It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus ever experience or go through periods of doubt?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I no longer believe no. I am stating how I understand the bible from my personal reading. When I was a believer I never believed they were the same entity. That stance has never made any sense to me.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by drivers1492
reply to post by jhill76

I no longer believe no. I am stating how I understand the bible from my personal reading. When I was a believer I never believed they were the same entity. That stance has never made any sense to me.

They are separate entities, I am not saying they are one, they are one in the sense of both occupying the same vessel. Jesus just had Fathers spirit within him. You cannot come from above without another from above acting as the spirit.

I am sorry to see you have lost belief.
edit on 17-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Why not? Does he not have his own spirit? Or is not his own spirit? I don't understand why you say that he could not have been his own unique entity.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Lol It never ceases to amuse me when xtians try to perform mental gymnastics to try explain away that one sentence

Mental gymnastics?

It's Psalm 22, or as much of Psalm 22 as a man being suffocated to death can reasonably be expected to recite. The Psalm is an invictus poem, written by Jesus' ancestor, appropriate enough to the occasion, and expresses the antithesis of doubt.

Hell's bells, I'm an agnostic and I can figure that one out. Presumably, a Christian apologist wouldn't have much trouble with it, either.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

Why not? Does he not have his own spirit? Or is not his own spirit? I don't understand why you say that he could not have been his own unique entity.

When man comes here, they are split down the middle to become two entities. The controlling human side is one, and the soul is the spirit. When one from above comes here, they are whole. But, another will come with them, to act as the spirit. Jesus is his own spirit.

Usually when one from above comes they have three parts to the body. Self, spirit, and vessel (this is another entity to stand in your place when you need to return back above, the vessel will control the body because the body must still eat, sleep, and waste.) When I use the word vessel it could mean the physical body, or the entity that controls the body (a barebones spirit just to act as you, should self have to return above).
edit on 17-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

What are you basing this information on? And, ty for your concern about my losing my faith.
2nd line

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

What are you basing this information on? And, ty for your concern about my losing my faith.
2nd line

From what is. This comes direct from above, on how things work when another comes from above.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Ok, still not understanding. Am I to assume you are in direct contact with above or something along those lines?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

Ok, still not understanding. Am I to assume you are in direct contact with above or something along those lines?

No, I do not channel, speak to spirits, or anything along those lines. Something very different.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Right on. I will that bit alone then.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by drivers1492

If you had any true memory of where he was from and who he truly was there is no room for him to doubt.

But, being away from your environment, and coming down here, without the safeguards, the beauty, and everything else from above, one might slightly doubt. It's like walking into a ghetto coming from prestige (not the best example). It may not even be full doubt, but maybe curiosity and cautious.

Without any safeguards????

12 legions of angels isn't a "safeguard"? 1 angel alone killed 185,000 enemy soldiers in 1 night. Don't u remember the conversation Christ had with Peter when He allowed Himself to be arrested?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

Here's the rub though. Was he divine or simply a man.

Why could He not be both?

edit on 17-7-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Without any safeguards???? 12 legions of angels isn't a "safeguard"? 1 angel alone killed 185,000 enemy soldiers in 1 night. Don't u remember the conversation Christ had with Peter when He allowed Himself to be arrested?

Not those safeguards. Yes, he had protection. I am speaking on the aspect of environment. But, above, there is no evil, no strife, etc. coming here, those things are present.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Without any safeguards???? 12 legions of angels isn't a "safeguard"? 1 angel alone killed 185,000 enemy soldiers in 1 night. Don't u remember the conversation Christ had with Peter when He allowed Himself to be arrested?

Not those safeguards. Yes, he had protection. I am speaking on the aspect of environment. But, above, there is no evil, no strife, etc. coming here, those things are present.

I wouldn't say He had no safeguards, that's ludicrous. Not only was He the Son of God, He allowed Himself to be arrested. He could have passed right through the crowd of soldiers or any threats had He chosen to do so. Thats like a pitbull being scared of an ant colony.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I wouldn't say He had no safeguards, that's ludicrous. Not only was He the Son of God, He allowed Himself to be arrested. He could have passed right through the crowd of soldiers or any threads had He chosen to do so. Thats like a pitbull being scared of an ant colony.

Again, I am not saying "he" didn't have any, I am talking about the environment of Earth, not being the same as above.

But, being away from your environment, and coming down here, without the safeguards, the beauty, and everything else from above, one might slightly doubt.

When I say one might, I am talking about anyone from above, not particularly Jesus right here. I would have stated him specifically, if I was talking only about him.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
He was God in human flesh.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

reply to post by jhill76

Your assertion that he was god in flesh makes him divine. Therefore not simply a man like me. The divinity makes a distinction.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

reply to post by jhill76

Your assertion that he was god in flesh makes him divine. Therefore not simply a man like me. The divinity makes a distinction.

That was the entire point of the incarnation. To add humanity to his divinity.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

So were the infancy gospels detailing Jesus Christ's life as a boy true? Or like anything else in this world, truthful to a degree?

What I found interesting in one of the infancy gospels is that Jesus met Judas as a boy, and Judas, from the start, always had his strife with Christ.

Anyways, if Jesus Christ had no doubts, then why did he ask Father, Why have you forsaken me? Is it because the Son was feeling the unfathomable amount of pain to his flesh? Was it because Christ felt the pain in humanity?
Was it because Jesus Christ was fearful that Father would wipe out everything out of existence?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

You brought up a point no one here has made. When he was on the cross, everyone above, thought he was going to end it all. Did Brother think this as well, yes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join