It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court demands secret files on US 'black jails'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Court demands secret files on US 'black jails'

www.telegraph.co.uk

Judges in Strasbourg have requested documents that contain details of how the CIA set up its "extraordinary rendition" centre outside Warsaw in 2002 where it subjected al-Qaeda suspects to water-boarding and other extreme interrogation techniques.

A month ago, a Polish whistle-blower alleged that a document existed which allowed the setting up of the prison – including procedures to adopt in the event of an inmate's death. It was said to have been signed by the head of Polish intelligence.

According to the leak, American officials "laughed" and refused to sign the document. "Th
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The CIA's Most Secret Prison Revealed
America's Secret Prisons
Secret US Prisons in Europe

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
It appears that the United States is coming under fire for it's secret prisons once again. Europe has been known as a hotbed of secret detention facilities where it is said that torture and other forms of intense interrogeration are performed in other countries such as Romania.

Both Poland and the US have fought to keep operational details of the camp secret. Under European law Poland has until Sept 5 to comply with the court's request for information, a copy of which has been seen by this newspaper.

Personally, I don't expect the US or Poland to comply due to the sensitive nature of this information. I wonder how many of these secret prisons are located around the globe? There are probably quite a few.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

More than a few.

The link got a nice little map to show the scale of the CIA rendition network.

Alleged secret detentions and unlawful inter-state transfers involving Council of Europe member states

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The US is absolutely the single most hypocritical nation on Earth at this present time.

Imagine the outcry in America if it were another country doing this to American citizens? It would be deafening. Yet when the rest of us speak up about these atrocities being committed by the US we get told to shut it, mind our own damn business and labelled as "America haters".

I, for one, am sick to death of the lies and deceit coming out of America. It's time the world put America in it's place.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by skuly

Thanks for the link

I'm willing to bet there are even more, these are just the ones that have been leaked or admitted to.

I wonder how many people have been unfairly imprisoned in camps like these for nothing but deceitful political agendas. Guantanamo Bay is a perfect example of a system that contains absolutely no justice.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Thank you for mentioning the hypocrisy in all of this. You are bang on when you say there would be outrage if there were secret prisons all over the world detaining American citizens without reason. Even Iran released the American "hikers" that were found in their country illegally. Would the US release Iranian "hikers" that would be found in the country illegally? I don't think so.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

extreme interrogation techniques.

I love how they change the name of things so it sounds more tolerable

torture will always be torture no matter what they call it.

and its use shames us all.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Last time one of these America tortures its enemies posts came up I posted pics of terrorists beheading Americans. I got into trouble for posting them, so I won't do it here. Suffice it to say that there are some pretty gruesome pictures and videos out there showing terrorists torturing Americans, and Europeans.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Someone needs to get this out in the open. I never thought I would live in a country that was out with torture and had a string of private prisons around the world. My family came here to escape the Stalinist in Russia looks like they didn't run far enough away. I grew up on stories of Russia during the revolution and heard about people being taken away in the night never to be seen again. I am starting to see some of the same things I grew up hearing about happening here.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Terrorists dont exist. Its bs terminology. Did you mean to say arabs?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
The US is absolutely the single most hypocritical nation on Earth at this present time.

Imagine the outcry in America if it were another country doing this to American citizens? It would be deafening. Yet when the rest of us speak up about these atrocities being committed by the US we get told to shut it, mind our own damn business and labelled as "America haters".

I, for one, am sick to death of the lies and deceit coming out of America. It's time the world put America in it's place.

When you have the power, you can use it as you wish

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

When you have the power, you can use it as you wish

You would make a good dictator, Hitler and Stalin would be proud

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I would rather say "with great power comes great responsibility".

America is the most powerful nation in the world. Because of this, they owe it to the rest of the world to also be the greatest nation in the world, in every aspect. That includes the democratic aspect. In other words, in my opinion of course, they owe it to the rest of the world not only not to indulge in torture, kidnapings, assassinations and other undemocratic - and dare I say un-American? - activities, but they owe it to the world to actively pursue and pull out the national banhammer on anyone who does.

Of course, today, with the corrupt politicians that rule the world, honesty walks and hypocrisy talks.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

Last time one of these America tortures its enemies posts came up I posted pics of terrorists beheading Americans. I got into trouble for posting them, so I won't do it here. Suffice it to say that there are some pretty gruesome pictures and videos out there showing terrorists torturing Americans, and Europeans.

And what happened to having the moral high ground, we don't do what our enemies do...

OH wait we do, we torture and kill with out trial, we violate countries Sovereignty as it suits us, we make up fake reasons to invade.

This era in US history will go down as its Darkest.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

And what happened to having the moral high ground, we don't do what our enemies do...

My issue isn't with torture. I believe that human torture is bad under every circumstance. My problem is with this thread. IMO it is nothing more than an anti-America thread. If the OP was against torture then he would have included other Countries that committed torture, not only against Americans, but against their own citizens.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

included other Countries that committed torture

Who cares what other countries do, The America I grew up in Doesn't torture people, this one we live in now has become an abomination.

I can love my country and hate what it has become, that is not hating America, its loving it so much I weep over the current state of it.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'm beginning to think that we were told lies to get all these immigrants here, so that those who lied to get them here could use them accordingly to their secret hidden agenda that we have long been the pawns to. All you have to do is look at the world as a whole and you will see plain as day! We are all merely sheep, pawns, slaves to the evil entity that this country and many others have allowed it to turn into. Kind of like the way certain Corporations become entities too big to control, now imagine what our government system has grown into..?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Who cares what other countries do, The America I grew up in Doesn't torture people, this one we live in now has become an abomination.

This is a mighty big assumption.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

This is a mighty big assumption.

Fine they where at least ashamed of it and kept it in the dark, even than its wrong, and its OUR fault for allowing it.

Now we even have citizens who defend its use on the basis of "they did it first"...

Shameful.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I think that we are both in agreement that torture is WRONG. I don't want to give the impression that I condone torture, by the United States nor any other Country under any circumstance. I am assuming that you feel the same. My issue was that this thread gave the appearance as an anti-American thread.

Sorry am getting old and confused. Didn't mean to say the thread was anti-American. I meant the original post that I was responding too....Sorry OP!
edit on 7/18/2012 by VeniVidi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join