It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calls to Destroy Egypt's Great Pyramids Begin

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
okay..but whos gonna pay for all of this. who actually wants to spend money destroying pyramids then feeding the hungry in egypt?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
If only we had been around when the nose of the Sphinx was taken off in a massive game of "got your nose!" orchestrated by who knows who.

When life gives you lemons make lemonade. Perhaps if this does happen - which I don't think will happen as international laws would kick in and someone else would claim overship over those Pyramids or just by the land if it comes to that, then perhaps we will find something buried under the Pyramids.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I'll play the devil's advocate here but, let's say there was no pyramids in the last 1000 years ;

No templars finding secrets in the pyramids
Less occultism performed by royalty and religious figures
No book of law from Crowley,
No return of paganism and satanism in pop culture and music
Less corruption within masons

Too bad, the ones wanting to destroy them are also religious freaks, so it doesn't really justify the though.
Destroying them isn't a solution, I'm just pointing out possibilities that could of changed in history.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BacknTime
okay..but whos gonna pay for all of this. who actually wants to spend money destroying pyramids then feeding the hungry in egypt?

Well it won't be coming from the tourist industry that employs over 12% of the Egyptian work force and 11 billion in revenue.

en.wikipedia.org...

I very much doubt they will be destroying the Pyramids in a hurry.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Religion is an infectious brain disease and seriously should be abolished.
However the world's political structure finds it expedient as a tool.
(sigh) If only people would realize what fools they have been for falling for this Hoax.

In what way are the Pyramids a symbol of paganism?
It has been a common perception that they were burial chambers, however that has been disiproven and no one really know what their original purpose was.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11I11
Neanderthals!

So when they knock down the pyramids and their tourism industry collapses they will wonder why there are no jobs anymore in Cairo!

The Neanderthals are the silly buggers that believe this nonsense anti-Egyptian garbage.

Who believes Egyptian have sex with their dead wives and I will show you a brain dead moron.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Destroy them. Destroy them all.

The lesson(s) possible to be learnt in the process could / might be useful / beneficial....

....or surprizing....

Nothing lasts forever - and 'THEY' have lasted quite some time.

Besides - thats not 'OUR' sandbox, sooo 'THeY' can do as 'THeY' please with their "sand-castles"
whether it be "foolish" or not is subjective - and isnt known until / if "IT" happens.

I am all for change.
Simply my thoughts

~ThatGuy45~

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I know there is and the history is good and bad imo. but even looking as the domes roof encased in gold(or not) is a sign of paganism worship imo. The whole idea of the 3 religion warring with each other is tiring and the governments using it as their backdrop is tiring.
Churches of christianity want it gone, isreal has to live with it and yet it's there and islam still fights with everyone instead saying "hey my proof of god exists." yet it's not enough imo.

I love the fact of Egypts pyramids, sphinx and other wonders. just like every wonder that we can't explain.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I for one do not care about what peoples religious view are. If you believe in something, great. If you don't, that's fine too. Just don't rub that in everyone's face. Now Muslims do that all the time, it seems they like piss off everyone else and somehow have their religion justify it... (not saying other religions don't do that)

And what they are doing here is just plain wrong and pointless. Those pyramids are for everyone not just the middle-east or Egypt...Sad, very sad. *shakes head*

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I so hope this story is false.
I do not want to believe people can be so criminally ignorant as to say such things about our ancient worlds monuments,but I know there are such people.

The pyramids should be surrounded by an international force,with state of the art firepower to prevent this from happening if it is true.

If this train of thought is taken to its conclusion all inventions from before the birth of mohammed should also be laid waste to-no more paper,wheels,astronomy,weather forecasting,surgery and many more.

That includes BTW the pre islamic (PAGAN!!)creation of writing,which in turn would mean the destruction of all writtern works-including the Koran.

Do these idiots share a communal defective brain cell or what?

I so hope this story is false...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11I11
Neanderthals!

So when they knock down the pyramids and their tourism industry collapses they will wonder why there are no jobs anymore in Cairo!

I don't think they have had much of a tourism industry for the past couple years.
At least we might find out if there is anything under the sphinx's paw.
Sad times for archeology.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This would be like my fellow christians Calling for the destruction of stonehenge.

I hope this is just western propaganda. Do they think that muslims are being swayed over to Ancient Egyptian theology because these things exist?

People are crazy. And it's sad that it takes a loon like me to point that out.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Egypt may not be the only place where Muslim groups are tearing down/destroying ancient structures.

(CNN) -- Members of two Islamist militant groups destroyed tombs at a shrine to Muslim saints Tuesday, according to the mayor of Timbuktu, Mali, and other residents.
"The Islamists ordered the people to leave the area before they started smashing the tombs," Mayor Ousmane Halle said. "I saw both members of Ansar Dine and MUJAO, another Islamic faction in charge of the city. They were heavily armed and people had no choice but to leave when they started destroying the shrines."
It was the second time in the past two weeks that Ansar Dine, a militant group that seeks to impose strict Sharia law, has attacked the site's 16 mausoleums, built from mud and wood in the 15th century.

Source

This one is happening in Mali. It seems they are trying to remove the previous cultures of these countries. Really sad.

EDIT: I think this shrine is from their own religion though. Correct me if I am wrong on that one...

-SAP-
edit on 10-7-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-7-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
with all the mystery's of the pyramids, it would be interesting to see what other secrets they may be hiding but i suppose it wouldn't be a careful archaeological dismantle with them.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I could be wrong but I think the French and the British used the Sphinx as target practice. Unless of course thats BS.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Wha...T...F...?

I actually find this somewhat delusively amusing.

Of all the whining and complaining and judging and arguing and accusing and rebutting and debating and finger pointing and condemnation, etcetera, ad nauseum, among ATS members when religion is the topic, one thing y'all gotta admit now.....is that at least none of the other ones actually called for the destruction of the pyramids.

Unbelievable, just unbelievable.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

there is another thread on this..

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

edit on 10-7-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
I could be wrong but I think the French and the British used the Sphinx as target practice. Unless of course thats BS.

It is true. Both the French and British destroyed ancient artifacts through Egypt and Africa to undermine the cultural heritage of the people the colonised.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RadioHawken

In that day shall there be an altar to the Lord in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at the border thereof to the Lord.
And it shall be for a sign and for a witness unto the Lord of hosts in the land of Egypt: for they shall cry unto the Lord because of the oppressors, and he shall send them a saviour, and a great one, and he shall deliver them.

Read Isaiah 19:19
I believe it refers to the pyramids and some say Egyptians once worshiped the god of Israel.

the Egyptians will I give over into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them
And I will set the Egyptians against the Egyptians: and they shall fight every one against his brother, and every one against his neighbour; city against city, and kingdom against kingdom.

And the land of Judah shall be a terror unto Egypt, every one that maketh mention thereof shall be afraid in himself, because of the counsel of the Lord of hosts, which he hath determined against it.

In that day shall five cities in the land of Egypt speak the language of Canaan, and swear to the Lord of hosts; one shall be called, The city of destruction.

In that day shall there be an altar to the Lord in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at the border thereof to the Lord.

And it shall be for a sign and for a witness unto the Lord of hosts in the land of Egypt: for they shall cry unto the Lord because of the oppressors, and he shall send them a saviour, and a great one, and he shall deliver them.

And the Lord shall be known to Egypt, and the Egyptians shall know the Lord in that day, and shall do sacrifice and oblation; yea, they shall vow a vow unto the Lord, and perform it.

And the Lord shall smite Egypt: he shall smite and heal it: and they shall return even to the Lord, and he shall be intreated of them, and shall heal them.

In that day shall there be a highway out of Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrian shall come into Egypt, and the Egyptian into Assyria, and the Egyptians shall serve with the Assyrians.

In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, even a blessing in the midst of the land:

Whom the Lord of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.

edit on 043131p://bTuesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join