It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calls to Destroy Egypt's Great Pyramids Begin

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The fun thing is, if they start with one pyramid, the whole lot has to go.

There's, what, 110 pyramids in Egypt?
All of them built in such a way that if you dropped nukes all over Egypt, the pyramids will still be left over afterwards and say 'wut?'

The logistics alone for removing just the small pyramids is boggling.

On top of that, there's all the temples, statues, and other monuments to contend with.

As mentioned, there's the enormous revenue stream brought about by tourism. I'm certain were any of the pyramids and other trappings to start getting violently gone, none of it would go quietly, and lots of people would wind up dead in the fights, riots and mayhem that soon follow or come about because of this issue or the threat of it actually happening.

Without it's cultural heritage, Egypt doesn't mean much of squat to the rest of the world.
You destroyed the only thing the rest of world likes about you? Really?
I'm sure that'll result in the forgetting of mailing of certain invitations to parties.

Ah, so funny.

Will someone please start a crazy fun religion that worships fanatic Islamic brains? That way the fanatic Muslims can blow their own brains out to prevent the rest of us from worshiping their fanatic brains since allowing people to worship their fanatic Islamic brains would be an affront to Allah.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I seen that as well on CNN. It would seem that the country is pretty divided over this radical Mohamed Morsy from the Muslim Brotherhood. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next couple weeks in this story and what kind of leader this man is. I don't know about electing a radical as your leader though. How trustworthly can he be?

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoonra

The Muslim Brotherhood or other fanatics may want the Pyramids demolished

Actually the Brotherhood don't want to destroy the Pyramids, this report is a hoax and no doubt these lies are being instigated by Israel.

Remember that the Brotherhood offered to have good relations with Iran. Oh! How Israel howled.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Those Muslims better watch themselves here or the Gods of Ancient Egypt will Smite Them All for such a Blasphemy , Especially Amen Ra..........

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

It isn't that hard to destroy a pyramid.

The example you have used (nuclear) is pretty flawed for any building with a very stable base...like a pyramid.

High pressure wave, from the top arc...not great on thick walls, large base.

With access to the inside, a pyramid would be a large field of rubble in a couple of days, with a couple thousand dollars worth of explosives.

Here's hoping they don't do it.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The primary reason anyone goes to Egypt (for leisure) is the pyramids. There is no way the people in power could feasibly destroy the pyramids without driving the country into an economic apocalypse. Think of the hotel closures alone and all the people employed within the tourism industry. Its bread and butter stuff and the money comes from it is way too easy.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LouiseB

Oh even if they want to destroy the past,you have it correct-first they will loot and sell all artifacts-this is already happening.
THEN they blow up the ancient temples.

I hope stormdancer is correct that this is propaganda against the MB,but the OP source seems legit to me,at least on the surface.
Maybe the source works for a foreign power,and is spreading disinfo.

This is what my mind wants to believe,but I am aware the mind can massage certain things for its own protection sometimes.

The truth will out soon anyhow.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LouiseB
The primary reason anyone goes to Egypt (for leisure) is the pyramids. There is no way the people in power could feasibly destroy the pyramids without driving the country into an economic apocalypse. Think of the hotel closures alone and all the people employed within the tourism industry. Its bread and butter stuff and the money comes from it is way too easy.

There are other reasons, besides seeing the Pyramids, why people go to Egypt. Since you obviously couldn't be troubled to investigate before making your statement, I see no profit in correcting you.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Seems to me like a lot of the same going on around that area of the world. Didn't religious leaders call a destruction on Timbuktu? Almost like we want this to happen in the west. Removing Gaddaffi and Hawas has just left a "power vacuum" for religious zealots. Giving eventual resource options for the west.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Actually just the opposite is what is wanted!
Consider this...Perhaps this is a way to block off the Pyramids from tourists...

Hmmm maybe too many people visit the pyramids?

Maybe an Elite Secret Cabal wants to start some religious ceremonies without watchful eyes. But how do we get rid of all those pesky tourists?

Tightening down security because of a announced so-called threat under the guise of the spooky monster of terrorism!

Watch as they restrict the tourists more than they already do, on where and when they can go anywhere…and how there is no attack!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Actually the Brotherhood don't want to destroy the Pyramids, this report is a hoax and no doubt these lies are being instigated by Israel.

Remember that the Brotherhood offered to have good relations with Iran. Oh! How Israel howled.

It is a given that somewhere, out there, someone would be more than happy to be credited with the destruction of the Great Pyramids. Whether those are the people mentioned, it's too early to say. Regardless, the "Arab Spring" paved way for Egypt to no longer be united. There is a clear path for anyone able to do so financially and politically to gain control over the land and it's artifacts. This may be in the future or just a bad pipe dream but anything is possible... it's the 21st century.
edit on 10-7-2012 by MysteriousHusky because: spelling

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
That sounds like a massive waste of time and money. It would cost money to remove them and it would hurt future revenues due to the decrease in tourism. I doubt they will do it but if it did happen it would not the the first victory of religion over logic in history.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
when I get to hell I can call for ice water... doesn't mean I'll get it

I'll believe it when I see it.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be in some way ironic,
Yet also prophetic,
That our final war as a species took place over a dispute-

Concerning the protection of the last remnants of an ancient people.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
when I get to hell I can call for ice water... doesn't mean I'll get it

I'll believe it when I see it.

That only works if you assume hell even exists let alone another plane of consciousness. Anything is possible. Rags to riches, empire building to destruction and just in time for 2012 conspiracies to kick in.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MysteriousHusky

yeah I thought I was pretty clear

guess not so.... clarity? I'll believe it when I see it.

That goes for heaven, hell, pyramids coming down, nibiru, ice water, and anything else you want to mention.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
And thus begins the religious campaign to destroy what may possibly be the greatest collection of actual physical spiritual maps that this world has in its possession...

Why am I not surprised?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I really do not see this happening without bloodshed and revolt on part of the Egyptian people.
They are very protective of their heritage.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strakha
That sounds like a massive waste of time and money. It would cost money to remove them and it would hurt future revenues due to the decrease in tourism. I doubt they will do it but if it did happen it would not the the first victory of religion over logic in history.

You think these people care about tourism?

They hate tourism. They hate capitalism. They don't care about economic ruin or being poor. They have no interest in "being competitive" or "advancement".

These aggressive fundamentalists are a kind of subhuman species that just want to sit in a hut and pray all day, and in the evening perhaps get on top of one of their slave wives.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I really hope that cooler heads prevail,and prevents anything from happening to these monuments.I realize that they are in Egypt,therefore technically they beling to Egypt,but the people who now reside in Egypt ARE NOT tne ones who built them.They are wonders that should be studied.IMO The US should step in,however,that might be a bit of a problem as we have no allies in that part of the world.No true allies that is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join