It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil War? Updated DHS purchase list.. 856 MILLION rounds of ammo..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

I know this topic has been reported on, but a recent new article on the updated list, or the most comprehensive list of ammo purchases has been posted at intelhub.

STORY HERE

As you go down the list at the link, you will notice certain rounds that are for nothing but killing people and inflicting maximum damage, and against the Geneva Convention.. they dont want to wound anybody.. if you are shot, they want you to die, simple as that.

We heard 450 million rounds for Glock pistols..

This new list totals over 856 million rounds... along with other purchases..

This astonishing amount of purchased ammunition has lead many to speculate and believe that homeland security is actively preparing for what they believe will be a bloody and extremely violent American uprising and or civil war.

When you couple this large scale buildup of ammo with bulletproof checkpoints, law enforcement bulletins labeling everyday Americans as possible terrorists, and a series of videos that painted middle class Americans as the new Al Qaeda you can clearly see that at least portions of DHS are planning for some sort of violent confrontation with the American people.

This information is very disheartening... It does make one wonder WHAT just sort of hell on earth do these DHS folks have planned, or are planning for, "just in case"???

Whatever their reasoning, the "tea leaves" are telling me that a whole lot of hurt is coming for the peasants.

The air globally is becoming "pregnant", at times, (due to media hype), we feel a bit fearful the idiots might actually start a HUGE war... ready to birth a superpower conflict even! If they keep the insanity going a bit longer!

Then we see a Secretary of State, threatening countries and saying they "will pay the price of supporting Syria".

I thought the dang position of Sec of State, was one of constantly seeking peace and diplomacy, NOT WAR THREATS, or some such heated rhetoric, eh??

The whole mess seems to be coming quite unglued recently, and the warhawks seem to be leading the charge, and winning the "permission struggle", for more war.

Despite Russia saying no way Jose"... aint gonna happen.. shipping S-300 units as we speak to Syria.

Not sure what they expect here inside the country except maybe some very disgruntled citizens for this much larger list of ammo purchases????

Sigh.... it just looks a bit darker with this expansive shopping list

Pravdaseeker

edit on 16-7-2012 by pravdaseeker because: typo

edit on 16-7-2012 by pravdaseeker because: fix caps in title

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Just think how much of that ammo is used in training
Every year they replace all there ammo and again so many bullets are used in training.
if you do the math that each DHS employee get, it really isn't that much

And if i remember right type of bullets used are only restricted when it comes to war so its perfectly legal and not against the hague convention
edit on 16-7-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
450 million rounds for 200000 employees is 225, 10 round clips per employee

seems excessive and obviously not every employee carries a glock

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by pravdaseeker

Run for the hills.........
Why don't you and the rest of the round corner brigade just give it a rest.

2nd

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Most rounds are shot in training

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Hollow points are used in training? At the range I go to they make you shoot FMJs.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

It isnt practical to use the more expensive hollow points for target practice but given the financial irresponsibility in government it wouldnt surprise me either (since some insist that one should practice with the same ammo as you carry). Can anyone with knowledge of DHS or other ''ABC agencies'' confirm this policy or not?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

Hello Bixxi3, ATS Readers, Writers,

I can see your point, and the only reason I posted it was because of the expanded list, and additional amount by umpteen million rounds.

The only thing that does not make sense is, YOU DO NOT buy much more expensive hollow point rounds, and 223 "ENHANCED PERFORMANCE" bullets to practice with! Just an example from the list that shows that the "its just for practice", rebuttal a bit weak.. but practice it is.. nothing else..lol... I doubt that seriously.

The bullet proof booths, road blockading barriers, etc, and OTHER equipment bought, are just for practice as well? I doubt that seriously too.. but oh well, to each their own. Of course, I hope nothing comes of it, but it is unprecedented in scope.

It is when you look at the whole picture it becomes a bit more sinister, and not so innocent as some would like to believe.

The potential is there for a ugly situation down the road.. I think it bears notice and concern..other may not. Which is cool, whatever.

Posted for the more info it contained, NOT in the vein of to create "panic" amongst the peasants..lol.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I see what your saying but i really think this is a case of horrible bureaucracy that seems to plague the DHS.

The Department of Homeland Security has been dogged by persistent criticism over excessive bureaucracy, waste, ineffectiveness and lack of transparency. A House of Representatives subcommittee estimated that as of September 2008 the department has wasted roughly $15 billion in failed contracts.[49] In 2003, the department came under fire after the media revealed that Laura Callahan, Deputy Chief Information Officer at DHS with responsibilities for sensitive national security databases, had obtained her advanced computer science degrees through a diploma mill in a small town in Wyoming. The department was blamed for up to $2 billion of waste and fraud after audits by the Government Accountability Office revealed widespread misuse of government credit cards by DHS employees, with purchases including beer brewing kits, $70,000 of plastic dog booties that were later deemed unusable, boats purchased at double the retail price (many of which later could not be found), and iPods ostensibly for use in "data storage"

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Spam Removed by Staff
edit on 12/3/2016 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I'm a new member here, but is it possible that they are buying as much as they can get away with to keep as many of us from getting our hands on it as possible (ya'know, like an Internet dns attack)?
Or is it possible that some of this ammo is walking across the border to go in some of the guns that got "lost" in fast and furious?
Just a couple ideas..

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
All of those items make sense in the context of what DHS actually is. I mean this isn't just TSA, they are a large number of previously separate federal agencies under a central supply chain now. Here are a few from their own .gov website:

Customs and Border Protection
Federal Emergency Management Agency
Immigration and Customs Enforcement
Transportation Security Administration
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
U.S. Coast Guard
U.S. Secret Service
Office of Inspector General

Bullet proof booths sound right for the Secret Service. Things like the White House gates come to mind...but they guard so much more than just that. The Coast Guard alone could eat the ammo budget if they got sloppy..and when they are shooting Uncle's dime, why not shoot the real carry ammo? Everyone would LIKE to shoot what they carry but who can normally afford it? Well, DHS. Thats who. lol...

(Hollow Points are real necessary, but the way, unless you would imagine the secret service protecting the President and just mowing down the crowd like tall grass in a major incident)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Good post really doesgive more of a context on things.

But it seems we have our head in the sands lol
instead of high in the clouds

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The national flag should be a fleet of black helicopters under a chemtrailed sky and an ostrich with its head in the sand.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
wow, must be budget time again
we see these same posts over and over again
all with the same ring

did anybody think that maybe bullets are sold for cash?
come on you can acquire bullets on a budget then sell them for cash and never shoot a round, OOOPS
kinda spoils Alex Jones's rant, ooooops!!!
edit on 16-7-2012 by rebellender because: I have sticky keys

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
First off, hollow point ammunition makes for excellent training rounds. 1. It's the same round as duty carry. 2. The penetration is less, so less chance of penetration past a backstop. The bullets disintegrate, or expand upon impact slowing the rate of travel rapidly. I target shoot with hollow point as the prefered choice. The price difference is not that huge when buying in mass quantities, and to them, it's free tax payer dollars anyway. They don't care about cost.

Secondly 850 million rounds with the relatively few number of active duty officers spread over even all the departments versus, and this is just guess work here, over 200 million privately owned guns in the US. Lets say we the people have just 1 box of ammo for each gun on hand, and a box is 20 rounds, that's 4 billions rounds in private hands. Overall, I'm being fairly conservative in my estimates. As I, like most "gun nuts" have much more than 1 box on hand. Alot of us reload our own even.

Possibly then we could figure the private army of our citizenry has more than 4 times the ammo, and many times the manpower of our would be civil war counterparts.

Bring it on NWO!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pravdaseeker

*slowly lights his cigarette*

I'll be nice and wait for them to get more.

I like to fight fair.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
While I would say it is kind of an excessive amount most of it is used in training...It would depend how often they go to the range. I am sure each department is different, the Coast Guard probably shoots more than say, DHS food inspectors (are they even armed)...3 15 round mags a week would be 45 rounds. In a 50 week year that would be 2,250 rounds per person. Most probably don't go to the range that much, depends on department/mission/job duties.

Also, most LEO's when they go to train or qualify, do use their service round (which is usually hollow point). They perform a little different then FMJ....most civies/private gun owners practice with FMJ, and the carry concealed or for home defense will then load HP.

Note...HP does cause more damage, but they also penetrate less...so they are less likely to exit the target and kill/injure someone behind the target....also a little less likely to go through a wall (depending on construction) and keep their energy......so they are actually better to carry to protect by standers.

Even still 800+million of DHS is an overly large order...could be stocking up while the price of metals are down...compared to what they will be
edit on 16-7-2012 by SrWingCommander because: content add

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
DHS buying pistol rounds amuses me greatly. Odds are they would not get close enough to use them on me since my rifles shoot much further then their pistols.
Still that data still sounds like a training issue. Very easy to shoot through hundred of rounds of ammo for one person in a day shooting.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

Hi Bixxi3, ATS Readers, Writers,

One could certainly pray that your assessment is correct.

Let us hope it is nothing but as you say..

My guts say WATCH OUT... and am sleeping with "one eye open"..lol.

Things can get weird almost over night these days..

Pravdaseeker

top topics

<<   2 >>

join