It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The jimmy Hendrix prophecy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The documentary I saw made it look like wine was forced down his neck. Officially, did he down on his own vomit?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy
reply to post by AlienAgendah

It was the massive amounts of '___' he was taking. Nothing more.

'___' is not something you typically OD on or die from... get some life experience and come back, kid.

Kid? If you say so.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
reply to post by CallYourBluff

I understand it perfectly...but being screwed up on drugs isn't a higher level, it's lower. Altered, yes..but in NO way does it make it better. Just think of what Hendrix may have been able to create if his mind wasn't clouded by chemicals.

You said it. But it's neither lower nor higher. Altered. Meaning different. And some drug induced states offer different perspectives just like a "regular" state. Eating different foods, being in a different environment, drinking coffee can alter your state of mind. When is the mind not altered? While watching TV?

Drugs offer perspective. Can be "positive" or "negative" and sometimes both.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
So are we to say because he was high, he had no clue what he was talking about? Only what he says in the article has been said by many others whom have not been high. The drugs seem to take him to the same place, that's even if he was high when he said it. So the reality is not altered or different becouse of the drugs, only induced.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
At the time of his death he was hanging out with that German skater chick. I think they said he died of an overdose of her prescription. Could have been disappeared for any number of reasons. He might have not been happy with the way the show handlers were steering his art. Most of his roots were back in the Harlem clubs.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains
So are we to say because he was high, he had no clue what he was talking about? Only what he says in the article has been said by many others whom have not been high. The drugs seem to take him to the same place, that's even if he was high when he said it. So the reality is not altered or different becouse of the drugs, only induced.

People who declare certain drugs are bad, but consume Tylenol, TV, caffeine, hormones, prescription drugs daily will say he doesn't know what he's talking about. The opinion is a product of the state of mind they've put themselves into through the consumption of "approved" consumables. The state commonly referred to as "asleep". hahaha.

It's OK to take prozac.. But MDMA is dangerous and evil. It's OK to munch on Xanax all day but GHB is evil and dangerous. It's OK eat Oxycodone daily, but stay away from evil marijuana. Drink as much alcohol as you like but DO NOT take '___' or you will die.

If anything, a single honest drug experience can wake someone up to how absolutely ridiculous the poison pharmaceutical drug matrix is.

I don't recommend anyone take ANY drug. But don't try and tell me alcohol can be sold at every single corner store, walmart, restaurant in the country but i don't have the right to snort coke or smoke weed? Not that i do.. But who the hell buys into that painfully obvious contradiction? It is so ludicrous. Only the brain dead cannot see how sick and twisted it is.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

First, I totally agree with you about illegal drugs vs. legal drugs. Most people believe as they have been led to.

I'll have to slightly disagree about drugs not being a lowered state of consciousness though. Yes, they can alter reality, but the reality experienced is not one of truth. A person taking a hallucinagenic drug can see many things about the world around him, but it's not perception...it's a false vision of reality. Drugs don't give a window into the universe, they change the mind into believing what it experienced is real, when it's not. That's part of the trap of drugs. They give the idea of greater meaning and perception, but offer no truth.

I will agree that everything around us alters our consciousness though. Everything we eat, feel, and experience has an effect on our mind and how we percieve things, but drugs only cloud the reality of perception.

edit on 13-7-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

reply to post by rwfresh

First, I totally agree with you about illegal drugs vs. legal drugs. Most people believe as they have been led to.

I'll have to slightly disagree about drugs not being a lowered state of consciousness though. Yes, they can alter reality, but the reality experienced is not one of truth. A person taking a hallucinagenic drug can see many things about the world around him, but it's not perception...it's a false vision of reality. Drugs don't give a window into the universe, they change the mind into believing what it experienced is real, when it's not. That's part of the trap of drugs. They give the idea of greater meaning and perception, but offer no truth.

I will agree that everything around us alters our consciousness though. Everything we eat, feel, and experience has an effect on our mind and how we percieve things, but drugs only cloud the reality of perception.

Perception is not reality. Nor does perception allow one to experience Truth. Perception is an illusory by-product of Truth. Having the experience of altering one's perception reveals the problem with relying on perception as a tool of discerning, identifying what is true. I am not suggesting drugs are required for this insight. But psychedelics like '___' have historically resulted in this kind of understanding for many. The experiences are not real. What is true is there is no real "state" that can be perceived by anything that drugs can alter.

I agree that there is a risk of believing there is Truth in altered states. But those who fall into this trap are already deluded into believing perception is reality to begin with. Their zero state becomes "untrue" and their drug induced altered states become "true". In Reality neither state, identified through perception is real.

The exact same pitfall is widely documented in the context of meditation. People meditate, have otherworldly experiences and believe them to be "more" True. Experiencing GAIA, meeting Gods and Avatars, traveling to different dimensions or planets etc. Buddha himself, having experienced "Brahma", declared it illusory.

Perception is not Reality. It is not consciousness. It is not Truth. If you alter your state you can see that perception is fluid and effected by Reality. Or you can believe what you perceive through sight, sound, smell, thought is "Real".

Again i am not suggesting anyone take drugs. I am suggesting 99.9% of people are already in a constant state of delusion no closer or further from Truth than they would be if they were on '___' or any other psychedelic. I understand this is difficult and even scary for many people to except and it is probably safer for everyone if they find a comfortable state/perception that they agree with to go through life.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Jimmy became part of the famous 27 club.
Some say it is linked to selling your soul.

(All drugs are bad unless you get a piece of paper from a person with a snake on their chest.)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Inside the illusion, if one is aware of the illusion being much closer to nothing than everything we see. Even the drug itself would be part of the illusion, so at the end it's just conciousness anyway is it not?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I understand it perfectly...but being screwed up on drugs isn't a higher level, it's lower. Altered, yes..but in NO way does it make it better. Just think of what Hendrix may have been able to create if his mind wasn't clouded by chemicals.

His music would have been generic at best. Why do you think there is such a massive relationship between great art and drugs? Why do you think the dream state is so creative? It has to do with with the different forms of brainwaves, which drugs manipulate. Research cannabis effects on creativity. Judging by your posts I can only assume you are young and inexperienced or have no direct experience with drugs. I myself have been playing the guitar since I was 9 years old and can play better than anyone I have ever met. I know my stuff and I know the benefits drugs give to the creative process.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

I'll agree with you on your last comments....Perception is not reality....it's relative....

There is a reality of perception though, simply meaning how we see reality in a clear state of mind.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienAgendah
reply to post by Wifibrains

Tell that to the late Timothy Leary who took more acid then probably anyone in the u.s and he lived to a very old age. Lsd didnt kill Yimmy.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Judging by your posts I can only assume you are young and inexperienced or have no direct experience with drugs. I myself have been playing the guitar since I was 9 years old and can play better than anyone I have ever met. I know my stuff and I know the benefits drugs give to the creative process.

Quite the opposite...I'm rather aged, with more experience than I'm proud to admit....Judging from your post, you're quite full of yourself, and misguided as to the benefits drugs have to the creative process. Yes, you can be creative under the influence, but not to full potential. Yes, drugs can be an opening in the process, but they are an even stronger wall...You do not "know your stuff", you simply have yet to reach the acceptance that drugs limit creativity in the long run.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Befor this thread gets closed because of all the drug talk, lol. Do you think what his friend say in the article about jimmys vision has any correlation to the 2012 thing? Did he get this vision from conciousness? Or do we disregard it becouse of drugs? Everyone makes their own choices I'm just interested how people see this. I think it's linked.
edit on 13-7-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Judging by your posts I can only assume you are young and inexperienced or have no direct experience with drugs. I myself have been playing the guitar since I was 9 years old and can play better than anyone I have ever met. I know my stuff and I know the benefits drugs give to the creative process.

Quite the opposite...I'm rather aged, with more experience than I'm proud to admit....Judging from your post, you're quite full of yourself, and misguided as to the benefits drugs have to the creative process. Yes, you can be creative under the influence, but not to full potential. Yes, drugs can be an opening in the process, but they are an even stronger wall...You do not "know your stuff", you simply have yet to reach the acceptance that drugs limit creativity in the long run.

I'm not full of myself, I am simply confident about my life experiences and ability as a musician. Drugs abused obviously cause problems but they have a definite benefit in the creative process. As I said, you clearly lack experience or lack the intelligence to appreciate such concepts. I will not discuss this any further, as people like yourself are irritating at best.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Originally posted by AlienAgendah

Tell that to the late Timothy Leary who took more acid then probably anyone in the u.s and he lived to a very old age. Lsd didnt kill Yimmy.

Christ people...do you not read the thread before posting?! I said HIS VISIONS were due to '___', not his death...for the third time.

Jeez....

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I will not discuss this any further, as people like yourself are irritating at best.

Irritation towards something is often a symptom of denial...You can't accept that maybe someone has an educated, intellectual, and experience filled opinion on the subject that points out some of the flaws in your ideas, hence the irritation. You'll figure it out one day...and then you'll think of that irritating ATS member isyeye, and laugh, remembering he was right.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

According to his own words in the video it had everything to do with 2012.
It sounds like he was a pioneer in the new age movement.
I do not agree with the movement but i do believe things will happen.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

James (Jimi) Marshall Hendrix................Geez ,

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join