It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop or the senior citizen will shoot!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Here's a deal, they are both out on bail?

Nineteen-year-olds Duwayne Henderson and Davis Dawkins were later arrested and face attempted armed robbery with a firearm and criminal mischief charges. Both posted bail and were released.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

If you ask me, it's a pretty stupid thing for anyone to do.

This could have easily have escalated into a shoot-out with several people wounded or even worse, dead.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Stormdancer777

If you ask me, it's a pretty stupid thing for anyone to do.

This could have easily have escalated into a shoot-out with several people wounded or even worse, dead.

Well that can be your choice, if you are ever in that situation. You make your choice and I'll make mine and I have been in that situation without a weapon. That's why I carry. Never again.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Originally posted by NavyDoc

He got the drop on them and got off a good shot and the first hit.
and 5 more after that. (Some of which did not hit)

Even had the gun been loaded (although we shouldn't take a violent criminal's word on having an unloaded gun and not intending to shoot anyone)....
You don't have to just simply take their word for it. It's rather obvious, due to the fact that they're knocking each other down while running away like the little punk bitches that they are.

Real life isn't the movies.
Exactly. That is my point. Old man got lucky that no one else was injured, because of his supposed 'heroism'.

reply to post by GuidedKill

Originally posted by GuidedKill

Who cares if the guns weren't loaded. That's those two idiots fault. Ever heard don't bring a knife to a gun fight? Well when you set out with a gun and attempt to spread fear and convey the idea that would are willing to kill for what you want, then you get what you deserve when you set out on that course of action.
Who cares if they weren't loaded? Probably everyone else in that building, since that is the single most relevant detail, which led to this↓ conclusion.

Originally posted by GuidedKill

He did absolutely nothing wrong and EVERYTHING right.

There would have been a completely different end result, if they would have had bullets and/or balls.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

All of there lives were already in danger dude. This is what we need more of people with balls saying enough of crime. This is why guns should be in the hand of every single person. Lets level the playing field and end crime for good.

You can't say how it would have ended if they did have a gun that was loaded. What if they would have hit a person with the bat in the head? That can be lethal. Your just not thinking it through and your tree hug'n attitude is born out of brainwashing of the masses more than likely. Good luck in your endeavor to count on the police to be at every single occasion to stop crime we all know that's not going to happen. So I do praise this mans actions and you should too. Not that I am for reckless behavior so don't try to turn it into anarchy. I'm talking about responsible action to protect innocent lives. You have no argument period. Unless you want your loved ones or friends to be a victim some day at the hands of idiots like these criminals. Anytime someone has a gun your to assume its loaded and in a situation like this you just react and it was justified. Think about it.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by firegoggles

All of there lives were already in danger dude. This is what we need more of people with balls saying enough of crime. This is why guns should be in the hand of every single person. Lets level the playing field and end crime for good.

You can't say how it would have ended if they did have a gun that was loaded.
First off, my name is not 'dude'.

Secondly, obviously their lives were not actually in danger, after all.

Thirdly, I can (and will) say whatever the hell I wanna say, but I did not say how it would have ended. I just said it would have ended differently.

What if they would have hit a person with the bat in the head?
As previously stated, they had no balls. Old man was lucky that the 2 punks were cowards.
A baseball bat + a human shield, could possibly overtake an old man + a gun.

Originally posted by firegoggles

Your just not thinking it through and your tree hug'n attitude is born out of brainwashing of the masses more than likely.
lmfaoooo. I have nothing more to say to you, because I can't even get myself to read beyond that ridiculously idiotic statement.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Yep! The headline is right. It gives proof to the old saying that you younger folks won't know or underestand:
"Don't pick a fight with an old man. He would just as soon kill you as not."

He has my appreciation for defending his (and others) rights.
And I would not change this view if he had killed both of them.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Ok your names not dude.. wow. For the record I call everyone dude men, women, cats, dogs. And I too can say what ever I like
Second..Umm ya about what you can and can't say umm yea I didn't really mean it like that I meant that you just can't assume the guns not loaded. doh. Lastly my tree hug'n line was uncalled for and I apologize. But it certainly wasn't idiotic in fact it was pretty creative for what I had to work with eheh. Get over yourself .. I'm trying too..

I stand behind what I said. The basic idea is people looking out for people. And if something like this happened and someone stepped up and protected your loved ones you may look at it a little bit different. Sorry I took a "shot" at your character (pun intended..pretty funny and creative for being idiotic huh). Oh see how I even apologized TWICE. ATS and the world could sure learn something from that.. probably wishful thinking on my part. Have a good one or whatever it is you have..Did I mention I stand behind the original premise of my post though?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

It's not your job to take the law into your hands.

The best thing to do would have been to give the robber the cash and do what they say. If you want to be a hero, I hope you're prepared to accept the potential reality that pulling out another gun could lead to even worse consequences for all.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

So you against this then right?
Math Teacher Stops School Shooting

and this
Marine Allegedly Upset With Military Status Opens Fire in Northwest OKC

Ever hear of a citizens arrest? I don't now what's wrong with you people. But sometimes we need to protect each other if the police are not around in time or just not around at all. Even at risk of a situation getting ugly. I would rather see someone step up and save my child then have your attitude about things like this. Think about it is all I ask. Consider your own loved ones in harms way then answer these type of questions honestly from your heart.

You see your entire concept may be flawed. It's not about wanting to be a hero.. it's about protecting innocence.
edit on 7/19/2012 by firegoggles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Already Posted...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
It's not your job to take the law into your hands.

The best thing to do would have been to give the robber the cash and do what they say. If you want to be a hero, I hope you're prepared to accept the potential reality that pulling out another gun could lead to even worse consequences for all.

What part of "self defense" don't you understand? Pulling out another gun can also resolve the situation without a shot being fired. I don't have to accept anything. What I don't accept is relying on the guy with the gun not shooting me.

I worked for Domino's Pizza in Jacksonville Florida in the 80's. I was fired from Domino's because a guy pulled a knife on me and I pulled a gun on him. Domino's policy was to cooperate with someone who was robbing the place. About two weeks after I was fired, one of the Orlando stores cooperated with a robber. They later found the manager, assistant manager and five drivers in the freezer, all shot in the back of the head.

edit on 19-7-2012 by JIMC5499 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join