It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop or the senior citizen will shoot!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

A 71-year old man thwarted a robbery at a Florida internet cafe on Friday when he shot two would-be assailants and the entire ordeal was captured on security tape.

The two robbers burst through the doors of the Palms Internet Cafe in Ocala and ordered everyone to get down as they waved a handgun at dozens of customers.

But they didn't expect Samuel Williams to pull out his own weapon and fire, injuring both of the criminals and saving the lives of his fellow Floridians.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Watching the video made me laugh, no one was killed thank goodness., but the elderly gentleman made my day.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
youtu.be...

A 71-years-young, Shawn Williams recently threw himself in a tough position. As two men attempted to rob the Palms Internet cafe he was in, he pulled out his gun and fired at the pair, hitting them, non-lethally, and successfully stopping the robbery! Patrick Jones walks us through the amazing footage from the Marion County Sheriff's Office in Ocala, Florida.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Looks like one of the robbers had a gun. Why didnt he shoot it out?

Was the cash not worth being shot for?

Too bad he didnt think about it before he entered the cafe with the intent to rob it. Or maybe he did and he thought nobody else would have a gun.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

The article said the man claimed the guns weren't loaded.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Good for him, glad there some who can use their guns to defend instead of doing nothing. Those idiots deserved all they got.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yup, here it is.

The teen said that they didn't plan to hurt anyone during the robbery, just grab some money and run.

'The gun was broken and rusty and wasn't loaded. Nobody was going to get hurt,' he told the paper; the plan was to 'barge in, get the money and leave.'

He said that neither of the two teens ever 'expected anyone to be armed.'

Why do criminals have to be so stupid?

If somebody rushes in and point a gun at you you arent going to notice if it's broken or rusted and you especially have no idea if it's loaded. Any indication of such status would nullify the whole reason the robber has it pointed at you in the first place.

Seems it isnt the availability of weapons, poverty or even need that makes a criminal. Given their behaviors it seems just being stupid makes the criminal. Only an intensely stupid person would think burglary is a good idea.

They look at it like it's a game. Like they're playing paintball

'I was down, and I’m not going to continue to shoot you,' he said.

Morons.

Sorry to keep editing but the more I think about it the more aggravated I get.

Imagine being killed in one of these stupid robbery attempts. You arent dying on the floor because somebody was hungry or otherwise in need. You're dying on the cold floor in a pool of blood because somebody is a raging idiot.

There must be more than one species of human on this planet because the gap between a normal sane human being and some neanderthal who thinks it's a good idea to threaten your one and only life for pocket change is so immense I find it difficult to comprehend.
edit on 18-7-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
When I saw this earlier, I assumed that the would-be thieves guns were not loaded, since they ran away without firing back. However, at the time, the old man should not have assumed that they would not shoot back.

The old guy got lucky. He endangered the lives of everyone else in that building, and should not be praised for his actions. There were other people between the trigger-happy old man, and the 2 young punks.

If the 2 punks would have had bullets (& balls), that scene would have ended with lots of bloodshed. And to top it all off, old guy fires one last shot out the door, into the street!

edit on 7/18/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Yes, lets give the robbers a free pass every time. Robbers never shoot people cooperating during their crime.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Originally posted by roadgravel

Yes, lets give the robbers a free pass every time. Robbers never shoot people cooperating during their crime.

I assume that comment is directed at me. That is not at all what I said.

Old guy got lucky, for many reasons.
Lucky they had no bullets.
Lucky they had no balls.
Lucky none of his own bullets hit any of the other customers in that building.
Lucky he didn't hit a passing motorist, or a kid on a bike, or an old lady walking on the sidewalk across the street, etc.. etc.. when he fired his final shot out the door.

Reckless and trigger happy do not always end with the results that were initially desired.

He probably didn't care if he got shot, which is fine, but he obviously didn't care if anyone else got shot either, which is not fine.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Sheesh, and here in Aus, we have a known pedo who has been released after serving time, (He was extradited from Thailand for being a rock spider -- I can say rock spider can't I ? I know it is a derogatory term, but given recent warnings, I am not sure.. is pedo even OK? Should I just say Sexual deviant? Maybe that's wrong too.. anyway).. Bradley Pen Dragon - odd name, sounds old, but still..

was caught in an Internet Cafe here, looking at pictures of kids. Someone confronted him, and HE attacked him with a pocket knife.

If only we could have guns here in the hands of law abiding citizens. Someone needs to shoot that perv.. citizen.

Gotta keep my mind on not offending anyone, who knows what the rules are these days, you can be warned for nothing..

au.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
too bad he didnt kill those little bastards

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
When I saw this earlier, I assumed that the would-be thieves guns were not loaded, since they ran away without firing back. However, at the time, the old man should not have assumed that they would not shoot back.

The old guy got lucky. He endangered the lives of everyone else in that building, and should not be praised for his actions. There were other people between the trigger-happy old man, and the 2 young punks.

If the 2 punks would have had bullets (& balls), that scene would have ended with lots of bloodshed. And to top it all off, old guy fires one last shot out the door, into the street!

I disagree, there was a wide gap between people and there was a very clear line of sight from the man and the criminal. He got the drop on them and got off a good shot and the first hit. Even had the gun been loaded (although we shouldn't take a violent criminal's word on having an unloaded gun and not intending to shoot anyone) he was not going to shoot it out with the first bullet in him. Real life isn't the movies.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

That old man did what every person in America should do. Carry a weapon and defend yourself and others if need be. He did absolutely nothing wrong and EVERYTHING right. If more people were packing and willing to stand up I promise there would be less robberies and other general violent crime. Imagine if a robber knew everyone in the place he plans on robbing has a gun. I bet they would think twice about their choice of profession.

Who cares if the guns weren't loaded. That's those two idiots fault. Ever heard don't bring a knife to a gun fight? Well when you set out with a gun and attempt to spread fear and convey the idea that would are willing to kill for what you want, then you get what you deserve when you set out on that course of action.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I'd like to buy the guy a cup of coffee or something stronger and then make arrangements to meet him at the gun range the next day to work on his aim. It wouldn't have bothered me if he would have wasted both of them. Put a little Chlorine in the gene pool.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Responsible gun use.
Awesome!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Having been on the wrong end of a gun more than once, you NEVER assume the robber isn't willing to do what he promises. Because more often than not by far, they will. These two are extremely rare, if they are even telling the truth.

This man did what was right under the circumstances, and with what he knew. As far as he knew, the perp was more than willing to shoot someone had they not cooperated up to his standards. And might have shot someone anyway, just because he could. I know, been there, seen that.

I think the old mans aim was very good. The reason they aren't dead is most likely because he was aiming at the largest part of their bodies to keep from hurting anyone else.

I applaud this man for his courage to do what needed to be done. We need a lot more like him.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill

That old man did what every person in America should do. Carry a weapon and defend yourself and others if need be. He did absolutely nothing wrong and EVERYTHING right. If more people were packing and willing to stand up I promise there would be less robberies and other general violent crime. Imagine if a robber knew everyone in the place he plans on robbing has a gun. I bet they would think twice about their choice of profession.

Who cares if the guns weren't loaded. That's those two idiots fault. Ever heard don't bring a knife to a gun fight? Well when you set out with a gun and attempt to spread fear and convey the idea that would are willing to kill for what you want, then you get what you deserve when you set out on that course of action.

Every criminal caught says "it wasn't loaded" or "I wasn't going to hurt anybody." They all say it, but it does not really matter, so I agree with you. In addition, the entire intent of them was to make the citizens in there fear for their lives--that is the entire point in bringing a gun (or a bat, or a knife) to make the victim fear for his or her life so that they comply with the robber's demands. The criminals intended for the people to fear for their lives and this one man responded exactly the opposite of what the robbers intended and he responded appropriately to the situation.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I watched that and it really made me cry. I felt such pride in what he had the balls to do!

What an excellent example of 2econd amendment.

Hope we hear more about this man I would like to thank him myself.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I kind of figured that because they come in like real bad asses but once the firing started they just bolted for the door.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
He seemed like he had some sort of training, maybe X military or policeman, I wonder.
edit on 123131p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join