It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS:** We don't like Hitler at ATS, not even a little bit.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Originally posted by beezzer
Free speech comes with a responsibility.

and that would be?

To shut up about Hitler.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

The motto of ATS is Deny Ignorance. Attempting to not only justify but defend and support actions that could be described in no other way than pure evil goes against what that credo stands for. I think Springer will agree that it is important to discuss figures like Hitler and to look into their motivations. However, it goes too far when one looks at those motivations and comes to the conclusion that Hitler was right and millions of innocent people deserved to die. ATS is about finding the Truth. That becomes impossible when a person is blinded by hate of an entire race of people, many of whom are guilty of nothing more than having been born.

As Springer said, he is not banning discussions related to Hitler or the Nazis. He is merely banning conversations that serve no purpose other than spreading hate-filled ignorance. If you feel like you can't live without discussing what a great guy Hitler was feel free to go to GLP or any number of other sites that have no problem with people spreading such agendas.

link   
reply to post by Springer

No doubt about it, Hitler was a madman. But then, do you know of the atrocities committed by the Muslims as they swept through Europe in the dark ages? Shouldn't you ban all comments about people claiming that Islam is good?

I live in the U.S., and our ancestors once owned slaves! We slaughtered the indians! We dropped atom bombs on innocent people in Japan! Should any display of U.S. patriotism be tolerated here?

Genghis Kahn slaughtered sooooo many people! I mean he cut off their heads. Why isn't the name as infamous as Hitler's?

I dunno, Springer. I applaud your disdain for Hitler, but I think you opened a can of worms with this.

link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Originally posted by beezzer
Free speech comes with a responsibility.

and that would be?

To know was is morally acceptable and what isn't.

I could be on a plane and shout "jihad"! I would then have to accept the responsibility for my actions.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thank you for this. I'm not much for censorship, but really promoting Hitler is beyond ignorant, and will draw the wrong kind of crowd to the site, which at least most of us wouldn't appreciate.

It's not even worthy of discussion... in Dr. Who he is described as the worst war criminal in the history of the universe. Just fiction I know, but it works for me.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Do I think hitler was a bad guy. YES of course he was. He was a coward and a scum bag..... and I hate to say the word but... but.... Like what's the big deal about talking about hitler? Not everyone was agreeing that he was a good guy. The first question I asked on that hitler thread that was "are you a nazi?" I bet that person was a nazi. But still I mean I could be a commi for all you know promoting commi views. I think the whole point is just to keep an open mind and listen to what others have to say. As the owner you can do whatever you want obviously. We have no say. But all I'm saying is that I think most people gravitate to this forum to avoid all the censorship, main stream BS, anti free speach etc etc etc. It doesn't look good when all of a sudden you're not allowed to talk about something. Like my thought is are we to believe how bad the painted Gaddaffi, bin lay din and, sadam too? I just don't see it. I think that tons of that is propaganda. Nearly as many people died under the two Boosh admins than probably did in the concentration camps. But I'll shut up as I don't want to step out of line. If you don't want hitler then no hitler.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice
I really dont care if you own this site...

Don't you realize how absolutely ridiculous that statement is?
He has a right to run his cyber place in any way he sees fit.
Just as you have a right to run your home any way that you see fit.
And he has decided that a bunch of Hitler-luv'n idiots can't spout off their B.S. at HIS website.

If people don't like it .. they can LEAVE. Go play at some neo-nazi chat site.
You all can share-the-hate and feast on it ... ELSEWHERE.

Hitler was a meglomaniac. He was a mass murderer.
He is responsible for the deaths of tens of millions of people.
He is responsible for the suffering of hundreds of millions of others.
He tore the world apart. He is in HELL. It's where he belongs.
No amount of revisionist history propaganda pumped out by a
bunch of ignorant Nazi-luv'n morons drunk on the Elders of Zion hoax
can change that fact.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I was wondering what happened to that thread. I was interested in hearing maybe some of the reasons behind the rise of Hitler other than "official" version of things. I might be new, but I have lurked for years and this really surprises me. So what other material will be subject to emotional censorship? Can there not even be a discussion of possible alternative versions of history? I have noticed the violent backlash of hatred towards "conspiracy" minded people grow. If you don't agree with the official story, you must be a racist or bigot! No alternative discussion on a conspiracy site. Go figure.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
might as well stop talking about all those other bastards who committed mass murder .

its not just the jews that have died around the globe because of an insane individual.

This practice goes back thousands of years.

Eventhough those threads may be ridiculous half the time- its still wrong to tell them they cannot bring to light new information on those subjects.

blah.

What else do you want us to not talk about ?

You should make a laundry list of stuff you dont like.

But more than likely- its probably because of all of your sponsors. So say it like it is and stop trying to sugar coat everything.

- note- I havent even participated in any of those threads because I think they were wrong about certain things that I really didnt feel like arguing at the time. But that doesnt mean that I shouldnt be able to.

- Deny Ignorance.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
In light of what the world has become due to false flags, revisionist history, false reporting, hidden agendas and plain old silencing thru intimidation, I find this choice perplexing, considering what is the life's blood of this site. But as has been said prior, it's your site.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I've been in a couple of these "Hitler was just misunderstood" and "All the great things Hitler did" threads before...
Some people clearly have an agenda and some people are just as thick as ****.

I dunno man.

There are a lot of topics that I would prefer to see "banned" (If I were actually in favour of banning any at all) than "Hitler was awesome" because at least in those threads the OP usually gets their ass handed to them.

It's the "Muslims are evil terrorists" or "Gays are taking over the world and are choosing to be gay" that I find more distasteful because of some of the truly disgusting comments that people type about these groups.... not only these groups but many others including Obama, OWS, Atheists, Christians, Poor people.... the list goes on.

Anyway...

I am glad that we wont have too many more Hitler loving threads.... but as others have said, not sure just outright banning it is the best way... then again it works for all the other topics that are we're "banned" from talking about so I guess you guys know best.

edit on 17/7/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Is it already time to recap the opening post?

Please note, this is NOT a mandate to silence all discussion about the Nazis, Hitler or WWII, so don't reply to this with feigned confusion or indignation over censorship.

This is a mandate about NOT trying to improve Hitler's well deserved reputation as an evil scumbag of history, or, sell him as a "decent guy who really elevated his country", etc...

If you can't understand that, avoiding the topic completely would be your wisest course of action.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

agreed. This is not the nazi site!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Wow, touchy subject....

I understand Springer not wanting to encourage neo-nazis to spout their crap on here, I have to say I'm very disappointed the thread was deleted as there was some great discussion and information contained in it.

In my opinion he should have locked it and given an explanation instead of deleting it? Just my 2c
edit on 17-7-2012 by NeuronDivide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Oh come now, the atrocities of the Muslim occupation of Europe were no more severe than the atrocities the Christians committed on the Crusades

The distinction is that-to say Hitler was some sort of misunderstood hero is NOT the same thing as to discuss the state of religious sects. There are at least two main branches of Islam and sects within-each Imam is basically an independent religious leader. To say Islam or Christianity is good, or to discuss patriotism is not anywhere near the same ballpark as saying a man who took power, betrayed all his initial supporters then went on to slaughter millions from the Jews to Gypsies to Gays and Political Adversaries.. Probably the person who accidentally spilled tea on his rug-That isnt apples to apples, not even apples to elephants.

The topic of Hitler being some sort of hero or messiah is as comedic as it is sinister. It is one thing to talk about specific events within history or even to talk about the differences in pre-leader Hitler and third-reich Hitler. I am sure Pre leader Hitler was prob not that bad of a guy, but he most definitely changed when he got power.

Make no mistake though, the man was a megalomaniacal death machine who's sole purpose seemed to have become-to kill everyone who did not support him. To say he was a hero is just imbecilic denial of reality and reflects poorly on the community at large.

--edit to add:
When something is demonstrably untrue-to remove it or place restrictions on it is protecting content-it is called GOOD EDITORIAL ACTIVITY. Censorship is a beast that is squashing facts and valid opinions. To demand something is true simply because you want to believe it, and be told its bunk-is not censorship, its a reality check.
edit on 17-7-2012 by lordtyp0 because: Added last paragraph

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
No one said anything about not discussing the Holocaust, World War 2 or any such thing.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Would you let the KKK have a meeting on your front lawn.....? NoOoOoOpe

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
So if Springer doesn't like something we now know he can just ban it.
Wonder what he will ban next

Instead of banning it let us shoot down the people who make these claims by good old fashioned debate.
edit on 17-7-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Peanut butter sandwich ban time!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Most here in ATS are not dump and stupid, I see both side of the coin, sadly having threads on discussion of how hitler or even satan was and was not is needed to bring the realities of what history has given us for debate.

Sadly Hitler was part of our world history.

Respecfully marg6043

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join