It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist terrorists are as bad as any other religious extremist

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
I see no problem with the OP. At least have the nuts to call a spade a spade and condemn the actions of those among you who are just as terrible as those among us who are equally terrible. Why beat around the bush?

I see the OP as being loaded. There are none among me to condemn because I don't belong to any atheist temple, nor do I know of anyone who partakes in the elimination of theists.

edit on 19-7-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

You've been doing nothing but dismissing facts throughout the thread.

It isn't a popularity contest so it really doesn't matter how many agree with you.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

I see no problem with the OP. At least have the nuts to call a spade a spade and condemn the actions of those among you who are just as terrible as those among us who are equally terrible. Why beat around the bush?

I see the OP as being loaded. There are none among me to condemn because I don't belong to any atheist temple, nor do I partake in the elimination of theists.

So then (not necessarily to you, but to atheists in general), quit using weak blanket statements and arguments against theists. The "look how many people religion has killed" argument is completely bogus and hypocritical. Not ALL christians/muslims/jews support killing people either. Something about the golden rule...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I see the OP as being loaded. There are none among me to condemn because I don't belong to any atheist temple, nor do I know of anyone who partakes in the elimination of theists.

This might suprise you dask, this thread this site this world isnt all about you.
This thread is not a personnel address to you, I am not directing my discussion toward you.
I am not condemning you, not directing anything in relation to my OP to you or at you. God bless you, try be a good bloke and try not hurt anyone, thats all I can do so I hope that is what you do as well.
I am not your mother, you are not my agenda. Its not about you personally.

read the thread title again....please...
edit on 19-7-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
This might suprise you dask, this thread this site this world isnt all about you.
This thread is not a personnel address to you, I am not directing my discussion toward you.
I am not condemning you, not directing anything in relation to my OP to you or at you. God bless you, try be a good bloke and try not hurt anyone, thats all I can do so I hope that is what you do as well.

Already have and even commented on it.

I never said it was about me but if it helps you dodge, what can one do. On ATS it's supposed to be about the facts which you keep dismissing and even admit to it.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Already have and even commented on it.

I never said it was about me but if it helps you dodge, what can one do. On ATS it's supposed to be about the facts which you keep dismissing and even admit to it.

Seems to me he/she isn't the one dodging and dismissing facts...
edit on 19-7-2012 by DeadSeraph because: edited for political correctness

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

So then (not necessarily to you, but to atheists in general), quit using weak blanket statements and arguments against theists. The "look how many people religion has killed" argument is completely bogus and hypocritical. Not ALL christians/muslims/jews support killing people either. Something about the golden rule...

So throwing out blanket statements against atheists somehow counters blanket statements against theists? Something about two wrongs not making a right...

Seriously though, vocal minorities are just that.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

So throwing out blanket statements against atheists somehow counters blanket statements against theists? Something about two wrongs not making a right...

Seriously though, vocal minorities are just that.

The OP contains no blanket statements. It is full of facts. Facts which the OP has backed up, over and over, with little to no support, against a veritable army of ATS atheists. Judging by the star count alone in this thread, you are the vocal majority.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Please your opinion of the OP is just as biased as those arguing against. Whenever a fact is posted the OP just dismisses it. I already posted my position that those responsible for deaths in the name of god and in the name of atheism were just using whatever moved the masses at the time. Maybe not clearly enough though.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

reply to post by DeadSeraph

Please your opinion of the OP is just as biased as those arguing against. Whenever a fact is posted the OP just dismisses it. I already posted my position that those responsible for deaths in the name of god and in the name of atheism were just using whatever moved the masses at the time. Maybe not clearly enough though.

So then we agree

And in principle, you agree with the OP. Why the argument?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

So then we agree

Because it is no different than atheists blaming religion for the deaths. They are both right about the murders taking place but they miss the real reason because they are too busy pointing out the bad guy or something about the bad guy that they wish to demonize.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

So then we agree

Because it is no different than atheists blaming religion for the deaths. They are both right about the murders taking place but they miss the real reason because they are too busy pointing out the bad guy or something about the bad guy that they wish to demonize.

Precisely.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

The OP contains no blanket statements. It is full of facts. Facts which the OP has backed up, over and over, with little to no support, against a veritable army of ATS atheists. Judging by the star count alone in this thread, you are the vocal majority.

Actually the OP contains this blanket statement:

Seems from where I sit atheists are as extreme as any fundamentalist group, more violent with less values.

Not "atheist terrorists" or "atheist extremists" but atheists in general. The rest of the thread is no better than atheists accusing religion of the murders committed in their names. That is why I posted that two wrongs don't make a right.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Actually the OP contains this blanket statement:

Seems from where I sit atheists are as extreme as any fundamentalist group, more violent with less values.

Not "atheist terrorists" or "atheist extremists" but atheists in general. The rest of the thread is no better than atheists accusing religion of the murders committed in their names. That is why I posted that two wrongs don't make a right.

Touche, sir.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SpookyVince

No not really. The target of most of the atheists wrath were those who believed in God. That philosophy they found objectionable and wanted it stamped out. To this day communists kill torture and imprison christians and folks of other faiths. Chinese prisons and North Korean gulags are filled with christians put there precisely because of their faith.

This is exactly the same sort of inquisition that the atheists accuse christians of. However they managed to kill a lot more. They are even more blood thirsty than pagan religions such as the catholic church.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

In the context of the thread and within the title its clear to me but just for you

Oops I made a mistake, been known to do that.

So, my apologies Mr Perfect, as you can see clearly by the thread title and within context the message is aimed directly at Atheist terrorists, not the standard atheist.

Petty and pointless squabbles. You seem to want to justify this violent atheism and that makes you not so different to those you want to defend.

edit on 20-7-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Petty and pointless squabbles. You seem to want to justify this violent atheism and that makes you not so different to those you want to defend.

Being that I already stated that I believe them to be no better or worse than their religious counterparts, I fail to see how you can claim that I am defending anyone.

What I am doing is pointing out the fallacy that these people acted on their convictions instead of just killing in the name of (insert whatever is popular to move the masses here) to gain or maintain power. No better and no worse than those who profess a belief in god but operate in the same fashion and also with disregard for human life.

edit on 20-7-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Being that I already stated that I believe them to be no better or worse than their religious counterparts, I fail to see how you can claim that I am defending anyone.

What I am doing is pointing out the fallacy that these people acted on their convictions instead of just killing in the name of (insert whatever is popular to move the masses here) to gain or maintain power. No better and no worse than those who profess a belief in god but operate in the same fashion and also with disregard for human life.

The problem is that you are not just mistaken, but dangerously wrong with regards to the motives of atheists and their allies the communists. Consider this quote from Lunacharsky, the first Soviet commissar for education,

"We hate Christianity and Christians; even the best of them must be looked upon as our worst enemies. They preach love of our neighbors and mercy, which is contrary to our principles. Down with the love of our neighbor; what we want is hatred"

The atheists specifically targeted christians, viewing them as their enemies BECAUSE of their beliefs. I rest my case.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

And how is this different that any one group being stirred up to go against another group by tugging at their heartstrings?

It has already been posted, by both sides, that when Stalin needed popular support during WWII he had no problem letting the church operate in the USSR. So they tore it down when it seemed the popular thing to do and they later propped it up because that had become the popular thing to do.

They just say they are for it or against it to move the masses.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Man - this gets tiring.

Atheist means one thing only - - Lack of Believe in a God/Deity. It is not a verb - it has no action.

Lack of Believe in a God/Deity is NOT anti-god. To be anti something - you'd first have to acknowledge it exists.

Any person who claims Atheist (Lack of Belief in a God/Deity) - - - is individual and can on their own believe/think whatever they want. There is no Atheist belief doctrine to follow.

A person claiming to be Atheist - - - - can have an individual philosophy about anything - - - as long as god is not part of it.

If you have 5 people who share a philosophy - - then you have 5 people who share a philosophy.

Atheism is not a philosophy.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join