It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Finds No Racial Bias in Trayvon Martin Shooting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Thought for sure this had to have been posted already but a search didnt bring anything up.

The FBI found no racial bias behind George Zimmerman's shooting of Miami Gardens teen Trayvon Martin, according to dozens of documents related to the case released Thursday.

“(FBI lead investigator Chris) SERINO believed that ZIMMERMAN’s actions were not based on MARTIN’s skin color rather based on his attire, the total circumstances of the encounter and the previous burglary suspects in the community,” the FBI wrote in the report. “Serino described ZIMMERMAN as overzealous and as having a ‘little hero complex’, but not as a racist.”

I wonder what it's worth, the FBI saying you didnt act with bigotry as motivation?

Would the FBI conclude that race was the motivation behind the BPP bounty on Zimmerman?

Link

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Sadly people who believe it was racist will never change their mind. They'll just perpetuate the hate cycle.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I read that report yesterday and it made zero sense to me. Its starts off building up Zimmerman's character by including statements from people who knew him. The woman who pressed charges against him said he is not a violent person....that makes sense lol. Then after stating that he profile Martin based on his dress and not his race the report then goes on to describe an email where Zimmerman is about to move. The email basically said I cant wait to move so I dont have to worry about not hitting those Mexicans on the side of the road, all they do is dent peoples cars and they think that makes them real men. I work 96 hours a week. I think that clearly shows he is at least someone prejudiced.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The MSM has already told the hipsters what to think, sorry FBI someone beat ya to it.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
There was plenty of racism in this case. That is all the media was good for in this case.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Would the FBI conclude that race was the motivation behind the BPP bounty on Zimmerman?
No, I don't think they would.

Judging by the results of the DOJ's handling of the Philadelphia voter intimidation by BPP, they are 'colorblind', or would that just be 'BLIND'?

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
The email basically said I cant wait to move so I dont have to worry about not hitting those Mexicans on the side of the road, all they do is dent peoples cars and they think that makes them real men.

How is that being racist?? He said he wants to move away from where those people are causing trouble .. and he correctly identified them. He didn't say 'those dirty mexicans' or 'those wet back foreigners from mexico' ... he just described them and expressed his displeasure in what they were doing. Seems pretty straight forward.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Reply to post by FlyersFan

Because he was generalizing. He said those mexicans dent cars and he was tired of trying not to hit them when they were walking on the side of the road. He probably had no clue who the people were doing the denting but all the mexicans apparently do it. The trying not to hit them just sounds wrong to me. Like who says that? How is someone walking on the side of the road bothering you?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
My honest opinion that this was race related.

Only if we could find out what was going through Zimmerman's mind when he followed that unarmed kid and shot him. Only then will we know his true intentions.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The impact of the FBI investigation on the States case against Zimmerman is huge. It removes the argument hat Zimmerman specifically targeted Martin because he was black. and supports Zimmermans position about him being suspicious.

Wht the media has conviently left out is in Zimmermans area there is a gang called the "Goons". That gang is responsible for the spike in property crimes in the area, including Zimmermans neighborhood. The manner in which Martin was dressed, dark hooded sweatshirt, is how that gang identifies themselves.

You also have the lead detective, who was also interviewed by the FBI, stating he did not beleive race was a factor, which undermines the states case even more.

A motion was filed to have the judge removed from the case after his comments about Zimmerman during the second bond hearing.

Based on the information at this point the states case is nothing more than rearranging deck chairs on the titanic.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Originally posted by Xcathdra
The impact of the FBI investigation on the States case against Zimmerman is huge. It removes the argument hat Zimmerman specifically targeted Martin because he was black. and supports Zimmermans position about him being suspicious.

1. Whether Zimmerman had racist motivation or not only deals with the "hate crime" assertion of the murder. It doesn't mean there was no racism, it just means the FBI found no evidence of racism. I didn't either. I suspect there was a racial element, but I'm not crazy about hate crime legislation anyway, so no harm done, IMO. So, the news is only "huge" in that it absolves him of a "hate crime".

2. This news does NOT support Zimmerman's assertion that Trayvon was "being suspicious". That's not how law works. All this news says is that the FBI cannot prove a hate crime. The state still has to do its job.

Wht the media has conviently left out is in Zimmermans area there is a gang called the "Goons". That gang is responsible for the spike in property crimes in the area, including Zimmermans neighborhood. The manner in which Martin was dressed, dark hooded sweatshirt, is how that gang identifies themselves.

Hearsay.

Based on the information at this point the states case is nothing more than rearranging deck chairs on the titanic.

Oh, don't get your hopes up. We still need to know why the armed Zimmerman got out of his vehicle and followed Martin, becoming the aggressor, after having been told not to. That's the key to this case, IMO.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
If this is true, it doesn't matter anyways because george has been convicted in the minds of millions. Ayoung man died for nothing and thats the bottom line. rip
After the incident, white people were being attacked and the thugs were saying "this is payback for trayvon"
But the thing is, zimmerman is not white. What a mess

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
When this story first broke I suspected racial motivation behind Zimmerman's stalking of Martin, but after information continued to come out I quickly abandoned that theory. Zimmerman is a wanna-be-cop. If you just spend the time listening to his 911 call he was hell-bent on stalking this kid down and being there looking like the hero when the cops arrived. He refused to agree to just stay in his vehicle, provide the location where he would be parked, and meet the cops upon their arrival. He wanted to hunt Martin down and look like a big man who helped to "corral" him before the cops got there.

Problem is when you follow a person in the dark, walk up to them, probably violate conceal carry laws and intentionally flash your gun (which I think is a high probability), and confront them....you can get your ass handed to you. That's what appears to have happened in this case. Zimmerman's plan to look like a cop helper resulted in Martin starting to beat the crap out of him. At that point, Martin was acting under the "stand your ground" law. Zimmerman cannot use "stand your ground" as a defense when he initiated a threatening situation. Doesn't matter how much his ass was getting handed to him. He stalked down someone, confronted them and all the while knew he was packing a gun. He chose to use it.

I do not agree that this is a "murder" case. I don't believe Zimmerman set out to kill Martin. I think it is a manslaughter case.

Please understand I am a gun owner and a staunch defender of both gun rights and laws like "stand your ground" or "make my day" (as it is referred to in Oklahoma), but standing your own ground does not equate to invading someone else's and then when things don't turn out the way you intended shooting them dead.

He committed manslaughter. Doesn't matter whether he's racist or not.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by Xcathdra

Originally posted by Xcathdra

1. Whether Zimmerman had racist motivation or not only deals with the "hate crime" assertion of the murder. It doesn't mean there was no racism, it just means the FBI found no evidence of racism. I didn't either. I suspect there was a racial element, but I'm not crazy about hate crime legislation anyway, so no harm done, IMO. So, the news is only "huge" in that it absolves him of a "hate crime".

2. This news does NOT support Zimmerman's assertion that Trayvon was "being suspicious". That's not how law works. All this news says is that the FBI cannot prove a hate crime. The state still has to do its job.

Hearsay.

Oh, don't get your hopes up. We still need to know why the armed Zimmerman got out of his vehicle and followed Martin, becoming the aggressor, after having been told not to. That's the key to this case, IMO.

You sound like you have alot invested in this being a hate crime. Didn't the fact that a major news corp. faked an interview with a speech analysis technician saying George mumbled racial slurs, make you question the motivations?
They tried to say he was telling the 911 operator "effing coons" when he said " it's effing cold"
Then al sharpton gets involved.. Circus!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Please understand I am a gun owner and a staunch defender of both gun rights and laws like "stand your ground" or "make my day" (as it is referred to in Oklahoma), but standing your own ground does not equate to invading someone else's and then when things don't turn out the way you intended shooting them dead.

He committed manslaughter. Doesn't matter whether he's racist or not.

Carrying everyday has made me avoid confrontation like the plague. I've walked, even ran, away from so many potentially hostile situations Ive lost track.

There's a nice write-up about this over at TTAG: Three ways carrying a gun makes you a better person

Basically, the responsibility is so great and it can be taken away from you so easily that you wouldnt even jaywalk.

I know I take painstaking measures to dot every i and cross every t.

Zimmermans obviously didnt feel the same way.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Sadly people who believe it was racist will never change their mind. They'll just perpetuate the hate cycle.

Don't worry, plenty of us think it was just murder.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

EXACTLY! Responsible people who have CCL's KNOW that you do not show that gun unless you intend to use it and you don't intend to use it unless you are DEFENDING. DEFENDING means...somebody initiated a situation in which life/hearth and home are in dire jeopardy. DEFENDING is not stalking someone while you're packing and initiating a threatening confrontation and then when you realize you're getting your ass whooped shooting them.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by FactFactor
My honest opinion that this was race related.

Only if we could find out what was going through Zimmerman's mind when he followed that unarmed kid and shot him. Only then will we know his true intentions.

Sorry but I dont think race was the issue at all. If it was a White kid in a hoody, I think Zimmerman would have still called the cops. He called the cops on everyone he found "suspicious", even small children.

Zimmerman was an overzealous, wanna be cop who felt like he had some type of authority over the whole area because he lived there. Treyvon could have been White, Asian, Hispanic, Indian.. it would not have mattered and in the exact same circumstances you would still have a dead unarmed kid.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I'm not crazy about hate crime legislation anyway,

Yep. Seriously. A crime is a crime.

Originally posted by Valhall
I do not agree that this is a "murder" case. I don't believe Zimmerman set out to kill Martin.
I think it is a manslaughter case.

Ditto. Murder is overreaching. They MIGHT be able to prove manslaughter.
We'll have to see when the facts (and not the media hype and blogging) are presented.

Doesn't matter whether he's racist or not.

Yep. Either way it's irrelevant, IMHO.
Did he or did he not kill someone when it didn't have to be done?
That's the bottom line.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

He wasn't showing racism at all in his statement. He described the people involved .. a bunch of mexicans. That's what they were ... a bunch of mexicans. he didn't call them names .. he didn't use negative stereotype names ... he just said what they were. that's not racism. It's just describing the people.

If a bunch of kids were hanging out on a street corner breaking bottles in the road and I called 911 I'd say .. there are a bunch of white kids hanging out on a street corner breaking bottles in the road. Would I be racist for describing the white kids as white kids? No. If I said .. there are a bunch of crackers on the corner breaking bottles .. THEN I'd be getting into racial areas ...

See?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join