It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France Urges Caution in Oil-For-Food Case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Fear of being caught with their pants down, France is urging to use caution of the final report, given by Charles Duelfer, accuses various countries for corruption in the UNs oil-for-food program with France, Russia and China being the main perpetrators of the sanctions imposed on Iraq more than a decade ago.

From main story:

The report named former French Interior Minister Charles Pasqua, Indonesian president Megawati Sukarnoputri and the Russian radical political figure Vladimir Zhirinovsky as voucher recipients and implicated foreign governments, including Namibia and Yemen.

Zhirinovsky, who frequently traveled to Saddam's Iraq and had called for increased trade between the two countries, adamantly denied the claim in the report, which also cited top Russian oil companies Yukos and Lukoil as recipients.

Pasqua's office said the former interior minister, who recently won a Senate seat and the parliamentary immunity that it confers, was not immediately available for comment.

But French Foreign Ministry spokesman Herve Ladsous counseled caution, saying the allegations weren't checked with the people or countries involved.

When somebody is caught red-handed, look at the ruckus that can ensue, from clearly legit proof of the various countries that were involved.

While the War in Iraq didn't produce any WMDs, it sure did produce proof of some real WMDs (Worlds Mass Deceptions).

Click here for the entire story. It's well worth reading.

[edit on 7/10/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
NO wonder the French didnt want us to go in.......

Seriously, thi sshould come as no surprise, what about the Germans?

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Is anyone really suprised?

I for one am not.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Is anyone really suprised?

I for one am not.

The only thing that would surprise me is that if the US was not knee deep in it too.

new topics

top topics

join