It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will be boycotting Dark Knight Rises

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

Because you posted this spoiler without a "Spoiler Alert", I am going to go to the theater and see this movie and take ALL my friends. I haven't been to the theater since Star Trek VI (1991).

(And I hate Batman movies)
edit on 7/20/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Shoulda' had a spoiler alert.
That being said .. it's not my kind of movie so I wont 'be going anyways.
I'll see it for a whole lot less when it comes 'on demand' later on ..

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by SilentKoala

(And I hate Batman movies)
edit on 7/20/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

It looks nice next to your NO H8 avatar.

Hypocrisy

Ignorance is strong with this thread.
edit on 20-7-2012 by gigaherc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Nevermind.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Floydshayvious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I will be boycotting Dark Knight Rises

That's one (of a very short list) I'd actually pay the 15$ to see in a theater...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I started reading the spoiler and I couldn't stop reading it
I guess that was the intention.

Well done OP for ruining the film's ending.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

This is totally off topic but I'm digging the Dishonored avatar Slayer. Totally psyched for that game

As for the Dark Knight Rises I plan to see it and no conspiracy of Hollywood fat-cats crusading against the internet is gonna stop me.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Hmmm...Rich person and police State fighting terrorism...stupid movies...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I'm certain that most of us on here don't give two shts about your boycott.

I'll go see it soon as I can.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I decided last night to see the premier at midnight, and besides being pooped this morning I thought the movie was fantastic. Honestly, sure Hollywood stinks, and when I go see a film I assume their "big brother" "big government" agendas are being supported with my ticket money...but what in this country that we buy isn't going to support some crappy ideal...so much is out of our control I'm afraid.

There are stronger reasons that would motivate me to boycott a movie...the use of some Senator isn't really going to be one of them.

The saddest story here in relation to the movie is the horrible shooting last night in Colorado. This series seems to be so entrenched in death with the suicide of Heath Ledger with the last movie and now the shooting in Colorado last night.

There is conspiracy where ever you look and that is the sad truth...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
wow op, way to spoil a film. I might mark you as my foe for this one.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Let them shut it all down. If people end up cut off the loop, because they can not afford it when they are working 14 hours a day to make ends meet, maybe once they have money again they wont squander it on blu rays and downloads.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I second that.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
Now is a good time to turn to what the good and great Maddox has to say on spoilers:

*Note on spoilers: if you're the type of moron who clicks on a movie review and expects a warning about spoilers, it's time for you to climb a bridge and reflect on life and the decisions you've made. There's no such thing as a good movie review that doesn't contain spoilers. Also, what does it even mean to have a movie "spoiled?" Someone gave away the ending? Boo hoo! You watch a movie for the experience and story telling, nobody cares about you having some personal revelation about the plot the first time you see the movie. Everyone knows how every superhero movie ends (here's a spoiler: the superhero always wins--gasp), yet billions of people still watch them. If spoiling a movie mattered, then people wouldn't own movies they've seen before. I will never list "spoiler alert" to placate you dip#s, so spare me your tearful pleas.

Thanks, Maddox! I could not agree more.

Yeah... But... That's just for the general internet. And this is not a review as has been mentioned. And besides, this is not the general internet.... THIS IS SPARTA(AAAAAA-"ATS")!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll wait for dvd but I still care about other peoples feelings. We do that at sparta-ATS. We care. Unless you disagree with me or anyone else... In that case, then prepare for a battle that, within the minds of those arguing, is as epic as.... SPARTAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I do not watch the Batman films it I was into them the first and second films but I kind of stray off after a film that doesn't seem to have a never ending story. It is like they ruin the characters that way for me. I totally agree with you on boycotting.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bonkrh
you can boycott all you want. im gonna go see a badass movie

if its sooo bad ass...why do they need to kill people for advertising....

i wanted to see it....but ledger....now 12 people at a 12am showing....hmmmm

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
I'll preface this by saying I have a 150mbps Internet connection, that should tell you my view of piracy...

And with that being said

If that's a genuine f-ing spoiler you just made my worst a-hole on ATS list.

I just saw the movie (my friend treated me tonight) so I got to watch it for free!!!

That said, the spoiler alert is genuine, so I feel sorry that you had to add someone onto your A-hole list...I hate those who spoil movies before you either see them in the theater or download them for viewing later on.

However, I still liked the second movie (dark knight) better than the first and third movie combined.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Hahaha
Funniest thread in a while.

You guys are actually mad for a super hero movie spoiler.
lolololol

Once you hit 27 and start to grow up, you guys are in for a shock once you'll realised every hollywood cliche movie is just same vomit every single time, over and over and over. Sometime theres a classic but batman

One day you gonna look at this movie the same way as you do with batman 2 with Devito and Swartzenneger, laughing your a__ off.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I asked my son if he wanted to see the new Batman movie.

He said no.

Guess we're seeing the new Ice Age flick.

Will wait for the DVD.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by eagleeye2
Once you hit 27 and start to grow up, you guys are in for a shock once you'll realised every hollywood cliche movie is just same

Think it's safe to bet there are plenty of people older than you that don't feel the same way.

You don't tell someone the score at a sports game, you don't ruin the end to films, it's just common sense and manners. You also don't imply you're more mature than everyone with different hobbies than you. Just saying.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join