It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS:** We don't like Hitler at ATS, not even a little bit.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Springer

But would some use your argument when discussing the "freedom fighter", "hero" islamic extremist versus the sadistic blood-thirsty madman?

The biggest difference is the fact that one is being played out currently and the other is consigned to the annuls of history.

link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Sorry...I don't consider Hitler to be one of history's little creases...a major rip in the fabric of humanity, yes.

Des

link   
Screw Hitler, screw the Nazi's and screw today's Neo-Nazi's.

I wish I was allowed to swear on this forum sometimes, but boo-hoo if the wannabe Nazi's aren't allowed to promote their fascist 'values' - If extreme right wingers are getting upset about this, then maybe they should go back to the late 1930 and early 1940's and see what rights they had then.

---- Hitler. And screw all you little Neo-Nazi scum bags who salute the evil man.

www.lowbird.com...
edit on 17-7-2012 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

link   
Original post edited .. so I edited...
edit on 7/17/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That is a contemporary discussion that history has yet to close the books on. It's an ongoing debate between two factions (probably many more than two) who are currently challenging each other in certain regions of the world for the hearts and minds of the people.

My personal opinion is anyone who seeks to destroy innocent human life is a madman and subhuman, for the moment my opinion is up for debate. My knowledge of Hitler is not, it is historical fact.

Make sense?

S...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Thank you, Springer! I appreciate your stance on this.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
Julius Caesar killed or enslaved half the Gallic population, and he did it purely for gold to pay his debts and further his career. Genocide, in modern terminology.

At the time many people (outside of Rome) probably thought of him as we think of Hitler. A mass-murdering, racist scumbag.

Now, Caesar is one of the West's great heroes.

Funny how history irons out its creases....

Not picking on you FoxMulder but..

In about 2000 years if ATS is still around, maybe people can swoon over Hitler if history ends up writing him in as a "hero".

But for now, he's still an incredible a-hole.

edit on 17-7-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Sorry...I don't consider Hitler to be one of history's little creases...a major rip in the fabric of humanity, yes.

Des

Yeah, the point is: that's probably what people thought of Caesar too, a long time ago.

link   

link   

Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by beezzer

That is a contemporary discussion that history has yet to close the books on. It's an ongoing debate between two factions (probably many more than two) who are currently challenging each other in certain regions of the world for the hearts and minds of the people.

My personal opinion is anyone who seeks to destroy innocent human life is a madman and subhuman, for the moment my opinion is up for debate. My knowledge of Hitler is not, it is historical fact.

Make sense?

S...

Yes. Just wanted clarificaton. On the boards, you have to have a contingency for every possible aspect.
Cheers

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
If extreme right wingers are getting upset about this,

Hitler style facism isn't extreme left or extreme right .. it's in a catagory all it's own.
The 'virtues' of which should be discussed elsewhere ...
otherwise we'll be flooded with neo-nazi idiots spouting off a load of garbage.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I think we need to take a closer look at the 30's and fully understand the mindset of the Nazi party of the time, because I do believe history may well be repeating itself before our eyes.

link   

Bummer, this site was starting to look like Stormfront.

Does this mean the Nazi Black Sun avatars are finally banned too?

link   

deny the Holocaust until somebody knocks some sense into you, we don't want to read about it here.

So we are not allowed to discuss the official story of the Holocaust? Never mind the illogical idea that you must be some sort of Nazi sympathizer to questioning the story.
So what is next? Questioning the official 9/11 report is unamerican and will result in a ban?

I was talking about this in another thread, it seems like ATS is being turned into just an MSM discussion site.

link   

Julius Caesar killed or enslaved half the Gallic population, and he did it purely for gold to pay his debts and further his career. Genocide, in modern terminology.

No, it would be Genocide if he did it purely because they were Gallic.

But by your own admission, he didn't...he did it purely for gold and to further his career.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Yeah, I'm just making a point.

I will always think of Hitler as a scumbag, He bombed my country and killed my relatives.

link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

It's not about you. Stop trying to make it about you. Back away from the mirror, it's skewing your judgement.

Des

link   

Yeah, you are probably right, but the scars that Hitler left are still fresh. His mark is still being wiped from the world and should not be encouraged. Many people's families on this site were affected by one man's lunacy, and I think we should at least be respectful enough to say "no" to promoting Hitler as anything other than the piece of ____ he was. I get where you are coming from, but I don't think it applies here.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Just an observation, but I'm finding that all (?) of the self-proclaimed conservatives on this site applauding this decision.

Kinda throws out the Hitler/conservative correlation.

Carry on.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I wasn't going to acknowledge your obtuseness with a response but, it's obvious you don't get it so I will to end this.

Before you edited your post you made a comment that was a lie, above and beyond the one that still stands in your post, if you can't gather that accusing me of banning whatever I feel like banning is not a good idea then so be it.

For now, get over it before you do get actioned for derailing the thread even further.

S...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join