It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS:** We don't like Hitler at ATS, not even a little bit.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

You, if you don't stop lying. Bet on it.

S...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Are you guys getting complaints from sponsors?

Can you answer me that?

Is your money at risk?

link   

Originally posted by dayve
Would you let the KKK have a meeting on your front lawn.....? NoOoOoOpe

Great analogy...and if he allows it to happen these threads will become commonplace, possibly alienating members of the site who are decent human beings that know that Hitler was evil. Removing these threads early in the game will keep a potentially destructive element from running rampant on the site. It's a strategic move, and makes perfect sense to me, even if I am generally not cool with censorship.

link   
I agree Springer !

We should to the same thing with Bush, Rumsfeld, Dick Cheney, McCain etc ..
anyone thinking those are heroes are no different from people thinking Hitler was a hero

link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Instead of banning it let us shoot down the people who make these claims by good old fashioned debate.

Whether or not Hitler was misunderstood, or really a good guy, is not a topic worthy of discussion for this site. There are plenty of sites out there who would be thrilled to have that discussion.

This is not one of them. Feel free to seek that discussion out elsewhere and counter it there. It's a settled point, here.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I think some here are missing the point. Springer is not saying you can't discuss Hitler or WWII. What you can't do is mislead people into thinking Hilter was a hero because I can promise you he wasn't.

My grandparents were both in concentration camps and I had 2 aunts who died there. And guess what? They weren't even Jewish, they were Polish and Russian. The Nazi's invaded their villages, my grandfather saw his father and brothers shot and killed. They wipe out whole villages! They didn't care about women, children, no one.

Hitler was a mad man and does not need to be put on any pedestal

Thank you Springer for stopping the ignorance... this ignorance needed to stop before it got out of control.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Free speech comes with a responsibility.

*applause*

Yes... It does come with a responsibility.

The responsibility of tolerance.

We must tolerate topics, opinions, and perceptions that we dislike.

If we do not embrace the idea of tolerance then we do not have free speech, despite whatever type of public relations gambit of bait and switch might profess the opposite.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

deny the Holocaust until somebody knocks some sense into you, we don't want to read about it here.

So now questioning the holocaust means you are some type of nazi? Next up-questioning the official report of 9/11 is unamerican and will get you banned.

at it was discussed in this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...
the conspiracy side is fading away.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

What the hell? Now you're threatening to ban people for no reason? What did the guy lie about? This is becoming ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

Can you answer me that?

Is your money at risk?

That really is none of our business...ya know. A decision was make by Springer, he owns ATS. His call, no sharing any other data is needed. His decision is final...accept it.

Des

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NeuronDivide

If you go back and read the member's post...he has edited it.

just sayin'....

Des

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
ATS is like a radio: if you don't like what's being broadcasted, you can turn it off.

This is his web page.

It doesn't matter if he is making money from this sight or not.

If he decided he only wants topics concerning mythical pink unicorns, who fart rainbows it is his choice.

Stop trying to argue in a place where your argument isn't wanted, needed, or considered.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Absolutely not. We don't take direction from "sponsors", we don't have any "sponsors" who talk to us about the content of the site. They either buy space or they don't. Not to mention it's against our TAC and IF you did a little research you'd see it's implicitly stated in our "Information for Advertisers" that we won't limit or remove content to satisfy anyone.

Here's why... One time, years ago our sales agency contacted us about a sizable deal (tens of thousands of dollars) but the advertiser wanted us to remove negative comments about a certain topic, we told our sales guys to never bother us with that B.S. again. They haven't.

This is purely not allowing raging ignorance to spread on our site.

Now, how about your business? What do you do?

S...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

No.

Can you answer me that?

Sure.

Is your money at risk?

No.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Can you answer me that?

Is your money at risk?

That really is none of our business...ya know. A decision was make by Springer, he owns ATS. His call, no sharing any other data is needed. His decision is final...accept it.

Des

Agreed, plus it makes ATS look REALLY bad when we have people sypathizing with Hitler. The question has been raised more than once if ATS is monitored by the FBI etc. Do we really want ATS to have a pro-Hitler image? Really? To those wishing to leave ATS over reasons like this, good luck!

Even Alex Jones doesn't allow people who are for violence to call his radio show, and for good reason. ATS is no different, let's not tarnish our image with pro Hitler stances mmkay?
edit on 17-7-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Hitler is part of all our pasts. Discussions can occur to ensure we do not repeat the past. Getting hung up on the man, specifically detracts from the acts of the time he lived and had an impact upon. Focusing on him as something special or unique is an activity that the Board owners can, and should ban when it takes the form Springer is talking about.
edit on 17-7-2012 by RedDogJT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
so i guess it's less 'deny ignorance' than 'ignore denial' ? all and any censorship of opinion for debate is a fail.

in, of course, my opinion.

link   
reply to post by Destinyone

thanks Des..but I was asking the site owner and Mods.

=)

EDIT -THANKS MOD- =) for answering my question

edit on 17-7-2012 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Springer

What did you expect to happen? ATS is so right wing anymore. So many threads are page after page of one sided (debate?)

Are you really surprised when the right goes to the extreme on this site? This is what ATS admin has created, ATS is not a place known for moderates or left leaning posters like it once was, there is no balance.

ATS hates illegal immigrants (Latinos/Hispanics).

ATS hates Muslims.

ATS hates blacks.

ATS hates Jews.

ATS hates the poor.

ATS hates!

Sensationalism sells and brings in the money.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by boymonkey74

You, if you don't stop lying. Bet on it.

S...

Wow is that a threat? so your going to ban me because I don't agree with your thread? Also tell me where I have lied.
edit on 17-7-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join