It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

The report didn't say which song, couldn't find any reports on it yet but it will probably surface soon. Will be interesting to know. Another report said

www.newser.com...

The tenant called 911 early this morning after hearing a song playing loudly and repeatedly at 12:30am in Holmes'

Maybe it was something sinister, I doubt if a neighbour would have called 911 if it was something bland.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
A pregnant lady and her husband were both shot and reported their nine year old missing.
This is so messed up.

www.youtube.com...#!

There's also a 7 year old girl missing unless this is the little girl and she's 9 years old instead of 7. I hope they find her.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

I Fear nothing as well.........

But i also want to stay in this world as long as i can to experience all there is, and enjoy my family in friends......

I carry so I can protect that.......

You can twist your ideology around as much as you want too, and claim your perceived "moral high ground"

It doesnt make it logical, or correct

link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
Why is the NYPD Commissioner making statements on this?

I don't see a conspiracy here, only a tragedy that I expect politicians and activist organizations to exploit to get legislation passesed to further erode and restrict freedom.

Dan Oates (Aurora Chief of Police) and Ray Kelly (NYPD Commissioner) worked together for some time and Oates said he made a call and spoke to someone at NYPD.

My guess it's a mix of him feeling more connected to the event because his colleague is Chief of Police of where the event happened as well as media just wanting to hear from him, or him feeling obliged to say something because he's -insert position here- of New York City.

link   
Please Refer to PAGE 67 OF THIS THREAD for a compilation of the FACTS that we have put together so far. If something is missing and you have a confirmed source I will add it to the post just send me a PM or reply to me. It should answer many of the questions being asked or repeated.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
It's a witness who said the exit door got kicked in, but it still could have been left propped open and he kicked it in for dramatic effect.

Apparently there is misinfo due to people pranking they are police calling media outlets, who aren't confirming their sources.

link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

The report didn't say which song, couldn't find any reports on it yet but it will probably surface soon. Will be interesting to know. Another report said

www.newser.com...

The tenant called 911 early this morning after hearing a song playing loudly and repeatedly at 12:30am in Holmes'

Maybe it was something sinister, I doubt if a neighbour would have called 911 if it was something bland.

Well if she heard it repeating she might of thought he died in there or something .. especially if she knocked and couldn't get an answer..

link   
reply to post by r2d246

This isn't the wild west anymore. And you aint in Kansas Dorathy!

Youre right, its not, there are more shootings now days and deaths attributed to it then there were back then, and guns are harder to carry then they were back then due to regulations.......

That should speak volumes........

link   
reply to post by miniatus

It prompted their police call....

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

www.newser.com...

It sounds like he was hoping neighbors would be concerned and either they would bust through the door or paramedics would bust through. I wonder if a computer or documents will be recovered detailing his plans.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Calming the citizens of his city? Anytime there is any hint of violence or terrorism, somebody from New York makes a statement to pre-empt any panic.

I can understand making calming remarks as it relates to his city, but he was making specific, and wrong, statements about the suspect and events as if he were involved in the investigation. To go around making such statements, especially whenwrong only let the media pick up and report such false news.

link   
Just though people here might like this re: how the media handles incidents like this.

edit on 20-7-2012 by MagnitudeZero because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by miniatus

It's possible, I think it might have significance though, like he wanted it as a message or something.

link   

link   

Originally posted by sirnukeem

how do you kick in a metal emergency door>?
edit on 20-7-2012 by sirnukeem because: (no reason given)
Yea, those doors open out not in.
I use to install those doors and you would need a small tank with ram rod like cops use to break down door.

Then again the girl usher's would let me in back in the day, no alarms went off either.

link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

When strictly playing with my AR- on a range and not trying for any accuracy, I could empty a magazine in seconds. No modifications necessary. It's just pulling the trigger as fast as the finger can move. In a theater full of people? it's a horrible scene to consider. It's even graduated for height, so aiming truly is a moot consideration for spraying wild rounds and still hitting someone with almost every one of them.

I agree. I had 30-rd magazines taped together, and I could "bump-fire" my AK from the hip and keep all the bullets within a pretty small spray area and empty a magazine in seconds. 60-rounds in about 20 seconds including flpping the magazines.

If this guy had a crowded theatre, with panicked people clumping at exits, and he had all those different guns, it is pretty amazing that only 71 were shot in the 2 minutes. I wonder how many the theatre even holds? Maybe he shot pretty much everyone that wasn't sitting right next to an exit?

I'm still baffled that he didn't just shoot the responding cops though? He had more bullet-proofing than they did, and he had more guns readily accessible than they did, and he was already guilty of murder, what's a few more bodies? Why didn't he just shoot the responding cops and leave the scene? Why did he mention the booby trapping? Did he intentionally get captured, and intentionally draw all this attention to his apartment? Is it misdirection? Insanity? Regret?

Probably the gunman was just out of his trance, Mk ultra programmed and he was non violent at that point.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by paratus

Yes, read this topic from the beginning. The original reports were that two bombs went off.

guardianlv.com...

I was watching CNN and 9News while this was unfolding, and they had an FBI agent talking about how he probably used common mace and a pipe bomb. Most injuries that were reported over the Fire Department and Police scanners were shrapnel from an explosion. They even brought in bomb sniffing dogs to check both the theater, the mall across the street, and the car. Then they got the tip about the bombs in his apartment. Yes, bombs were at play.

Do some searches you will find it, or read this topic from the beginning.

link   

How many school shootings, mall shootings, theather shootings etc do you Americans need ???

Its freakin time for you guys to stop sell guns!!
You are the only country in the world who sells guns like this to virtually anyone, and youre the only country in the world with this madness.

Just sayin.

link   

Originally posted by ManiShuck

www.newser.com...

It sounds like he was hoping neighbors would be concerned and either they would bust through the door or paramedics would bust through. I wonder if a computer or documents will be recovered detailing his plans.

Perhaps, but his apartment was booby trapped so that would give possible motive against neighbours.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

Originally posted by FreeFromTheHerd

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

GUNS are made to kill other human beings. A gun's sole purpose is to kill.

Cars are made to transport people. Unfortunatley they can sometimes be misused.

Wrong again, but spoken like a true peasant

A guns sole purpose is to fire a projectile. Where said projectile goes it determined entirely by its human operator.

I own many guns. If a guns purpose is to kill, are mine defective since none of my guns has never been used to kill anything?

How does it feel to have such a paralyzing fear of an inanimate object?

Perhaps you are the one who needs a mental health evaluation.
edit on 20-7-2012 by FreeFromTheHerd because: (no reason given)

spoken like a true peasant? really? on dear.

you can twist your belief of what a gun is whatever way you want.

the simple truth is that is for killing. plain and simple.

a gun is for killing.

open your eyes, open your heart, open your soul.

i am sorry to inform you that i fear nothing sir.

those that are scared and live in fear carry weapons.

That's silly. A gun is just a tool. Like any tool, good or evil is based on the intent and actions of the users.
I don't fear fire, I use it to cook food every day, but I have a fire extinguisher just in case.

Sure a gun can and is designed to kill, but sometimes killing or the potential to kill is necessary. If a rapist or murderer is trying to harm someone, then it is perfectly acceptable and moral for the victim to use said tool in self defense, even if it means killing the attacker.

top topics

<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join