this,
Man leaves stereo on expecting someone to break in to his place to help the "victim", then the apartment blows and all of the police respond to it.
Meanwhile, guy has his phone alarm set to go off about when he thinks police will be responding across town.
He then goes to equip and do the deed.
Booby trap does not work and he realizes he is caught and gives up.
I think this guy was going to try to get away with this crime.
I believe this guy is afraid of death.

link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

Actually, the US is approaching third world status in many areas, but forced child soldiers are not one of those areas.

link   
reply to post by xrevxoltx

Here is my take on the whole thing.

It sounds to me like the ATF or DHS or NSA or CIA may have had a hand in this and here is why.

July 27, 2012 is the day the United Nations puts forth the Treaty on Small Arms to 193 countries,
including the UsA. State Dept Document 7277 has been around since 1961 when JFK took it to
the UN on September 25, 1961 and proposed it.

Obama has the authority now from the US Congress in the ObamaCare bill to "Sign" the Treaty without Senate Approval.

What better way for Obama to garner support for the effort than to use a "hitman" on innocent civilians as an excuse to bring forth support for his signing of the Treaty. It makes perfect sense to attempt it, though it may
not be successful. Desperate Men do Desperate things in Desperate Times.

I believe this to be a rooze. I do not believe that it is a random occurance.

link   
Lets get real here, even if you were packing

a little pistol all you could do is duck cover

and take pot shots at the guy with all the gear. even a Kevlar helmet would of had to of been a direct face shot.

so lets get over this john wayne ida shot the guy yadda yadda crap.

The best thing all them people could of done was bum rush him
100 people he would of only gotten 2 or 3
edit on 20-7-2012 by sirnukeem because: (no reason given)

link   
Just in case it wasn't posted. Here are the transcripts of the first 30 minutes of radio communications by police:

news.blogs.cnn.com...

Just a few minutes into the situation they said that by the smell of things they believed the gas was OC (pepper spray).

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
ATTENTION!

The topic of this thread is Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere).

If anyone wishes to discuss the gun control implications of this situation, feel free to do so... in a thread devoted to the subject... not here.

Future posts regarding gun control will be deleted as Off Topic.

TheRedneck
ATS Forum Moderator

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This just goes to show that the civilised world needs to take action and confiscate the guns from the yanks. They are clearly incapable of advancing from the 18th-century, so it's up to the developed world to educate and correct these people.

link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

You are the only country in the world who sells guns like this to virtually anyone, and youre the only country in the world with this madness

This is a indication of a serious issue with the indvidual and humanity as a whole, not the freedoms Americans hold dear. The madness of mankind has increased dramatically in the past 30 years.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

Now expect a bunch of copycats looking for their 15min.

Then why is it so easy for bat**** crazy individuals to get fire arms? Keep your freedoms and keep your guns but run a background check and psychological profile on anyone wanting to buy one. And anyone having a gun with out the proper authorization should go to jail. And possessing an unregistered gun should set off alarm bells.

What's your solution to almost anyone that wants to commit mass murder....can with ease?
edit on 20-7-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by stirling

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
reply to post by CX

The comparison is not really there. Our limiting of gun ownership, quite clearly, prevents this almost monthly scale of killing. I guarantee you if the UK made the possession of handguns and assault weapons legal and widespread more people would be being murdered in the UK.

You should not hand these kinds of mass killing weapons over to potentially thousands of deranged people. Saying that I suppose the same could be said with our politicians and the military, the difference is we are not at the ends of those weapons.

As they say in your OLD country.BULLOCKS!
Why do you brits have to jump into every piece of news with our point of view?

Just saying, but he doesn't speak for everyone in Britain.

Not everyone over here thinks that way.

Without reading through the whole thread did anything come from the 9gag picture? Has anyone found out any more about it?
edit on 20-7-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Just sayin.

Oh yah never mind all the pics media has shown of kids in third world countries going around with guns and assault weapons. Where have you been the last few decades?

You're right, America is quite like a third world country when it comes to gun violence... well spotted.

Please see my further posting on child soldiers in places like Somalia, children being used as soldiers, and NO that doesn't happen here in America.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Approximately 225 people are shot every day in America
On average 80 of those die

The problem?
Not enough guns!

The solution?
More guns.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnukeem

Colorado theater shooting; Unbelievable, that nobody went after this guy while he was shooting... has America really got that bad, does everyone have blinders on, do you actually depend on safety prcedures & law enforcement to protect you in every way possible?

I don’t mean to be harsh, but I just find it hard to believe… shot at me, my family, friends, or community neighbors and you better hope you kill me on the spot, because I know I will be protecting what I love the most... and if anyone at that theater did give their life protecting others, my God bless you for your unselfishness.

I know this is a RANT...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
From the transcripts:

01:14:29 everybody get on this, it's an assault rifle, we got magazines down inside, everybody watch out for the assault rifle. 01:14:35

So he ran through multiple magazines.

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join