It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 100,000 Signatures Collected on Petitions for Congress to Investigate Obama BC

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
A site admin at ATS has assured me that as long as we don't link to the petitions themselves, we can discuss the signatures obtained all we want.

SO DO NOT LINK TO ANY PETITIONS, AS THIS IS AGAINST ATS T&C.

Over 100,000 signatures have been obtained in online petitions for Congress to investigate Obama's BC and eligibility. The statement seems to be true from my own searches on the subject.

Arpaio's latest news reinforces the need for Congress to do this, as Arpaio's posse has concluded that the BC posted on the WH site is fraudulent, and could not have been issued by the Hawaii Dept. Health, for many reasons.

To put 100,000 signatures in perspective, relative to other petitions delivered to Congress, the largest known petition ever delivered to Congress was also recent, from 2009, and also deals with Obama- namely the petition which collected 1.3 million signatures opposing the government takeover of health care. It was some 61,000 pages long.

But it really begs the question that if 1.3 million signed against this, then how many really felt the same way, just never got their name on there for any multitude of reasons? Does 1.3 million actually represent more like 100+ million? I mean would that be unreasonable considering other polls which suggest that at a minimum the country was pretty well split on the healthcare issue? And if we are talking split, then that implies more like 180 million each way.

And along those same lines of thought then perhaps does 100,000 really represent more like 1+ million? I mean you guys see what I am saying? I don't know, but perhaps with the latest news from the posse, interest in these petitions will increase.

But you know the worst thing of all? That even with over 1.3 million signatures, it did not stop Congress from passing Obamacare. So I guess to expect that Congress would ever even glance at a measily 100,000 signature petition calling for their investigation of the Obama BC issue, would be looking for false hope. It really means nothing to them, so why should anyone bother. But that attitude is self defeatist. And should never be the attitude of those that want something done about this.

A lot of American people are sending their message loud and clear to Congress about this issue, whether Congress does anything about it or not.

If a posse with a conspiracy against them at the highest levels to stop and impede everything they are doing, can uncover what they have, then what could a Congressional investigation do with proper jurisdiction and subpoena power?

Since Obama has "nothing to hide," the prospect shouldn't bother him one bit. In fact, he should gladly cooperate, gleefully, ready and willing to provide whatever Congress needs to establish that the BC posted on the WH site was authentic, and that he is indeed a natural born citizen. I mean like, that's no problem, right Obama? In fact, you are so willing and ready for this investigation, you might just initiate it yourself to get this over with?

Yeah, fat chance.

But I thought the people have the right to petition the government, with the expectation that they will do something about it?

Yeah, fat chance.

This is not your grandfather's America. Not no mo.
edit on Thu Jul 19th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Just in time for the election

I'm sure the timing's entirely coincidental and doesn't benefit Mitt Romney in any way.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

100,000 People who could have been there at his birth in Hawaii, and still deny he was born there. There are many who simply refuse to believe he is just as American as they are. SMH

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I love petitions like this.

People willfully signing their name loudly proclaiming how much of an idiot they are.

I may just grab a copy of it so I know who not to hire in the future...hell...maybe I'll even make it an internet database so all employers can run the name of potential employees to check to see if they have extreme logic disabilities.

Not to mention that 100,000 for a petition is a laughable amount...especially for an internet one where one can sign there name as George Washington

edit on 19-7-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I think (behind the scenes) Donald Trump is behind a lot of this birth certificate controversy and some money and favors are being exchanged. People with a lot of money in high places; have a lot of connections and influence.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I am neither for or against pressing this issue, only because I don't think either side could successfully prove their point. However, this is no different than the university i work for requiring a bachelors degree for employment, and now going back and verifying those credentials and firing those who do not actually have it.......If a position requires pre-requisites, then they must be met.....This issue should have been solved before his name was originally on the ballot. period. It is the law to require certain things of the POTUS, if you think the birther issue is 'idiotic'....fine, no sweat, then create your petition to congress to change that law....if not, don't worry about those who actually want the powers at be to actually obey the law they are in charge of executing. A lot of people have made fun of those pushing this issue as nominal and insignificant, but seriously, look at the damage he has caused while in office. If this little non-issue had kept him out of office at the start, maybe America would be in a different situation......People laughed at elliot ness too, 'going after capone with tax evasion, seriously?'.....Well, it worked.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
These 100K people are of course willing to place their BC's on the net to prove they are citizens of America right? Because only citizens should be allowed to sign this.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
These 100K people are of course willing to place their BC's on the net to prove they are citizens of America right? Because only citizens should be allowed to sign this.

Putting their BC's on the net isn't good enough...remember.

I think this should be a hard copy petition and they should all mail in a certified copy of their BC with an affadavit from the State saying it is a valid copy.

Unless they do that...their signature is invalid.

Sorry birthers...you must play by your own rules.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

People willfully signing their name loudly proclaiming how much of an idiot they are.

Had to go there but hey lets roll with it then how about all those "who voted for Obama" sign their names to it as to anyone linking this to the election that is a two way street oh say like Farenheit 9-11 released just in time for the elections, and the up coming really cool movie about how Obama killed Bin Laden.

So what if they signed or even think Obama is fraud they have enough other evidence to beleive that everything about Obama's history has been a fabrication.

I say good for them, and detractors hey we all know who they are going to vote for in November.

If the question to be asked who is the bigger "idiot" not my words the people who signed a petition or the people who voted for Obama?

Tough question.

edit on 19-7-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
But I thought the people have the right to petition the government, with the expectation that they will do something about it?

Sure we have a right to petition the government. There is no promise, however, that the government will entertain the fantasies of every fringe group out there...

And you can also expect that the government is going to do something about it, but the government is not obligated to fulfill your expectations.

If only you had some proof! Darn it!

edit on 7/19/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Well if that's all it takes, real US citizens like me with no problems at all with their BC's will have no problem providing that- except that rightfully, considering those of us that are not employed by government, and thus our records not need be subject to publication, I would only disagree with them being posted online. But the government holds them anyway, so really all that is needed is to individually provide positive identification to Congress, that yes, American citizens all over want the investigation done- and that these aren't just some internet wackos babbling.
edit on Thu Jul 19th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
What a joke. Like anyone is going to remove a sitting U.S. president !
Get real the man has held office for almost a full term.
100,000 signatures ? That amounts to nothing, it's not even 1% of the voting public.
Crazy Joe Arpio is lucky the U.S. military is not hunting him down in the desert like Sadam, under orders of the commander and chief. And if you think for one minute that Obama would be charged if Romney got elected, think again. Every president pardons the past admins.That responsibility goes with the job.
edit on 19-7-2012 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
100,000 signatures ? That amounts to nothing, it's not even 1% of the voting public.

Considerably less than 1%... More like .04% (assuming approx 250 million adults in the US)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Petitions are a waste of time.

It is insanity in a very simple form, they don't work and go unanswered on the real issues.

How do we as American demand redress of grievances as outlined in the 1st amendment?

We can't it has never happen and it never will, that is of course if we look back at our own history for a solution. We dealt with tyranny back then and it has come time to deal with it again. The 2nd Amendment is under attack from the UN. If we let it go we lose all our rights.

ETA: We don't actually loose the rights Government just turns a right into a crime.
edit on 19-7-2012 by SWCCFAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
There is no promise, however, that the government will entertain the fantasies of every fringe group out there...

Fringe group? Huh?

How can you possibly equate a fringe group with a cold case posse from a law enforcement agency that has been actually quite effective in some areas, I might add, and who is a Sheriff of this land tasked with fulfilling the requests of his constituents? This wasn't the ATS investigative crew, BH.
THIS WAS A LAW ENFORCEMENT INVESTIGATION.

Your attempts to try and equate the two just try my patience. And this is typical of how the anti-birther establishment throws the baby out with the bathwater. Lump sum it all and dismiss it.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Last time I checked wasn't it a crime to knowingly providing false identification?

Questionable Birth Certificate
Questionable Selective Service reregistration
Questionable Social Security Number

Yeah I think there is enough information to open an investigation.

If you or I did what Lord Obama did we would be in jail.

They are above the law and only answer to their handlers.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

keep in mind the general thinking is when one person goes through the step to actually contact congress, it is estimated that another 13,000 people share that same view. So it could theoretically represent the views of 130,000,000 people. I share that view and I never signed the petition.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The whole issue is moot. His term in office is about up !
The republicans have had control of the House since 2010, Where is the indictment? Where is the impeachment hearings. Nothing is going to happen but Obamas re-election.
After two terms of G.W. I expected no less from the american sheeple
edit on 19-7-2012 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

I hope you are right

4 more years!

Slavery = Freedom!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I'm sitting here wondering just how many of the 100,000 who signed that internet petition are actually going to get up and go vote come November. I think the % will be small.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join