It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look no further~ The Gentleperson's Guide To Forum Spies

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
It is aways bound to come up in discussions, as an argument or distraction from.
Often it is just a catch phrase used in a weakly veiled attempt of misdirection.

While reading daily info sites, I saw this article and thought of the COINTELPRO crowd here at our beloved ATS community . It is an eye opening read for those unfamiliar with this subject, and a confirmation for those who are.

1. COINTELPRO Techniques for dilution, misdirection and control of a internet forum 2. Twenty-Five Rules of Disinformation 3. Eight Traits of the Disinformationalist 4. How to Spot a Spy (Cointelpro Agent) 5. Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression ______________________________________________________________________________________

COINTELPRO Techniques for dilution, misdirection and control of a internet forum..

Source link

Quoted for edit safety.

OP, i have seen ALL of these tactics used on ATS and other forums by trolls.

EVERY SINGLE ONE.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I have noted that often, they will simply cite contradictory information which neutralizes itself and the author. For instance, one such player claimed to be a Navy pilot, but blamed his poor communicating skills (spelling, grammar, incoherent style) on having only a grade-school education. I'm not aware of too many Navy pilots who don't have a college degree. Another claimed no knowledge of a particular topic/situation but later claimed first-hand knowledge of it

I have no doubt that this is again reffering to (im)posters on ATS and I'm fairly certain I know who at least one of them is/was. This person was so dumb that they must have been the bosses son as thats the only way they could have got a job with any 'intelligence' agancy. I'm sure that even his colleagues were cringing at his rediculous arguments and contradictions yet they still never once pointed out his errors

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Thank you Gentleperson...thinking now that most posts match one or more of the 'techniques' described; and even though all are not players...we all can now see the game!!! reply to post by ADVISOR

∞LOVE∞
edit on 14-7-2012 by awake1234 because: TrutHeart∞

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
MEMEs are interesting. Throw in screen flicker, placement of certain animations,structure of website, color of site, sounds, and advertisements.

I would like to reply in depth on this subject but your avatar keeps blinking at me.

Some really wild stuff can be done to the mind

To the mind? Or to the brain?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

I've got about three names of forum moderators who display definite qualities of disinfo agents.

The majority are not, but a little yeast can ruin the whole batch.

And of course, I won't name them, but I have seen one in particular who is quite brazen, and overtly shuts down topics/ edits posts and seemingly gets involved in banning members whenever there is a suggestion that truth is being reached... It makes me as mad as a bull to see it going on, but there is eff-all we can do about it (except to highlight the tactics, as in this thread, so that the discerning users will figure it out for themselves...)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Wow. That's all so complicated.

And here I was thinking that we just jibber-jabber to distract us from whatever is going on in life.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
This guy strikes me as an armchair theorist with no real concrete knowledge of disinformation. It's not like he found a CIA manual on covert operations; he made this stuff up based on his own biases.

Fact?

Opinion? Cite?

None?

Goodbye, Mr. Waste-of-Time.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by stirling

Sometimes it is useful to 'lead' the forum by replying to your own posting with your own statement of violent intent, and that you 'do not care what the authorities think!!' inflammation. By doing this and showing no fear it may be more effective in getting the more silent and self-disciplined violent intent members of the forum to slip and post their real intentions. This can be used later in a court of law during prosecution.

If a "terrorist" really admits here their true intentions, then they are too stupid to really carry anything out in the real world. At worst they will get caught telling somebody about their "plan". At best they will just carry out a noisy version of suicide.

Direct threats will get staff pinged and then the cops and then "ding dong" goes your front door. Have we ever seen that here (besides that one guy)?

Hold on... which guy are you talking about? Please reply because I would really like to hear that story.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Great post, man. Thanks for the info.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by KryptKeeper

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by stirling

Sometimes it is useful to 'lead' the forum by replying to your own posting with your own statement of violent intent, and that you 'do not care what the authorities think!!' inflammation. By doing this and showing no fear it may be more effective in getting the more silent and self-disciplined violent intent members of the forum to slip and post their real intentions. This can be used later in a court of law during prosecution.

If a "terrorist" really admits here their true intentions, then they are too stupid to really carry anything out in the real world. At worst they will get caught telling somebody about their "plan". At best they will just carry out a noisy version of suicide.

Direct threats will get staff pinged and then the cops and then "ding dong" goes your front door. Have we ever seen that here (besides that one guy)?

Hold on... which guy are you talking about? Please reply because I would really like to hear that story.

Sorry for the delay. Some have spoken on here about some guy that went nuts and he was a poster on ATS. I am sorry from memory I cannot remember who or what ( thats why I said "some guy"). Where to find that out? Maybe some other member can help with the info.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Of course, all this assumes that people chatting on internet forums actually pose a threat to anybody.

No doubt some ATS members believe that. I don't suppose anyone with real power does.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
members are inheritably curious, cautious, critical and intelligent. Your welcome all for the compliment.

members are inheritably curious, cautious, critical and intelligent, but can't spell "you're"

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

I personally took great intetrest in that one as I see it played out alot on forums and kinda knew a light hearted post is proberly a good way to get those little bits of real info on people on whatever subject .

Such is this tool of the internet . Personally I dont like the internet at all for all the reasons that are apparent in today society . Its just another tool for nonsense dispersion and side tracking humans real life .And they employ a whole army of people just to track what others think . And the ones they are tracking are proberly their own people .

No normal person really makes big statements of an outlandish nature . Or am I in the wrong place or simply not interested in such posts as being way too obvious . Ho hum the boredom of it all .
edit on 15-7-2012 by Anusuia because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2012 by Anusuia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by soyentist
Great post, man. Thanks for the info.

Just a young man
serving the public
As best I can.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
People generally have a soft attitude to professional disinfo artists on ATS, but it is important to be aware of their presence. They are most likely an arm of the government that feels a need to intervene in your conversations.

If the political situation ever hardens to the point of martial law or the suspension of civil rights these are part of the community of spies and informers who will be turning you in to the authorities, who will be taking your information when you are arrested or who will be swinging the rubber truncheons or turning the crank on the electric generator when you are tortured. They will be rousting you out of your house and shoving you into the backs of trucks. They will be molesting your wives and children and stealing your goods and your opportunities. They will be lording it over you and tattling on you. They will be lying about you and getting rid of you even if you are a "good German".

You may meet those avatars and internet handles in real life, . . . real life and real death.

It is really important to beat them down in argument.
I couldn't agree more. These people are coddled here for the most part, and letting them go, unchallenged, would be a travesty. If the lid comes off this thing, martial law is not so far-fetched, and it'll be these creeps with the keys.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate666
You call them 'techniques' [see list above] but they are also genuine human traits. I am guilty of doing a few things on the list but I have done that because those were genuine feelings. How do we know that someone isn't just passionate or misinformed or uneducated rather than having an agenda?

You don't and probably never will unless sites only allow you to log in with bio-digital techniques. For instance the laptop I am typing on has the ability for me to lock it down with my thumb-print. If I wanted to I could keep everyone but me from being able to physically log in (of course the government probably has a copy of my hard drive in Utah, but that's a different topic).

If a site only allowed you to actually gain access in such fashion, only then will you know someone's true agenda. Until then you could read a post that champions cause "A", followed by a reply from the same dude championing cause "B" (using a different alias/email address to sign up to a site couldn't be easier) because he or she is either really bored or isn't playing with a full deck (or maybe paid to do so). Until the internet reaches that level (if we want it to) you have to tread carefully. This is why when someone sites Wikipedia or a YouTube video as UNDENIABLE PROOF I usually just move on.

I like that I can remain anonymous to an extent, but the trade-off is other people use that anonymity for various reasons most of which have nothing to do with the truth.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
It is aways bound to come up in discussions, as an argument or distraction from.
Often it is just a catch phrase used in a weakly veiled attempt of misdirection.

While reading daily info sites, I saw this article and thought of the COINTELPRO crowd here at our beloved ATS community . It is an eye opening read for those unfamiliar with this subject, and a confirmation for those who are.

1. COINTELPRO Techniques for dilution, misdirection and control of a internet forum 2. Twenty-Five Rules of Disinformation 3. Eight Traits of the Disinformationalist 4. How to Spot a Spy (Cointelpro Agent) 5. Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression ______________________________________________________________________________________

COINTELPRO Techniques for dilution, misdirection and control of a internet forum..

Source link

old news is good news. nice find.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by some one It is really important to beat them down in argument.

Originally posted by dillweed
I couldn't agree more. These people are coddled here for the most part, and letting them go, unchallenged, would be a travesty.

A travesty you say? NOTHING that happens on this forum equates to anything "tragic".

It's a forum, fer fo0kssakes.

edit on 16-7-2012 by PulsusHilarisCaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by PulsusHilarisCaroI say you're wrong. Your apathy is tragic indeed. Were it not so serious, I'd laugh at your disinterest, but something tells me you have an agenda like all the rest.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Here is the complete reference.
cryptome.org...

" The Gentleperson's Guide To Forum Spies A sends: The Gentleperson's Guide To Forum Spies (spooks, feds, etc.)http:///irj4Fyd51. COINTELPRO Techniques for dilution, misdirection and control of a internet forum2. Twenty-Five Rules of Disinformation3. Eight Traits of the Disinformationalist4. How to Spot a Spy (Cointelpro Agent)5. Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression______________________________________________________________________________________COINTELPRO Techniques for dilution, misdirection and control of a internet forum..There are several techniques for the control and manipulation of a internet forum no matter what, or who is on it. We will go over each technique and demonstrate that only a minimal number of operatives can be used to eventually and effectively gain a control of a 'uncontrolled forum.
edit on 7-16-2012 by Springer because: DON NOT copy/paste content from outside sources in their entirety on ATS

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join