It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calls by Islamists to Destroy Egyptian Pyramids Begin

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf10
religion disgusts me.
destroy all the churches instead.

And once the pyramids, and all the churches are gone, and they impose Sharia law on you, what then?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSnow
reply to post by beezzer

The same thing extremists from every other religion have done, Atheists included...Human nature.

Atheists seem to be the most intolerent people but maybe it's just this site. I don't see many people on the streets saying the vile and ignorant things they post on this site

edit: on second thought, maybe they are claiming to be atheist but are actually something else. Wouldn't surprise me these days with all the deception

edit on 10-7-2012 by HamrHeed because: add

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Shhhhh...........

Quiet Blaine......

Embrace Ignorance.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Those of us who care so deaply about the Egyptian gifts set on this earth, my also be interested in the secret digs and pillaging of those underground tunnels.
Go to GizaMap.com Or GizaMaps.com
Also, we were lied to in public school...no Pharos were buried in the pyramids. The we're buried near them.
I can't even fathom the monstrosity of thought that one would have to have to destroy Egypt. I would HOPE no country would stand by and do nothing to stop it. Borders be damned, that which was left belongs to the world!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
A few months ago I saw a special on the Discovery channel about what would happen to our planet if our Sun became a red giant/ super nova. Well according to scientist the ancient pyramids of egypt would be the last man made structures to melt on the planet!

Whoever built them were genius. The pyramids are at the exact center of the earth. I think the pyramids are some sort of a paper weight, among other things

2012 has been crazy so far....
edit on 10-7-2012 by Teeky because: wordn

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
So this is it?

This is the 2012 thing? They demolish the pyramids and by doing so release the secrets of the universe...or piss off somebody(thing) and bring the destruction of Earth.

Cool I knew it would be something like this.

Dang,
prolly

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I tend to think that this statement; "Calls by Islamists to Destroy Egyptian Pyramids Begin"
may be pure Propaganda against Muhammad Mursi and the brotherhood.

The article states:

According to several reports in the Arabic media, prominent Muslim clerics have begun to call for the demolition of Egypt’s Great Pyramids—or, in the words of Saudi Sheikh Ali bin Said al-Rabi‘i, those “symbols of paganism,” which Egypt’s Salafi party has long planned to cover with wax.
Most recently, Bahrain’s “Sheikh of Sunni Sheikhs” and President of National Unity, Abd al-Latif al-Mahmoud, called on Egypt’s new president, Muhammad Morsi, to “destroy the Pyramids and accomplish what the Sahabi Amr bin al-As could not.”

www.radicalislam.org...
also the same words and same author at:
frontpagemag.com...

If some one can find these statements other than in this article and not published
by the opposition, I might believe it.

Mursi and the brotherhood have enough to contend with, like reinstatement of Parliament
and the military who oppose them.

Is there any link to where this information in this article came from beyond
"several reports in the Arabic media" ?

I did go to Saudi Sheikh Ali bin Said al-Rabi‘i, as directed in the sites reference,
www.light-dark.net...
but all was Arabic. The same goes for Abd al-Latif al-Mahmoud:
www.madar24.com...

Since I Do Not read the language,Idon't know what was actually said. Anyone read Arabic?

With that said, if the statements are true and not propaganda I must assume the brotherhood
is not interested in the income that the country brings in from all of the tourism that comes
into Egypt by non-Muslim visiting theses ancient historical sites.
Well then ...they also have interest in destroying half the Aswan dam as it was half built by the
atheist Communists.
Or the Suez Canal that was developed by non-Muslims and used Egyptians as forced labor
most of which were non-Muslim.
An estimated 1.5 million people from all over the world helped build the Suez Canel.
How many of those were non-Muslim?

Maybe non-Muslims must make it clear to Muslims that if they destroy Egyptian history,Mecca and Medina should be reduced rubble, and not allow these Muslim holy sites from being rebuilt.

If they have no respect for the worlds heritage, why respect theirs.

The Israelis should also demolish the infamous Al-Aqsa mosque on the Jewish holiest site - Temple Mount.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
This is insane, will any government step in to stop such a thing? I feel like Prof. Farnsworth right now..."I don't want to live on this planet any more." More so if this actually happens, I truly hope the Egyptians themselves won't allow it to happen.

ALL religions have their zealots... they should just drink the kool-aid and just f*ck off and die.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Shameless plug, but it's very relevant for our times....
The Destruction of Human History

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf10
religion disgusts me.
destroy all the churches instead.

You may get your wish as in egypt they are killing christians and attacking churches. Does that make you happy?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I had hoped that the revolt in Egypt would have been beneficial to the people.If this is a preview of things to come from this group I fear nothing but trouble for Egypt,the region and world.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jar11

They must be stopped. This is just getting out of hand now.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I know I'm going to get h-e-double hockey sticks for this but why not.

They won't get their way. Here's why.

Isaiah 19:19-20 says,"In THAT DAY there will be an ALTAR to the LORD in the MIDST of the land of Egypt, and a PILLAR at the BORDER thereof to the Lord. And IT shall be a SIGN and a WITNESS to the Lord of hosts in the land of Egypt: for they shall cry to the Lord because of the oppressors, and He will send them a Savior, and a Great One and He shall deliver them".

The Great Pyramid will be standing "in that day," when the Seventh Trumpet announces the great and dreadful day of the Lord and two prophets go forth to introduce the parousia of Israel's Savior

[url=http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/great.htm]The Great Pyramid in the Bible

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I highly doubt they could even do this, after reading how much effort it took the to destroy the Buddha statues, I can't even begin to fathom how they would destroy structures we still don't fully understand the construction of.

Hell, if they flew planes into them, worse case they might chip them!

Maybe they will contact Anubis to use that weapon with the eye of Ra as a power source

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I feel extremely saddened by just the thought of this, but if a persons culture has gotten so backward in time that they start sprouting people who want to abolish cultural landmarks because it annoys them, then this is their cultural loss. And there is really nothing we can do about it. And to claim that there will be backlash onto every Muslim on the planet over this is kind of silly and rash as well. I don't think the rest of the Egyptians will actually sit and let this happen ofcourse.

Not that I think the Egyptians can destroy the pyramids any more than they already have, if anyone here has been to Egypt, they would know what I'm talking about. The pyramids have been suffering on the hands of poachers, local tourists who use the pyramids for bathroom and time, where the outside panels of the pyramids have been stolen. I mean, when you go into the museums that house the ancient artifacts, you can see that they don't have the money to put them under temp. controlled containers so they're left open for people to see, simply inside glass boxes. Even if the extremists don't destroy these artifacts, the Egyptians themselves will over time.

edit on 11-7-2012 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9
reply to post by jar11

There is a prophecy stated in Hermetica of what will come to fruition in Egypt (although I'm a skeptic when it comes to prophecies, it's still interesting nonetheless)...

Hermetica Prophecy

I'm mad at the blatant disregard for antiquities (Ancient Egyptian artifacts/archaeological sites) which are being looted and destroyed in Egypt, simply for money.

The prophecy is interesting. But they are wrong about the "Age of Aquarius" being upon us. Their calculations are based on the wrong zodiac (the Tropical based on the seasons). According to the correct zodiac, the "Age of Aquarius" is more than 2,000 years in the future.

I think they are right about a worldwide catastrophe. I think it's not that far off.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by sonnny1

Shameless plug, but it's very relevant for our times....
The Destruction of Human History

Well,they cant get to these.........

Robert Littman, an Egyptologist at the University of Hawaii and a member of the Governing Board of the Archaeological Institute of America, said the discoveries are highly significant.

"There are 138 known pyramids in Egypt plus these 17 more that have been discovered. That is increasing the number by 15 per cent overnight. It's huge," he said.

And you wonder why, hes not in charge anymore.......

"This is completely wrong information. Any archaeologist will deny this completely," Zahi Hawass

Idea of 17 hidden pyramids is 'wrong'

edit on 11-7-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
When the Taliban began to blow up the Ancient Buddhist Statues carved into the Mountains and cliffs of Afghanistan...I could tell then that this had gone too far. To make a statement about destroying the Pyramids at Giza...that would not be so easy.

But just the fact that they said it is a sick view of the World and all it's different people.
Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I can't imagine this happening, but I would not be shocked if it did.

I remember during the uprising, museums and the like were ransacked and artifacts destroyed and there didn't seem to be any backlash then, although this would be on a far greater scale.

I think as been noted, Muslims are Muslims, regardless of the land in which they live or even are born. Many young Muslims in Britain, although becoming more secular in many ways, also seem to be becoming more cult like in many ways with regards to being a Muslim. In Britain, it is almost like being in a gang now, many of them drink, smoke weed, do much that is deemed as evil by their own religion, but then claim to be a Muslim, but as I said, in almost a militant tone. I don't believe it is the religion, I do believe it is youngsters wanting more of an identity, totally unappreciative of what Western countries offer as oppossed to Islamic countries and most don't really care for Islam, but want that sense of belonging. I think its 50/50 where the blame lies, many of the parents and grandparents never integrated in to British society, British governments allowed them to set up communities that are now like ghettos!

I think the general problem with many Muslims throughout Africa, Asia and the Middle East is that they are where many Christians were, 500 years ago. Many believe that they will dominate and it is the one true religion and so all other religions are false. Unfortunately, it is also on the decline, birth rates in Islamic countries are dropping at a massive rate and even the birth rates in Western countries are not rapidly increasing, as many would have you believe, this is where a religion or followers of a dying belief, are at their most dangerous.

The backlash of destroying the pyramids would be huge, I can't imagine what it would cause in Egypt itself, it will either be nothing or a bloodbath. However, recently Police in the UK pulled over a car with a few Muslim guys in it armed to the teeth and carrying a nail bomb that was apparently on route to a far right march. Now I for one am glad that the Police caught this mob, had these people succeeded, there would've been a war in this country, without a doubt, that would've been the spark that set this country in flames.

It does make me think, are Muslims being lead down the path to their own destruction?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by deckdel
Well... Christians destroyed Alexandrian library ... Stupidity seems to follow mankind where ever it ventures...

Of the same reason, I firmly believe mankind left Mars to destroy yet another planet.

Oh? When did Julius Caesar become a Christian? I ask only since it was him that "accidentally" burned down the library in 48BC when setting his ship on fire during his battle with Pompey and Achillas after Pompey hauled ass off to Egypt. I am just curious, because history states that Constantine was the first Christian Roman Emperor in 312 AD.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join