It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will be boycotting Dark Knight Rises

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
** Spoiler Alert **

I will be boycotting Dark Knight Rises and here's why:

As the Dark Knight hits theaters, please read on for a sordid tale about life and business in Gotham and Washington, DC...

Hollywood is waging an ongoing war against the Internet by pushing bills like SOPA and encouraging the Department of Justice to shut down websites -- and even imprison people -- just for aggregating links to sites that the movie industry doesn't like. Hollywood spends millions of dollars trying to buy off politicians.

They've even repeatedly let Senator Patrick Leahy -- the sponsor of the Senate version of SOPA (called PIPA) and the chairman of the powerful Senate Judiciary Committee, which has jurisdiction over most bills that Hollywood cares about -- appear in their summer blockbusters. He's in the Dark Knight Rises, and was also in the last Batman movie.

This was a recent email I got from demandprogress.org. Apparantly Patrick Leahy, the senator who's helping Hollywood wage their war against the internet, was given a role in the film, as well as the last one.

So guess what Hollywood, since you're trying to buy my government by pimping out roles in your films, I won't be wasting my money on your crappy films, including Dark Knight Rises.

[SPOILER PART]
I don't need to see it anyway. I already know that Batman saves Gotham by pulling the bomb out to sea and sacrificing himself, and later it turns out he still survived, and that John Blake is Robin. (source) Hahaha you suck Hollywood
[END OF SPOILER PART]

edit on 20-7-2012 by SilentKoala because: Added source

edit on 20-7-2012 by Gemwolf because: Added spoiler alert per members request

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I wouldn't pay money to go see it anyway, so I guess it's a win/win scenario.
Sadly I don't think this will affect their ticket sales as most people either won't know...or just don't care. It's the same reason stuff like SOPA can continue to happen. Not enough people know or care.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I'll preface this by saying I have a 150mbps Internet connection, that should tell you my view of piracy...

And with that being said

If that's a genuine f-ing spoiler you just made my worst a-hole on ATS list.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Well regardless. Spoiler or not. I'll go see it in 3-D if available. Hey. I like large screens, loud THX sound and explosions

edit on 20-7-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

If that's a genuine f-ing spoiler you just made my worst a-hole on ATS list.

That is precisely what I was thinking, but I thought surely they didn't post the real spoiler without a warning.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
you can boycott all you want. im gonna go see a badass movie

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Ayerish

Oh how cute, a sock puppet!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OP I'm joining the chorus, if that was a spoiler seriously not cool.

Either way, Batman is a huge candy ass. I hate him, I hate Christian Bale, and I can't see this movie being very good.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Mayhap 'off topic'

I've failed to discover the motive of quote unquote "Directors" that take a Character or story already based, and alter it's course, Obviously it's monetary driven motive, though it continues to garner ill tempered emotions

one would believe that if one dislikes the Character and or story, either stray away from raping the populaces notes, or stay true to the story that has already been based,

the Batman Bane story was established within the Comic realm, to alters it's course to appease the "Fans" is unworthy of proper merit

link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

It would be d-baggery of the highest order...

I think Hollywood should remove its head out of its ass and get with th times, I try to avoid putting any money into watching the crap they put out.

But Hollywood should be rewarded when they actually produce something good...

And I suspect the dark night is one such movie.

I'll pay to watch something good, this movie looks like it will be so I'll pay to see it.

link   

Originally posted by daynight42
Or pay to enter the theater and record it (that'd be brave) and put it online.

Yeah except so many people do that anyway, and have gotten it down to a science, I don't think I could make better cams than are already out there. It's too bad they don't do dvd screeners anymore.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
You gave a source for the spoiler but do you have a source for this external quote?

Just curious is all

Originally posted by SilentKoala

As the Dark Knight hits theaters, please read on for a sordid tale about life and business in Gotham and Washington, DC...

Hollywood is waging an ongoing war against the Internet by pushing bills like SOPA and encouraging the Department of Justice to shut down websites -- and even imprison people -- just for aggregating links to sites that the movie industry doesn't like. Hollywood spends millions of dollars trying to buy off politicians.

They've even repeatedly let Senator Patrick Leahy -- the sponsor of the Senate version of SOPA (called PIPA) and the chairman of the powerful Senate Judiciary Committee, which has jurisdiction over most bills that Hollywood cares about -- appear in their summer blockbusters. He's in the Dark Knight Rises, and was also in the last Batman movie.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
You gave a source for the spoiler but do you have a source for this external quote?

Just curious is all

It was from an email from Demand Progress. But it's confirmed here: www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

Actually. You suck.

Just because you are going to boycott the movie because Patrick Leahy is in it doesn't give you the right to post spoilers to the movie...for that you suck.

Patrick Leahy happens to be a big Batman fan, he had a cameo in Batman and Robin too, hope you didn't see that one?

Surprised there isn't a thread about what Rush Limbaugh said in regards to Bane being in the movie...apparently it's a dig at Romney's former company, Bain Capital...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Ayerish

Oh how cute, a sock puppet!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excuse me??

I'd appreciate that comment to my face thank you. Balls required.
I appreciate our similarities in sense of humor and horrible movies.

The whoring worth of advertising said all there is about this disappointment.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
You should have put a spoiler alert, in this one.....

I'm going to see it, regardless. Last 2 were great flicks !

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Now is a good time to turn to what the good and great Maddox has to say on spoilers:

*Note on spoilers: if you're the type of moron who clicks on a movie review and expects a warning about spoilers, it's time for you to climb a bridge and reflect on life and the decisions you've made. There's no such thing as a good movie review that doesn't contain spoilers. Also, what does it even mean to have a movie "spoiled?" Someone gave away the ending? Boo hoo! You watch a movie for the experience and story telling, nobody cares about you having some personal revelation about the plot the first time you see the movie. Everyone knows how every superhero movie ends (here's a spoiler: the superhero always wins--gasp), yet billions of people still watch them. If spoiling a movie mattered, then people wouldn't own movies they've seen before. I will never list "spoiler alert" to placate you dip#s, so spare me your tearful pleas.

Thanks, Maddox! I could not agree more.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

to bad this isnt a movie review.. this is you complaining about sopa or something

fail at covering up your not adding a "spoiler"
edit on 20-7-2012 by Bonkrh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
OP I understand your views, but it would just be the decent thing to do and add a spoiler alert to the top of your post. I am not telling you what you should do...I am just saying that it would be a nice thing to do for the folks who haven't read the post yet.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join