It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist terrorists are as bad as any other religious extremist

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs

Originally posted by borntowatch
Yeah you might have me there, a fly turned in to a fly.
I am staggered, what was once a fly is now a fly. I cant comprehend with my ignorant Christian brain a fly morphing/evolving in to a fly. Thats just so amazing. Can you show me the evidence, hang on, I will take your word that a fly can turn in to a fly, I am a trusting guy
Eh, a fly producing flys, come on thats pathetic utterly pathetic.

there are many species of fly. I know it's difficult to understand when you haven't done a single ounce of research about evolution.

We need species changing in to new species not differentiations within species

Your exact quote. When one species of fly turns into another species of fly, that is changing into a new species, whether you like it or not. What, are you expecting the fly to turn into a frog or a cat?

A terrorist is bad, no matter what their beliefs or non beliefs are. Extremists and fundamentalists have been a problem for a long time.
edit on 27-7-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

Extremists atheists have a far larger death toll on their hands, the point of the thread.
Your getting there slowly, thats a good sign you are gaining some knowledge

A fly evolving in to a fly...** chortle ** chortle **, I like the way you think.
keep that up, makes me look good.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

I'm not the one who started a thread that has completely no grounds in reality you fool. Religious ingrates are always trying to push some BS agenda. Get a life and stop believing in Santa Claus.

Peace be with you......or some dumb sh## like that.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

You referenced mao and it was irrelevant in context, pointless.

Really? Because I counted three mentions of the word "God" along with a passioned plea for Chinese people to re-focus their religious fervor towards the good of the State. That's pretty much the very definition of a theocratically inspired despot.

Stalin was an atheist darwinianist Dawkins states in The God Delusion that "What matters is not whether Hitler and Stalin were atheists... (p. 309). So evidently even Dawkins admits Stalin was an atheist, you on the other hand dont? Chortle chortle

So what? Pretty much everybody who could read and write was a "darwinist". It's only been since The Great Derangement began in the US in mid '90's that otherwise educated and seemingly intelligent people began to deny scientific fact en masse.
Similarly, like most despots and dictators of the day, Stalin was much more of a social Darwinist than he was an evolutionary one. LOL. If you're looking for someone to blame for that trend, blame the persistent misunderstandings of Machiavelli's "The Prince" (which was written as a satire...Machiavelli was a COMEDIAN...not a policy-maker) and Frederich Nietzsche's "Will to Power" and "Thus Spake Zarathustra". Those two texts in particular seem to have had quite the effect on European politics. LOL.
Lastly...who the hell cares what Dawkins has to say about it? Why would we assume that a Doctorate of Science is also a trained historian? If you want to evaluate the historical accuracy of my statements...go check them out with one of my peers who also has a Master's degree (or higher) in history.

Pol Pot www.youtube.com...
The video has references and statements that describe PP as a atheist, cant be denied.

Actually...anybody who has even a child's understanding of the history of Southeast Asia can easily not only "deny" the accuracy of the silly YouTube video produced by whoever the hell "nobleeagle100" is supposed to be...but they can also demonstrably prove that the conclusion being derived is utterly false.

The sole shred of evidence in your cited video for Pol Pot not being a Buddhist is the idea that he also killed Buddhists...therefore he must have been an Atheist. This is BEYOND idiotic. I can't help but notice that Christians have killed a few of their fellow Christians over the years...right? Ditto for the Muslims and Hindu's and even the Jews.

In fact...the frequency and tendency for religious nutters to wage wars and genocide against not only other religions but also competing religious SECTS is actually one of the best and strongest arguments for why humanity would do well eradicate these ancient superstitutions for once and all.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

No, no I dont expect a fly to turn in to a lizard, that is what evolution teaches, not what I believe

No that's not what it teaches. It teaches slow gradual change, not a creature spontaneously morphing into a new one. You just proved you know nothing about evolution or classification of organisms. "Fly" isn't a species.

Extremists atheists have a far larger death toll on their hands, the point of the thread.

You still have yet to post the atheist extremist numbers. For someone to be an atheist extremist, they would be required to kill in the name of atheism or non belief in god. The burden of proof is on you to demonstrate this.

Extremists who happen to be atheists VS Extremists who happen to be theists.

Is that seriously the road you plan to travel down and provide numbers for? It would not even be remotely close! Theists have done far more killing and damage than atheists have all in all. There is no question or debate about that fact of reality.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Yeah OK buddy......
Clearly, you must be a victim of some underfunded school district in the crap public school system or something. Can schools really have gone that far downhill?
edit on Sat, 28 Jul 2012 14:22:18 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Yeah OK buddy......
Clearly, you must be a victim of some underfunded school district in the crap public school system or something. Can schools really have gone that far downhill?

Seriously!

I left the thread because this guy has no interest in reality.

Maybe you are right - - - victim of . . . .

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

You referenced mao and it was irrelevant in context, pointless.

Really? Because I counted three mentions of the word "God" along with a passioned plea for Chinese people to re-focus their religious fervor towards the good of the State. That's pretty much the very definition of a theocratically inspired despot.

Stalin was an atheist darwinianist Dawkins states in The God Delusion that "What matters is not whether Hitler and Stalin were atheists... (p. 309). So evidently even Dawkins admits Stalin was an atheist, you on the other hand dont? Chortle chortle

So what? Pretty much everybody who could read and write was a "darwinist". It's only been since The Great Derangement began in the US in mid '90's that otherwise educated and seemingly intelligent people began to deny scientific fact en masse.
Similarly, like most despots and dictators of the day, Stalin was much more of a social Darwinist than he was an evolutionary one. LOL. If you're looking for someone to blame for that trend, blame the persistent misunderstandings of Machiavelli's "The Prince" (which was written as a satire...Machiavelli was a COMEDIAN...not a policy-maker) and Frederich Nietzsche's "Will to Power" and "Thus Spake Zarathustra". Those two texts in particular seem to have had quite the effect on European politics. LOL.
Lastly...who the hell cares what Dawkins has to say about it? Why would we assume that a Doctorate of Science is also a trained historian? If you want to evaluate the historical accuracy of my statements...go check them out with one of my peers who also has a Master's degree (or higher) in history.

Pol Pot www.youtube.com...
The video has references and statements that describe PP as a atheist, cant be denied.

Actually...anybody who has even a child's understanding of the history of Southeast Asia can easily not only "deny" the accuracy of the silly YouTube video produced by whoever the hell "nobleeagle100" is supposed to be...but they can also demonstrably prove that the conclusion being derived is utterly false.

The sole shred of evidence in your cited video for Pol Pot not being a Buddhist is the idea that he also killed Buddhists...therefore he must have been an Atheist. This is BEYOND idiotic. I can't help but notice that Christians have killed a few of their fellow Christians over the years...right? Ditto for the Muslims and Hindu's and even the Jews.

In fact...the frequency and tendency for religious nutters to wage wars and genocide against not only other religions but also competing religious SECTS is actually one of the best and strongest arguments for why humanity would do well eradicate these ancient superstitutions for once and all.

So you are denying Pol Pot was an atheist

and your final comment justifies my statement
Thanks

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Yeah OK buddy......
edit on Sat, 28 Jul 2012 14:22:18 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

Yours is clearly an argument based on facts and logic....just kidding.
Sounds like you are still at school with that reply

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Yeah OK buddy......

Seriously!

Yet here you are...victim...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

No, no I dont expect a fly to turn in to a lizard, that is what evolution teaches, not what I believe

No that's not what it teaches. It teaches slow gradual change, not a creature spontaneously morphing into a new one. You just proved you know nothing about evolution or classification of organisms. "Fly" isn't a species.

You still have yet to post the atheist extremist numbers. For someone to be an atheist extremist, they would be required to kill in the name of atheism or non belief in god. The burden of proof is on you to demonstrate this.

Is that seriously the road you plan to travel down and provide numbers for? It would not even be remotely close! Theists have done far more killing and damage than atheists have all in all. There is no question or debate about that fact of reality.

So your saying that flys dont turn in to lizards, well duh, they turn in to flys.
Flys turning in to flys is not evidence of flys turning in to anything other than flys. What a religious like assumption based on faith
You just proved you know nothing about evolution or species.
A fly evolves in to a fly, duh! Presto evolution.
What next a dog evolves in to a dog, a cat in to a cat.

You do know all dogs come from one common ancestor? Serious question.

The numbers have been posted I wont waste my time again.

Have some fun

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Yeah OK buddy......

Seriously!

Yet here you are...victim...

NO. You are flat out plain ridiculous.

I am here because I observed the name of someone I respect - - and was interested in what was commented.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

So you are denying Pol Pot was an atheist

and your final comment justifies my statement
Thanks

No...I'm not "denying" anything.

I am correctly informing you that Pol Pot was educated as both a Buddhist and a Catholic, and he personally believed in a weird hodgepodge of kooky superstitions in his own special brand of hybridized nuttery which featured elements of Theravedic Buddhism, Catholicism, and ancient, mostly-forgotten, Khmer traditional beliefs, such as the divine power of Destiny (personified) and a modernized version of the Divine Right of Kings which he then used to justify his perceived moral "correctness" of his genocidal slaughters.

...much as any encyclopedia or academically sound historical textbook on planet Earth will confirm for you.

Lastly...how does my desire to see religious beliefs of all kinds eradicated and relegated to the realm of yesteryears mythology make me a "terrorist" or "extremist"? I'm not advocating that this happens by violence or against people's will. Hell...I don't even support evangelizing atheism, unlike my religious counterparts. I think it's important for individuals to stress the importance of separation of church and state in governmental affairs, and should I be part of a discussion on the subject, I most definitely will speak up to correct the inaccuracies of fact and record that the "believers" so frequently spout. However, you won't ever find me knocking on your door trying to "save" you...nor will you find me demanding that we use the Jeffersonian Bible in the courtroom given that the lion's share of Founding Fathers steadfastly denied the divinity of christ, the holy trinity, and in a few cases the existence of ANY sort of god. The latter category being most famously composed of Thomas Paine and John Adams.

I'm just asserting that the sooner humans choose to cast off and remove the disease of religious beliefs which has so plagued us...the better off, less corrupt, and more moral of a civilization we will find ourselves with.

Is a scientist who wants to eradicate polio, smallpox, or other viral diseases a "terrorist" or "extremist"? Usually they are considered humanitarians...aren't they?

You certainly have the right to believe whatever nonsense your heart desires...I'm just saying that the sooner we get rid of this foolish slave-mentality and these completely uneducated ideas (such as that Stalin, Pol Pot, and Mao Tse Tung were atheists--LOL) the better chance humans will have to live in a world worth living in.
edit on 28-7-2012 by milominderbinder because: minor formatting error

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by toxicblud

Atheism is responsible for more deaths than Monotheism?? Are you insane??? Ever heard of the Inquisition, the Salem Witch Trials??? Christianity's blatant disregard for Pagan peoples practices or beliefs in Norway during the Pagan Viking purge??? They destroyed pagan temples and built f####ng churches on the ruins!!!! They've murdered countless innocents in the name of Monotheism!!!!! Listen, Communists happen to be Atheists but have never killed in the name of 'no god' only in the name of Communism to push the package of dictatorship. Their lack of faith has nothing to do with their crimes. What about the 'Jihad' or honor killings??? Have you ever read the Quran?? Some pretty sick beliefs in that trash heap.

I can't even believe you think the way that you do on this matter.

How about that nasty little business called The Crusades? In our folktales the Sherriff of Nottingham was the "bad" guy and King Richard the Lionheart was the "good" guy...right?

Yeah... when on Crusade Richard the Lionheart (Cour de Lion) surrounded the city of Acre and accepted surrender terms from the city's 2700 CIVILIAN inhabitants (mostly women and children at that)...and then proceeded to behead them for no specific reason at all...AND TO HIS OWN ECONOMIC DETRIMENT. "Good" King Richard just decided it would be more amusing to make the Saracen women watch as their children were beheaded THAN ACCEPT SALADIN'S RANSOM WHICH WAS OFFERED FOR THEIR SAFE RETURN.

...and this was just a SINGLE DAY of a THREE HUNDRED YEAR LONG period of slaughter and terror in the name "jesus".

...and atheists and secular humanists are supposed to be history's "bad guys"? Yes...that barbarian Noam Chomsky...what a$$hole, huh?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

So your saying that flys dont turn in to lizards, well duh, they turn in to flys.
Flys turning in to flys is not evidence of flys turning in to anything other than flys. What a religious like assumption based on faith

Have some fun

Yes...all dogs come from a common ancestor...just as all people come from a common ancestor. In fact...ALL VERTEBRATES come from a common ancestor...

Namely, a 500 million year old genetic mutation which we can readily observe the evidence of in the mitochondrial DNA of all known vertebrates on earth today.

That ancestor was...(drum roll)...a lancelet. A 5-7cm long slug-like creature which still today lives in the wet sandy soils of coastal Scotland.

You can read all about it here Link: news.discovery.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

yes...but since when do minor details like understanding the phylogenic classification of living organisms matter when one is clinically insane?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Eugenics...Proudly brought to humanity by atheism...shall we continue.

I wont continue, I have already posted the relevant figures.

Flys turning into flys proves evolution.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
skeptoid.com...

The statement in the link above wraps the argument up nicely from my viewpoint.
The sad part of this whole thread is how atheists and their ilk attack justify and ignore what other have done in its name.
As a religious person and a Christian I can see both sides of the problems related with religion, the good and evil.

The majority of atheists seem to deny everything and ignore the facts point blank, as this thread clearly proves.

I didnt come here to argue evolution and creation just that atheists are a moral- less evil nasty group of people no different to those who claim religion. As explained in the thread title.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Have some fun

A basic biology book, would do you good.

Atheists have been oppressed for thousands of years. Let them believe what they want. What matters is today and the progression that we make as a species. Don't dwell on the past, the numbers actually aren't in your favor. You are just making things up and assuming they are caused by lack of belief in god and then you won't back up anything when asked. Can you prove that eugenics was done in the name of no god?? You can't prove ANY of those killings were. You deny the torturous deaths that have been handed out for blasphemy that were WELL DOCUMENTED in city records. Innocent Native American women and children had their arms and legs chopped off and left to die simply because they had never heard of Jesus. Absolutely disgusting. Whatever helps you sleep at night. I prefer not to make attacking threads on certain group of people for no apparent reason but to start arguments. Good luck to you. I hope you find what you're looking for.
edit on 29-7-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
An atheists have been oppressors for thousands of years utilising extreme violence as well to proselytise their message.
Good luck to you

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

An atheists have been oppressors for thousands of years utilising extreme violence as well to proselytise their message.
Good luck to you

What are you talking about?

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join