It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what are your thoughts on how dreams come to be ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Whats your thoughts on dreams, we know there are dreams, where a message is sent, vision , ect from on high. ive pondered this to, how we can be reached in this way, a message communicated. but also your normal dreams, last night i

had a dream, i was in a holiday town, it was late even after midnight, a lazier light show started , as if hundreds of tracer rounds were being fired in every direction, then all around us, more lights , pyrotechnics, a lot of noise, in color . lit up the sky in the bay, i thought must keep all the birds away . how is such a dream created,? and youre in it.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dwarfflex

i think its a culmination of all the other "yous" in other dimensions that's why sometimes it feels so real, and why deja vu occurs

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dwarfflex

I agree with DocHolidaze and would add that it's also the way the subconscious mind communicates with us.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OneNonBlonde

i like your screen name 4 non blondes does one of my favorite songs she has a pretty voice.......whats up

and to stay on topic maybe are subcoincious is the part of the brain that is connected to the other "yous"

edit on 18-7-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Dreams are so complicated, I have no idea. I do, however, know there is an art to enhancing your dream experience. I have worked on this in the past - it included using bin-aural beats to induce lucid dreaming, for example, and keeping a dream journal (which greatly enhanced dream capabilities, by the way).

In addition, I would work on such skills as increasing the realism of the dream, to the point where some dreams were so real that I could see the individual leaves in the trees and blades of grass on the ground. This was a big improvement from my usual blurry dreams. I am usually aware when I am dreaming, so this allows me to practice other skills as well. My most recent accomplishment was conjuring a hot babe - it was hard and took all of my concentration. It was different than running into another entity in the dream world, because those are usually independent thinkers and aren't always around.

So I would say after thinking about this, that maybe the dreams we normally have are simply unrefined potential, which is why they appear garbled and everything. Maybe finding the true purpose and potential in dreams requires honing your dream skills.

It is kind of like learning to paint or something - when you first start out, what you are making doesn't make any sense or seem to have any purpose, but after a while, you begin to understand more about painting and are able to find purpose and utility in your work.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Double-Post.
edit on 18-7-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Thanks for your reply s

im still baffled how our sub conscious can put us in a dream, with a theme, scenery, people, conversations, people we have never met, places we have never been. ?

top topics

join