It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look no further~ The Gentleperson's Guide To Forum Spies

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

I can't tell but I think Schuyler was making a post as an example of what a cointelpro disinfo post looks like. A lot of unimportant text and a "move along" at the bottom. Throw in some statistics for good measure.

This is a fun thread.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
If ATS had traffic of billions, I could see the point in people posting disinformation. As it stands all I see is ignorant posts from the so called disinformation suspects and extreme paranoia by the accusers.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Makes since, there are times on here when I see only a handful of new threads being created. But when I see a thread ripe for any disinfo agent, all of the sudden the forums are bombarded with useless threads.

Very quickly do the good threads get drowned out in a sea of "that's not even worthy of a thread" type of thread

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
reply to post by RSF77

I can't tell but I think Schuyler was making a post as an example of what a cointelpro disinfo post looks like.

Self-acclaimed expert who got his a$$ handed to him by none other than Richard Dolan the Wimp.

Yeah, I would pay a lot of attention to guys who spend their lives on all kinds of forums - to date I have him on at least ten - and refuse to live in the real and material world.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
Many manipulators are narcissists, it is a common trait, here are some different variants of narcissism:

•Acquired

•Healthy
•Spiritual
•Unhealthy

Are you serious? I must be mis reading this. Apologies if I am.

Being health or unhealthy makes you a narcissist?

Again, if I have misread or have missed your point, my apologies, but I think this post is doing exactly what this thread is about.

I know the thread has moved on since this tripe.

Mind blown.

edit on 13-7-2012 by one_small_step because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be great if, say by magic, we could gather in one room four honest ATS members and one of the jerks who lives to deceive (I count myself among the honest people.) We could finger him and just ask him why he does what he does. In the presence of so many decent people he doesn't seem like as good person. How would he defend himself? I think we all have a natural dislike for these people.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Anyone with an open mind will see that most of the real topics discussed on here are met with an onslaught of debunkers and naysayers. They usually rush to post within the first few comments as to cloud the judgements of those who are "on the fence" so to say.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by multidimesonalism

If you just want back patting go to GLP or a YouTube comment section. ATS holds itself to a higher standard and its welcoming policy towards skeptics plays a large role in that. The fact of the matter is that most of the topics posted on here have been discussed and debunked or are flimsy and lacking in any kind of evidence. So if you really cared about finding the Truth why would you want to waste time discussing false claims?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Nice post. Some good points on the link that you have posted.

However I'm sure if someone was to use this site as a medium to exchange information using code words or modified language, they can surelly do so. Most of the times, I believe it might be the 'wannabe' spies that might be trolling on ATS. Some of them they think they have a lot of info based on what they're able to get other members to react/post opinions/links etc etc.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I have noticed that every time I nail a fact here my post is deleted for being off topic. LMAO

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby
Indeed, I see it here on ATS all the time. Here is a good example:

Technique #4 - 'INFORMATION COLLECTION' Information collection is also a very effective method to determine the psychological level of the forum members, and to gather intelligence that can be used against them. In this technique in a light and positive environment a 'show you mine so me yours' posting is initiated. From the number of replies and the answers that are provided much statistical information can be gathered. An example is to post your 'favourite weapon' and then encourage other members of the forum to showcase what they have. In this matter it can be determined by reverse proration what percentage of the forum community owns a firearm, and or a illegal weapon. This same method can be used by posing as one of the form members and posting your favourite 'technique of operation.' From the replies various methods that the group utilizes can be studied and effective methods developed to stop them from their activities.

Certainly makes one wonder....

Oldest trick in the book.

Chairman Mao did this to the entire China after "The Great Leap".

He killed a lot of folks during The Great Leap. So after his big fail, he began losing political power.

So he thought of an idea, to encourage each and every citizen in China to participate in politics. He would say nice things like "Let's all participate and give ideas on how to run this country properly."

Of course, ending result was that every single person who ever uttered a word against the Chinese government was tortured during the Cultural Revolution.

Remember a while back there was a huge news about how XXXXXXXXX number of computer in the entire U.S. are affected by this web site that carries a virus.

Then the MSM gave the general public a .gov web link so that people can go to that web page to "Scan" their PC if they are infected with this virus.

I wonder how many gullible folks actually went to the .gov web site and have it "Scan" your PC.... lol

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
What if i was to tell you that COINTELPRO has become more advanced than you could imagine and that you don't have to be consciously involved and willfully engaged in it but unconsciously guided in the activity....would you believe me?

Is the above statement a COINTELPRO type message or the truth?
If it is cointelpro and i am willfully engaged in it...where is my paycheck?

MEMEs are interesting. Throw in screen flicker, placement of certain animations,structure of website, color of site, sounds, and advertisements.
Some really wild stuff can be done to the mind

edit on 13-7-2012 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Technique #2 - 'CONSENSUS CRACKING'

A second highly effective technique (which you can see in operation all the time at www.abovetopsecret.com) is 'consensus cracking.' To develop a consensus crack, the following technique is used. Under the guise of a fake account a posting is made which looks legitimate and is towards the truth is made - but the critical point is that it has a VERY WEAK PREMISE without substantive proof to back the posting. Once this is done then under alternative fake accounts a very strong position in your favour is slowly introduced over the life of the posting.

So a post with a "very weak premise" is followed by other posts rebutting it? How is that any different than what happens every day in every other online forum? Hardly evidence of skullduggery.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

Originally posted by schuyler

This guy strikes me as an armchair theorist with no real concrete knowledge of disinformation. It's not like he found a CIA manual on covert operations; he made this stuff up based on his own biases.

Just like you just made that up based on your own bias. There is no way to know how that was conjured up, be it in a government building, some old apartment or in someones imagination. You would certainly agree that the techniques outlined in it are eerily similar to day to day operations on some of these forums? Right?

I see it more as if someone wondered what techniques could be used and made them up. They seem pretty lame to me. That's why I call this a straw man argument. He just made this stuff up. Also, peole who are religious in their approach often see confirmation of their beliefes in the environment. I have a cousin who believes he sees signs of the Resurrection in certain seashells.

After all, just how much trouble would it be for someone with money to spend a tiny bit of it paying people in order to further an agenda on the internet? It's already done with the MSM and the internet is now becoming the next big news outlet, you think that is being completely ignored?

Not completely, no. But I maintain ATS, when compared with other places, is not the threat it thinks it is. In terms of allocating resources, ATS would seem a low priority. No schems are being hatched here.

And, yeah, it’s small. ATS likes to puff up its numbers. They have over a quarter million members, they say, yet only 55% have bothered to make a post and only about 5,000 members have made more than 500 posts. That’s 2% that you could actually say are really active here. 1% of members, 2500 people, have made over 1,000 posts. Really not much to worry about.

Actually, this is one of the larger forums on the internet.

The statistics above are not lies. My point is that there is a small core of active members, but most post seldom,, if at all. ATS is like a puffer fish. It looks big until you look into it. The hard core is no more than 2500 people.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Seems like every time that is said there really is something to see.

It also is a joke, and old, old Star Wars joke. Every time I use it people put Great Meaningful Significance into it. I find it funny.

I guess a good summary of my position is that accusing people of disinformation is a weak argument, a cheap date. People who claim to be able to discern such techniques are as reliable as Sylvia Browne. The bad thing is that it diverts us from the real issues.

(Really screwed up some of the quotes above. Sorry.)
edit on 7/13/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
I see it more as if someone wondered what techniques could be used and made them up. They seem pretty lame to me. That's why I call this a straw man argument. He just made this stuff up. Also, peole who are religious in their approach often see confirmation of their beliefes in the environment. I have a cousin who believes he sees signs of the Resurrection in certain seashells.

Well... actually I'm not religious, but I think there is some effort to mold people's opinions on the net just as it is in other mediums. If it quacks, it could be a duck ya know?

I have a question about this though, if you don't get any confirmation from your environment then where else are you supposed to get information or "belief" from? Someone claiming to see jesus in a french fry or cloud is hardly the same thing as manipulating opinions on the internet. Ironically, isn't that statement the very definition of a straw man argument? I don't think you are using the straw man thing in it's proper context.

It doesn't really take a leap in logic to "believe" something like this, not that I really like the word "believe". (I don't)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
I wish them the best of luck attempting this with a forum such as ATS. Most members are inheritably curious, cautious, critical and intelligent. Your welcome all for the compliment.

These practices in my opinion would be more practical on forums that do not attempt to route our Hoax’s, miss-information and external influences.

These techniques would be best applied to Mom & Pops community forum where the users are naively under the impression everyone on the internet is genuine.

To the agents of dis-information and of malicious intent, I wish you luck, be prepared for close scrutiny and critical opinions.

THIS IS ATS!!..

I have seen them try this before, they stick out like a sore thumb

They are nothing more than measly skeptics, even when the answer could be rational.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Considering my latest post I talk about in my signature file this info is right on time as I will be reading these messages from government agents on their public forum.

Thanks for the post.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by intrptr

Oh my goodness you must have totally misunderstood my post.

Perhaps this will help...
Army of Fake Social Media Friends to Promote Propaganda

Now...are "they" coming for us? IMO...No.
Are they still reading, obviously, yes.
Do they sign up and post in forums?

Maybe I did. Sorry if I was offensive in any way. Sometimes I am responding more in general than replying to anybody. The thing is, I am a lot more stupid than I look. You just don't know that because you can't see me.
Thanks for the links.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I only read the first and last page of this thread, because this hits close to home for me.

A lot of you guys seem to think this is nonsense, and someone made this up or whatever. I'm here to tell you it is all too real.

I sell TIMESHARES in Mexico. This is a scam, I will admit it outright. We are flat out CONMEN. We are masters at twisting your own words around against you, and selling you a huge amount of nothing more than smoke and mirrors. I do it every day, I'm really good at it. I even train lots of other people in all the tricks.

So what?

The techniques outlined in this "Gentleperson's guide" (stupid name) are VERY familiar to me. I have been immersed in this game for eight years, and studying widely on a lot more than sales techniques. Anything that can help me make more money. Today I was studying up on police interrogation techniques, just to get me warmed up to give the morning training meeting. We use these techniques, advanced neurolinguistic programming, straight up sales 101, psychology, intimidation, coercion, and lots more. All of the stuff in this guide is all too familiar to me, this is the exact kind of psychology we use to get YOU to cough up forty or fifty grand in the middle of your vacation, for some AIR.

Why do we do it? I am not proud of it, I have become so disgusted with what I am doing that I want to get out of it. However, I am the ONLY one that I know of that feels this way. Yet, I keep doing it. No one else has any intention of ever stopping their career. So why do the rest of them do it? And why do I keep doing it?

THE MONEY. We make crazy money. You have no idea. My first paycheck was over five grand for the first week, and it has only gone up. I am far from the top end of earners around here, either. Since we are in Mexico, this is relatively way more money as well. Generally timeshare salesmen are about two notches below used car salesmen. Around here we are the biggest swinging dicks in town, and it's all about the money. We are like rock stars. I almost have to beat the girls off with a stick.

There are lots of people involved in the scam I am in on. We all KNOW it's a scam. We are fleecing people of their money. Certain wingnuts get to believing their own bullsh1t, but in general we know we are conmen. But it feels really good when they hand you HUGE BALES OF CASH for doing it. And this is why it would be so easy to line up cointelpro disinfo agents. Probably for far less money. There are scumbags everywhere who would stab their own mother for five bucks. I know people like that already, timeshare seems to attract these scumbags.

If you think there are NOT cointelpro agents all over the internet, you are dreaming. OF COURSE THERE ARE. The media is fully controlled by a small group, so they all sing the same company song. The internet is the only area where they would need to do this stuff, so you'd better believe that they do. In all other media they are using these techniques on you the whole time, you dingbats just don't realize it. Only on the wild west of the internet do they need to use actual agents. Everywhere else is one hundred percent agents already, reading off a script.

What I'm saying is, you guys better believe this is real. I use these exact tactics every day on regular people just like you, just to sell them a freaking TIMESHARE. If you think the alphabet agencies don't know about these techniques, and won't use them in a New York minute, you are deluded. Hell, I have learned a lot of these techniques FROM govt agency manuals. Since I know exactly what they are doing, I can spot these govt agents immediately, and I see them here in action all the time. If you want to see it hardcore, go to glp, a full on govt psy op run out of Elgin airforce base. That's why it seems so crazy over there. ATS seems to be at least somewhat real.

I hope.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
People generally have a soft attitude to professional disinfo artists on ATS, but it is important to be aware of their presence. They are most likely an arm of the government that feels a need to intervene in your conversations.

If the political situation ever hardens to the point of martial law or the suspension of civil rights these are part of the community of spies and informers who will be turning you in to the authorities, who will be taking your information when you are arrested or who will be swinging the rubber truncheons or turning the crank on the electric generator when you are tortured. They will be rousting you out of your house and shoving you into the backs of trucks. They will be molesting your wives and children and stealing your goods and your opportunities. They will be lording it over you and tattling on you. They will be lying about you and getting rid of you even if you are a "good German".

You may meet those avatars and internet handles in real life, . . . real life and real death.

It is really important to beat them down in argument.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join