It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus ever experience or go through periods of doubt?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by jhill76

yes he did. Everybody has a bit of doubt every now and then including Jesus. If he didn't, he may as well be a fairytale hero.

Who is the real hero? The person who everything is easy for and have all the information and no doubt and does what he is told or the person who everything is hard for and have a lack of information and many doubts but will not stop doing what is the right thing in spite of the pain it causes him.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by jhill76

How can one doubt physical pain?

He feared what was to come...

Not using that verse, could fear be doubt? For instance. Father says I will be alright, I walk into a lions den, but yet I fear the lions. Am I doubting Fathers word, by being fearful?
edit on 15-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

Daniel would have something to say about that and he isn't a Christ

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Years ago I got to thinking, that if I had surrounded myself with 12 friends to impart great Spiritual Knowledge to them, with hopes that they would do the same, and then sometimes, despite great teaching, they looked at me with dumb faces like they couldn't understand a word I was saying, and to top it off, one would turn me into the authorities and another not even publicly acknowledge he was my friend, then, yes, I could get pretty doubtful. I'm pretty sure Jesus had his doubts at times.

And how many times have I asked for what I thought was best and felt totally unanswered in my request? And yet I was humbled to end up receiving what I truly needed. I think Jesus perfectly understood all this. Also perfectly understanding that even though He could suffer at the hands of man's cruelty, He knew in His Heart that He had lived His Life as it was meant to be, but the time was up, and He had to continue on In Spirit.

What he had no doubt about at the end was that His friends He taught would continue to teach great Spiritual Knowledge, as that was their Life's work. Spirit would offer strength and wisdom to them.

I think at the end of His Life, Jesus perfectly understood, as was said at the beginning of His Life, that, for People of Good Will, there would be Peace.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
No one would ever know since Jesus didn't write his own scripture for whatever reason.

edit on 15-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

The reason was probably because he was a figment of someones' imagination and remains so to this day

"Me, Me why have you forsaken me ?"

Lol It never ceases to amuse me when xtians try to perform mental gymnastics to try explain away that one sentence, I cringe with embarrasement for them.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

Very well said!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by Akragon

Jesus was tested here just like everyone else, was he not? Perhaps God wanted to find out how far is trust in him would go?

If Jesus is God, why would God need to test himself?

He wasn't testing himself, he was testing us and he has been from the very beginning.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Are you saying God made them kill Jesus?

How was this Gods wrath?

He gave up his own life per John 10 for his sheep, and for his future sheep to come. When death claimed him, it couldn't hold him because it wasn't possible for death to hold him and Yahuwah Elohim's anger unleashed on death and judged it and this is why death is going into Gehenna with the one who caused it, Heylel.

Heylel is death, the Destroyer and I think he is also the "Angel of Death" because Death did not exist until his deception at the beginning.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianJihad

Originally posted by RealSpoke
No one would ever know since Jesus didn't write his own scripture for whatever reason.

edit on 15-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

The reason was probably because he was a figment of someones' imagination and remains so to this day

"Me, Me why have you forsaken me ?"

Lol It never ceases to amuse me when xtians try to perform mental gymnastics to try explain away that one sentence, I cringe with embarrasement for them.

So you came here to talk about someone that never existed, that makes alot of sense
. Why do you bother fighting something that doesn't exist if it doesn't exist anyway hm? I would say you are crazy person for fighting a figment of someone's elses imagination. If i were an atheist (and i was pretty close to it 2 years ago) i wouldn't care to talk about something that didn't exist to me anyway. So obviously you believe enough in him to fight him, otherwise you would not care.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

So you came here to talk about someone that never existed,

I talk about Batman, Smurfs etc what's the problem ?

Why do you bother fighting something that doesn't exist if it doesn't exist anyway hm? I would say you are crazy person for fighting a figment of someone's elses imagination

Who the hell is fighting an imaginary being ? I merely debate the deluded big difference bro, it's an effort to protect my family from the lunatics that would force their delusional beliefs upon them.

At least we are in accord that the jesus character is imaginary .

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I was actually fearful of my words to a friend of my mine that was a former Christian; he was born and raised in the church, but when his father passed away in an accident as a child, he lost his faith. He brought up an issue of not being perfect, I told him that even Christ wasn't perfect, he asked Father why he had forsaken him close to his last breath on the cross. I kind of rationalized it to Jesus Christ holding the cumbersome yoke that was impossible for man to achieve; Jesus Christ was bearing the pain of all the sins of the world, past, present and future. Well, I've been replaying that moment in my head and constantly doubting if what I said was right and true.

Jhill, I somehow kind of knew that you were going to quote that specific bible verse of Jesus Christ crying on the cross.

I'd like to see others opinion on this matter.
edit on 17-7-2012 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

My opinion on the cross was at that point He was in our place. It's the only place He ever refers to Father as "my God".

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I told him that even Christ wasn't perfect

He was perfect in the sense of not doing anything wrong, yes. But, when he was younger he made human mistakes, but not sins.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

My opinion on the cross was at that point He was in our place. It's the only place He ever refers to Father as "my God".

John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and [to] my God, and your God.

Your statement isn't true. He does actually say it elsewhere as well as make strong points about the father. Which for christian folk is your father or god.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Did jesus doubt? Personally I would have to say no. If you had any true memory of where he was from and who he truly was there is no room for him to doubt. I mean seriously, you know you are the son of the most powerful thing in existence and have his power at least to some extent how would you honestly have any doubt at all.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by drivers1492

Thank u, I stand corrected.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

If you had any true memory of where he was from and who he truly was there is no room for him to doubt.

But, being away from your environment, and coming down here, without the safeguards, the beauty, and everything else from above, one might slightly doubt. It's like walking into a ghetto coming from prestige (not the best example). It may not even be full doubt, but maybe curiosity and cautious.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Personally I don't think so. I do think he would have experienced fear to some extent knowing he was going to die in a very distasteful fashion, but if he knew who he was then I can't see where he would doubt.

Here's the rub though. Was he divine or simply a man. I am making my assertions on face value scripture others of course will argue that. That single point would sway whether or not he would have been firmly planted or not in my eyes.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Here's the rub though. Was he divine or simply a man. I am making my assertions on face value scripture others of course will argue that. That single point would sway whether or not he would have been firmly planted or not in my eyes.

He was both. He was Jesus taking on a human vessel, with God acting as his spirit. When one from above comes here, they have their self, and another from above acting as their spirit. As above don't have souls, like man does. But, with Brother, he was the only one to have Father acting as his spirit, this is why he said we are one.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

There we disagree. I would say he did have some guidance from above but I see him as a completely unique entity. While he is in agreement with his father and is one in that aspect he is unique in existence.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by drivers1492
reply to post by jhill76

There we disagree. I would say he did have some guidance from above but I see him as a completely unique entity. While he is in agreement with his father and is one in that aspect he is unique in existence.

So you do not believe his claims? Or, what was written about him?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join