It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will be boycotting Dark Knight Rises

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

This thread isn't a movie review.

This thread is you being ignorant.

A big fan of Batman comics, Leahy lent his voice in the Batman: The Animated Series episode "Showdown" as the Governor of the Utah territory. He appears in cameo roles in the 1997 film Batman and Robin, in the 2008 film The Dark Knight and the upcoming film The Dark Knight Rises.

Leahy wrote the introduction to the collected edition of Green Arrow: the Archer's Quest and the foreword to the first volume of The Dark Knight Archives, a hardcover reprinting of the first four issues of the Batman comic book.

en.wikipedia.org...

He is a fan of comics and Batman.

Sometimes, it's that simple.

edit on 20/7/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

He is great!

Dark Knight Rises

REVIEWER'S RATING: 4 STARS OUT OF 5

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Boycotting 1 Warner Bros movie really is not really going to make much of a difference. Warner Bros is just a fraction of the Entertainment Industry. Anyway Dark Knight Rises is going to make a sick amount of money over the weekend just wait and see. Personally, I will be going to see this!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

You should burn in hell for spoiling the movie, and for your irrrational retarded views, I wish I could put you on ignore list and report your space wasting mongoloid post.

Lucky I have seen the film, lucky for you insect, because if you spoiled it for me I would find you and I would destroy you puny puppet.

Also the thread is full of ignorant declarations of flat out piracy admittance and thus should be deleted, it makes ATS look silly. People like you SilentKoala should get permaban.

edit on 20-7-2012 by gigaherc because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2012 by gigaherc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by gigaherc

I read that in Denzel's voice...nice...

But. No need for name calling and you can alert it, just click on the alert button in the flag box at the top of the page.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
So Far 10 are confirmed dead in a shooting at the Premier in Aurora, Co
Pray for these folks...
Thread Here
edit on 20-7-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gigaherc

That was amusing to read

edit on 20-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

i agree... & buying our Government should be illegal..

but sadly, its not..

and to those who are calling out spoiler!

how many times have you seen a movie that ends that way? 1000x plus?

oh no! he's going to die saving everyone!

oh wait he didn't..yeah!

seriously.. thats a played out ending..

your intelligence should be insulted by now..

we can all count the movies where the hero

finally dies.. the rest? the hero does not.

the point is you should be outraged by both..

your representative is being rewarded right in your

face, while writing the laws representing YOU for THEM,

against YOU... yet the sad truth is, you are not.

they are your "airwaves" why do channels get

paid to use your "public broadcast airwaves"?

turn on any channel right now & a edited version

of a movie will be on making more $$ selling you crap

you do not really need... & what does the public get by LAW?

one hour of mandatory media politically bought & slanted

against you, John Q Public.. what a joke.

they are making money off of you several times on each & every

entertainment show every day....

it is outrageous to think non-tangible sounds & thoughts

can be owned perpetually & profited on until the end of time.

can you hold a movie? a sound? no.

with all the people on earth..

do you really think no one else would ever on their own

spontaneously whistle a series of notes that sound alike?

or think of a story along the same lines? odds are they would & are.

Also, if you invest 100mil to make a movie & get paid 500mil, profit 400mil ..

everyone involved is PAID many times over, you expect to get paid

for eternity? when is enough, enough?

you get sued for downloading a copy of say, ET for your kids when

you paid to see it at the movies, bought a VHS copy, a DVD copy, a Blue Ray copy

and went to Universal Studios.. only to lose in court for having a "digital" version

that will not break scratch etc.. for the next generation of consumers..your kids.

there has got to be a stopping point.

just like my response..

boycott? hell yes.

original ending? hell no.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
So Far 10 are confirmed dead in a shooting at the Premier in Aurora, Co
Pray for these folks...
Thread Here
edit on 20-7-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

Oh man, when I said boycott I didn't mean this. They took my thread way too seriously.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Oh and when we go to see it, I'm going to buy an extra ticket and say we bought it just for you.

So you did pay towards it. Isn't that just peachy?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Alas, I will not be boycotting Dark Knight Rises. As much as I dislike the Hollywood culture and how some poeple worship it, I dislike piracy as much.
Whether we like to admit it or not, everyone (or at least most) have jobs they need to do and it would be wrong to not pay them for what they do, including the actors/ directors/ producers/ random guy#1/ random guy#2.

Ergo, if some people want to go to the cinema to watch a movie and pay the people who worked hard to make the movie, let them be.
As for Hollywood buying the government - what's new. Money makes the world go round. And some politicians are just comic book fans and like to indulge their inner child by making cameos in their favourite comic book turned into a movie.

And fortunately I have the memory of a goldfish and will have forgotten your spoiler by the time I watch the film.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

I can appreciate your conviction against government corruption, but trying to spoil the movie for other people was kind of rude. Although I did laugh after I stopped myself mid-sentence because I realized what you were doing.

You weren't going to be able to spoil the movie for me because it's an action movie based on a comic book. I know how these movies end. It's Batman, not the Usual Suspects. So nice try.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman

everyone involved is PAID many times over, you expect to get paid

Did you originally format your post to make it impossibad to reply to? >.<

There is so much wrong with all this post in the first place. Giving out a spoiler and ruining people's viewing experiences even of bad films is just wrong.

Other than that, where do you get this idea that everyone involved in a film gets paid many times over? I've worked on many films. I don't get continiously paid from them at all. Furthermore, the post industry can be very painful. Some hollywood VFX companies have up to 30% of their work force either working for free or paying them for the experience.

As for repeatedly making money ... You have to understand how the market works, and how many people are involved in bringing something to a television screen. It's not rocket science, but its not as simple as 'purchase TV version of batman, profit'. There are agents and lawyers involved, and the work is a 'whole package' of advertising also that has to be catered and redone to match the era. IE the advertising for Michael Keaton's batman is not the same imagery they used 10 years ago in between advert breaks.

The other thing people forget is a 100 million dollar investment doesn't always come back. Entire companies have sunk or swam based on a single film. That's why sometimes studios hold off on big IPs like James Bond and instead pour all their funds into smaller projects so they can bet on 'more horses'. They basically hope one of those will keep them in the black. It's so much more complex than your post suggests.

In regards to the boycotting ... on every film there people working on it of many thoughts and opinions. Feel free to look up lists of scientologists, layvaerian satanists, pagans, liberals, republicans, bdsm addicts, drug addicts, pro-lifers etc ... that are allowed to work on films and start boycotting them as well.

/end rant for now.

cj6

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I knew JGL was Robin!!!!!!!!!

Ive still got my tickets to see it later today but as a huge Robin fan im effin excited to see that!!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

So what is your take on the Colorado massacre?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I will still see it, only reason is because Batman is the only one holding up DC, compared to buttload of Marvel movies. And this would hopefully promote Justice League Movie to be made.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I opened this thread expecting to see people upset because the bad guy in the movie is based on the “occupy movement”. I figured that would cause some outrage among the members here.

Don’t Occupy Gotham City: A Protester Reviews ‘The Dark Knight Rises’
Holy wealth inequality, Batman? Christopher Nolan’s new epic depicts a sinister class warfare. But that’s Hollywood, not the Occupy Movement, says one Occupy Wall Street organizer.

Politicians and the mainstream media now have to talk about wealth inequality even though most would probably prefer not to—and that’s thanks to the Occupy Wall Street protests. The movement’s become so popular that even Batman now has to fight wealth inequality. Did the Occupy Movement inspire the Dark Knight, a one-percenter chairman of weapons-manufacturing Wayne Tech Enterprises by day and masked (street) crime fighting vigilante by night, to join the fight to restore justice for the 99 percent as Rush Limbaugh recently insinuated?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Except there are movies where the ending is everything, and make the whole movie phenomenal, like the Sixth Sense, and Fight Club.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
I opened this thread expecting to see people upset because the bad guy in the movie is based on the “occupy movement”. I figured that would cause some outrage among the members here.

Your article does not mention how anyone managed to time travel back to the 90s when the character was first invented.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join