It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calls by Islamists to Destroy Egyptian Pyramids Begin

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

As a heart attack.
Why?

Insert demeaning ridicule and snide remarks based on your own insecurties here. _____________________

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

They can't even get along with each other! You don't see mass violence around the globe between Christians, Baptists, Catholics, Evangelicals, Presbyterians, etc...

Are you kidding?

What about Western history and culture. Europe, England, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Scotland, Netherlands. etc

edit on 10-7-2012 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

They can't even get along with each other! You don't see mass violence around the globe between Christians, Baptists, Catholics, Evangelicals, Presbyterians, etc...

Are you kidding?

What about Western history and culture. Europe, England, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Scotland, Netherlands. etc

Oh yeah of course back then there were a lot religious strife within Christianity, including the crusades. At the moment, Islam is the only religion on Earth that is causing strife overtly - globally. Yes the west is causing problems in the middle east and there are unfortunate occasions where innocents die.

But It seems like wherever theres a large population of Muslims in any country, trouble follows. It's fact.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

But It seems like wherever theres a large population of Muslims in any country, trouble follows. It's fact.

Yeah, I hear ya there.
Kinda like
wherever theres a large population of Christians in any country, trouble follows. It's fact. It's a fact indeed!

edit on 10-7-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
If we go deep into history every religion, every race, every nation is guilty of extreme violence at some point or other...

We're talking about here and now, in 2012. You're suggesting Islam, in general, is as tolerant as Christianity in general? Every bit as good, and as bad? Equal?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Yeah, I hear ya there.
Kinda like
wherever theres a large population of Christians in any country, trouble follows. It's fact. It's a fact indeed!

Give an example. Oh and it can't be from 1500. Islam has been a scourge on the earth for at least at LEAST the last thousand years.

Example: the word "slave".... you know where it comes from? Ottoman Empire taking Slavic (slav!) peoples as human booty by the hundreds of thousands. Read a history book then get back with us.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Yeah, I hear ya there.
Kinda like

I'm talking about Muslim immigrants in Europe destroying the culture, heritage, and traditions. You don't see mass Christian immigrants going to countries because all of the most stable countries are non-Muslim. If I were to move to a country in the middle east without worrying for my life, it would be the UAE. Funny how the UAE is a collection of states that form to what it is. Kinda like Christian America huh?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Whats up with being denied posting privileges?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if this happened. The Abrahamic Religions are notorious for destroying anything related to paganism. Now, I don't think their destruction would be a tragedy or other such nonsense like that. The Pyramids, on the surface at least, are nothing more than structures. I suppose that I just don't buy into the hype that is what others have called a historical or cultural loss. All things turn to dust eventually. What I'm trying to say is that the so called reason for their potential destruction infuriates me far more than their actual destruction would. This type of Stone Age thinking is absurd.

I can't help myself. Do you see the hypocrisy of your post? You berate a person as a religious bigot for generalizing Muslims yet you make a sweeping generalization of your own. Bigot indeed.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I swear to god, allah, whoever, that if these mutts start tearing down the Pyramids I'll go there myself and start taking people out.

The Pyramids don't belong to a single country or culture, they belong to us as a SPECIES, they are part of our collective inheritance. That's the way I see it, at least. The ownership of such awe-inspiring monuments from deep history shouldn't be passed around like the deed to a warehouse complex. Once they are gone, they are gone, forever. Never to be seen again for the billions upon billions of years this universe will exist.

I'm incredibly sick and tired of religious zealots. They are responsible for such a massive destruction of our history as a species that I don't think we'll ever know the full extent of it. And to think such destruction is STILL happening in today's world makes me more angry than I prefer to be.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Know what the ironic thing is? Muslims are always complaining about the lack of tolerance people have for their religion. But I guess they can do anything they want, considering how they believe that they are right, because there is 'no god but Allah' (cited from one of their prayers)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

Don't get too excited. I'm sure if anything of great significance was found it would be covered up immediately.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jar11

Well, we all know the Muslim Brotherhood is really being run behind the scenes by CIA. It's the newest version of the Roman Catholic Church.

So then we then wonder why the stance on the Pyramids.

I can only guess that they WANT TO MAKE THE WORLD ANGRY. WAR and CHAOS so they can make money.

Don't be fooled by the Muslim Brotherhood and Al-Qaida. Snakes in wolves clothing.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This is cover for the push to reveal what lies beneath.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Are you kidding?

Oh yeah of course back then there were a lot religious strife within Christianity, including the crusades. At the moment, Islam is the only religion on Earth that is causing strife overtly - globally. Yes the west is causing problems in the middle east and there are unfortunate occasions where innocents die.

You are blind to the fact that the US is the cause of strife in the world today. Are you too young to remember who created Al CIA Duh or just too ignorant?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

Oh for crying out loud, Islam is killing itself. Islam cannot even tolerate itself, they fight and kill each other over minor differences. THAT has nothing to do with the West or the US.

I've had it with this.
edit on 10-7-2012 by Clisen33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
If the pyramids come down, how about the dome comes down? Sounds fair to me. But I hope the article proves to be wrong.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I guess few are aware the Great Pyramid is made of quite a few blocks (say 1 million), each being 2 metric tons of solid limestone. It won't be coming down any time soon.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Some people have speculated based on both esoterica and the desire for control that the intention of the new world order is to end organized religion.

Frankly, the more I hear from both sides, the more it sounds like that would be okay by me. Faith only gets trampled by some of these idiotic beliefs anyway, and to see a piece of the heritage of man ruined by dogma would be the last straw.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Money talks. Tourism is the second biggest source of income in Egypt. It earns close to 15 billion a year.

The pyramids will not go anywhere.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join