It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Blackout on Huge Protest in Mexico

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
"The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall."

-Che Guevara

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

What if part of the Mexican Government's corruption involved knowing about/letting the Cartel get away with the atrocities they commit? You must get rid of the source of the problem first.

Officials estimate that the drug trade makes up 3-4 percent of Mexico's $1.5 trillion annual GDP--totaling as much as $30 billion--and employs at least half a million people
(Source)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
It will go nowhere. The protesters should go home and prepare to bug out.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I wonder if this has to do with the UN arms Treaties?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnaChispa
"The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall."

-Che Guevara

stick your Che quotes where it is deemed appropriate for the forum mods not to ban me, you dig, basically, screw Che, may the murdering scum bag rot in Hell

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

He does remind me of the Mexican boyfriend on Weeds...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
They should be more pissed about the beheading's and drug cartel rather then corruption right now. Don't you think? Corruption would be 2nd on my list if they are trying to make a movement.

Think about it, for a moment....what is corrupting the goverment?
The cartels right?
So the people would get quickly shot for going up against the cartels..but they at least have a chance with the goverment.....there are honourable officials too (we just dont know who is who ....)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

And that's exactly what you're going to get. They're already priming you for it and you're asking for what they want to give you.

Most people think like you do, which is "Well, we are stuck and f*cked now, so we might as well do this..."

WRONG.. couldn't be more wrong. This is a revolution for the lazy.. and revolution for those who still want the revolution planned for them. It is staged just like the revolutions in the middle east. I mean, the people are really there but they work for the govt and don't even realize it. They are reacting the exact way they are supposed to.

There are more than the two choices you are being given. It's not just 1) Leave it the way it is or 2) Revolt in this type of fashion.

All you are asking for is a dictator and that is what they want to give you. These people in Mexico are allegedly complaining of corruption. You think a new leader will fix the corruption or give people the illusion that somebody cares about them?

The system is what is corrupt. A few rule over many. That will never change in this manner. You, sir, are misinformed and worse, an unpaid shill.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
That is awesome! I wish I could understand what they were chanting

Any guesses on the numbers?

From that one video, I would have to guess atleast 100,000 people, maybe 200k...

Wheres the crybabies wondering about where protesters are going to the bathroom etc?? I figured I would see atleast 1 on here

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Has to do with the Mexican election.

Many feel it was rigged.

Heard a couple of chants

Fight for our side.

Get Pena out.
edit on 11-7-2012 by jam321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

That was classic. In your own setup, here are the google results:

1) Reuters - Excellon Suspends work at Mine due to Protests
2) Forbes (everyone reads Forbes, right?) - Story on Protest*
3) FOX - STORY ON PROTEST*
4) worldnews @MSNBC - STORY ON PROTEST*
5) Forbes story AGAIN
6) Godlikeproductions - DIscussion on protests
7) Watch.org - Story on protest
8) Foxlatino - story on protest
9) mysanantonio.com - story on protest
10) Tlateloco Masacre - WIki - Nothing to do with it
11) 1968 Olympics - nothing to do with it
12) Marxist.com - story on protest
(snip)
13)aflcio.com - story on protest
remainer of the 1000's of stories - nothing to do with it

SO, by your own cheeky post, we have Reuters, Fox and MSNBC reporting on it as major news organizations, and the Reuters story is about miners affected by the strike.
Forbes (are they still printing?) is not a major source for news.
Then you have the rest.
Seems pretty evident there is not much coverage other than blogs.

CJ

edit on 11-7-2012 by Ahabstar because: Removed trigger phrase

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

What the H E double hocky sticks is THAT?

I didn't link anything in my last post - wow - just put up the list of who was on the fake google page tsukilunar posted -whoa.

CJ

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Dang!!!

Now you done made me go and click the link.

Curiosity kills the cat

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

And all I did was say: here are the stories and who has them! No links! Strange.

CJ

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Strange indeed.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Some of the Drug Cartels work side by side with the government. Its all corrupted.IF you think the Government has control over Mexico...your dead beat wrong totally.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

The really strange thing is it is now gone - the banner for my post which said LIES - now my post is up...er ah, and no response from ATS as to why that happend? Bizarre. Well, anyway, there it is above in all its glory.

Oh wait, ETA, I see the (snip) comment now - I guess I should check out that site that was listed - never heard of it before but clearly something ATS doesn't approve of...I wonder if you all can see it for yourself on tsukilunars original post still...just go down the list...

CJ
edit on 11-7-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Hmm, what does "removed trigger phrase" mean?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jerisa

Hmm, what does "removed trigger phrase" mean?

No clue? Do you see that somewhere? I looked at tsukilunars post and that site is still listed - I checked it out and it looks like a wannabe ATS. Guess they touched a nerve here, but whatever - the post is up now so back to the blackout that some claim is not a blackout.

ETA: Ha, after reading more, I can see why ATS doesn't want them named here. Nevermind!

CJ
edit on 12-7-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
They should be more pissed about the beheading's and drug cartel rather then corruption right now. Don't you think? Corruption would be 2nd on my list if they are trying to make a movement.

I was thinking the corruption was the Mexican Gumment turning a blind eye to all of this cartel behavior.
They should be actively hunting and engaging these thugs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join