It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus ever experience or go through periods of doubt?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Very interesting. I do not see how others claim he made no mistakes or didn't have to learn anything. Beyond me.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
From what we think we know based on scriptures of others accounts about this jesus character , One would assume alot of things , He was quite the character , did some remarkable things supposedly .

Now if your "son of god " , gone through a bunch of miracles , and you know what is coming, the forsaken me comment wouldn't be one of them. It would be of something else. Perhaps it wasn't jesus on the cross who said it , But someone else like some muslims believe. Now if you take into account what people thought they say , and recorded by whatever means available at the time. You can clearly see , a man who is on the cross , with someone elses sins on his shoulders , about to die , looking at the sky and saying wtf god ..

the real jesus , would be like yup , this is just what i knew would happen , perhaps i should use my last dying words on the cross , to tell the few people around more about god , and what to do for after he is gone . But nooo...he says something silly , like he didn't see it coming lol .

If your on a suicide mission, that you know is coming and you agree too. Those are not the words.

Matthew 14:31

31 Immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and took hold of him, and * said to him, “aYou of little faith, why did you doubt?”

Matthew 21:21

21 And Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, aif you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen.

Mark 11:23

23 “aTruly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is going to happen, it will be granted him.

he supposedly said alot of things , that can be interperted 100 ways from sunday , with every excuse in the book to justify why some of it , not as it seems
edit on 15-7-2012 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

yes he did. Everybody has a bit of doubt every now and then including Jesus. If he didn't, he may as well be a fairytale hero.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Well, I think that everyone is missing one very fundamental aspect of scripture where Jesus doubts. Firstly, let me say that I agree with the poster who said that the OP had answered his own question, because I do think that those are examples of Jesus' doubt.

However, perhaps a more obvious example are the temptations of Christ while he was in the wilderness. He WAS tempted. The fact that He was tempted means He doubted, if only momentarily, but the lesson is that He overcame that temptation.

Jesus experiencing doubt doesn't remove the perfection of His story to us, but rather connects Him to us through His own sense of humanity. It's beautiful, and should lend us comfort as well as encouragement to overcome doubt in our own lives. Peace....

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

Jesus experiencing doubt doesn't remove the perfection of His story to us, but rather connects Him to us through His own sense of humanity.

I was waiting for someone to bring this up, good point.
edit on 15-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Jesus was human on earth and i believe it was probably pain that made Him say that.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Then is this statement correct, or can you expound a little?

Were Jesus not tested, he would not have been found suitable to be a sacrifice for the sins of all.

Or was it for the benefit of man's faith that Jesus also be tested?
edit on 7/15/2012 by visualmiscreant because: added question

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Not necessarily "doubt", but He was scared knowing the full wrath of Father was coming upon Him the next day. He knew that its a terrible thing to be in the judgment of God, and He was about to experience it, the full cup.

edit on 15-7-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Are you saying God made them kill Jesus?

How was this Gods wrath?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
No one would ever know since Jesus didn't write his own scripture for whatever reason.

He stated why. He said if He testified of Himself His testimony wouldn't be valid. He let others offer their testimony about Him. In the mouth of two or three witnesses..

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Are you saying God made them kill Jesus?

How was this Gods wrath?

No.. lol, the wrath of God came in where His Spirit went for those 3 days. In the heart of the Earth. And God didn't make them kill Jesus. He allowed Himself to be put to death, He said no man takes His life, that He offered it freely.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by visualmiscreant

Were Jesus not tested, he would not have been found suitable to be a sacrifice for the sins of all.

From a standpoint of him being sent, he would have always completed his task. But, it may have been earlier or later. Once you pass your test, you are then sent on your way to complete task. (This is for all, man and above)

Jesus had to be tested to ensure, all that he learned while being a human was fully understood to him. Man only has a few of those tests written not all, so I am speaking as a collective of all tests. Testing is done for above, to show them (when they helped), that they succeeded or failed (translating this into human terms, above doesn't classify help as success or failure), and for the individual to bring to the surface all that they have learned, if that makes sense.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BBobb
Well, I think that everyone is missing one very fundamental aspect of scripture where Jesus doubts. Firstly, let me say that I agree with the poster who said that the OP had answered his own question, because I do think that those are examples of Jesus' doubt.

However, perhaps a more obvious example are the temptations of Christ while he was in the wilderness. He WAS tempted. The fact that He was tempted means He doubted, if only momentarily, but the lesson is that He overcame that temptation.

Jesus experiencing doubt doesn't remove the perfection of His story to us, but rather connects Him to us through His own sense of humanity. It's beautiful, and should lend us comfort as well as encouragement to overcome doubt in our own lives. Peace....

Doubt is unbelief. And anything not of faith is sin. Temptations are enticements, satan was trying to prey on His desires and hunger. I cannot ascribe "doubt" as we think of the word. Because anything not of faith is sin. His extreme faith and desire to do the Father's will over His own will helped guide Him through each temptation. My opinion.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

From a standpoint of him being sent, he would have always completed his task. But, it may have been earlier or later. Once you pass your test, you are then sent on your way to complete task. (This is for all, man and above)

Jesus had to be tested to ensure, all that he learned while being a human was fully understood to him. Man only has a few of those tests written not all, so I am speaking as a collective of all tests. Testing is done for above, to show them (when they helped), that they succeeded or failed (translating this into human terms, above doesn't classify help as success or failure), and for the individual to bring to the surface all that they have learned, if that makes sense.

Understood! Thanks for your time...

Had to come back to say this makes loads of sense to me considering my present life situation. Thanks again...
edit on 7/15/2012 by visualmiscreant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Had to come back to say this makes loads of sense to me considering my present life situation.

I forgot to mention what happens if you don't pass your tests.

- You are given another chance, at a later time to prove self.
or (Extreme Cases)
- Items are removed (people, possessions, etc) so that you may learn. People learn the best when they are out of their environment, or complacency is taken away.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I'm not going to tell you I have my situation firmly in hand, but you've helped me understand something that I was missing. In understanding that, I think I have a better chance of wrestling this thing out. Faith has for the most part been second-nature to me, but as I get older patience has been somewhat of a problem. Not a major problem, just a problem. After losing two wives by the age of 42, life became precious to me; every minute meant something more to me. Hence the impatience...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I know that you will, you have more backing you, than you know.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

You've been a help to me many times my friend; goodnight...

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by jhill76

I believe the second one would be fear... not doubt.

This is why he sweat blood... its possible during periods of extreme stress

Is fear not doubt?

Do not have to be. Fear can be the body reacting but the mind can still be 100% sharp and not caring about the body. Spirit over mind and mind over body.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Jesus was tested here just like everyone else, was he not? Perhaps God wanted to find out how far is trust in him would go?

If Jesus is God, why would God need to test himself?

Part of god. You cannot physicly be a part and be the whole at the same time. But you can be a messanger of the whole and experiance the whole. You can check the reason out why it had to be that way and what really happened when your home and can see how all actions fit together.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join