It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret US Prisons in Europe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
A Polish television crew discovered just a few days ago evidence of secret prisons operated in eastern Europe by the US Central Intelligence Agency.
Their investigation was sparkled off after a strong White House objection to a bill passed by Congress prohibiting the inhumane treatment of prisoners in US prisons, anywhere in the world.
The jails are known as 'Black Sites,' and house suspected terrorists. Most of the jails are unknown to the hosting nation, I believe, and prisoners are regularly transported illegally across other nations as well.
The allegations sparked protests from across Europe, but as such, no answers have come from the US capital, with the White House neither confirming or denying the existence of these sites.

This thread was started a few days ago, but it only concerns Kosovo.

Other Black Site locations are believed to be in Afganhistan (Salt Pit), Thailand, Diego Garcia, Romania, Poland, North Africa as well as various others in the Mid East - as you would expect.

www.washingtonpost.com...
www.smh.com.au...
en.wikipedia.org...
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
This is also interesting

US acknowledges Europe concern on 'secret prisons'

U.S. President George W. Bush brushed off reporters' questions on whether the allegations would be investigated. "The United States of America does not torture. And that's important for people around the world to understand," Bush said in Texas.

I think I just lost my lunch.

I want my money back.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I think you will find some more useful Informaton in this Thread:

CIA Holds Terror Suspects in Secret "Black Site" Prisons

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Bloody heck. I did a search. But oh well; thread clsoed.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Does anyone think it might not just be terrorists who end up in these secret jails. After all we have prisons for terrorists like Guartanomo Bay and other such places so why do the prisons themselves need to be secret? Yoc can still toture people secretely in a big prison, espically if they are denied contact with other prisoners.
So is the U.S military putting non-violent political people in these jails?

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Quite possibly. Non-violent political people are people that the US would want to keep out of the public's eye, while with suspect terrorists they wouldn't give a damn, as they have licences to arrest them. Not that I'm that knowledgeable in this particular area of law.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Of course one advantage about being dead is that you might know whether or not we are killing non-violent political people. Certainly in the West the authorities might be kind of over loaded; but there's plenty of non-democratic countries in Eastern Europe who might appreciate us dealing with some of their prisoners.

Secret prisons stink because by being secret they limit the possibilities which can justify them. If we are doing human experimentation there would be good place to start. Certainly if two passenger planes didn't hit the world trade centres one has to ask what they did with passengers who did disappear?

Fortunately 911 theorise may still be just that. Unfortunately secret prisons in Europe are not.
Knowing what we know now do you think it’s better to be dead than in our military custody on "terrorism charges"?

Great post watch-the-rocks, keep it up.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I belong to a Yahoo Group seeking information on secret US prisons in Eastern Europe, the Middle East, North Africa and Asia. The group is still very small but we have received info about previously used prison facilities in Thailand.

The issue of safety and security of users came up right away. I don't exactly know how to respond to people that want to contribute but are afraid.

Any info this group could provide would be extremely useful!

groups.yahoo.com...

new topics

top topics

join