It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Code Compliance Officer" Enters Woman's Home, Wakes Her In Bed, Says Her Grass Is Too Long

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
My folks old house was burglarized and vandalized after they'd died and the house was empty....and locked

One of the burglars ? Grandson of former city police chief.......he was caught by a neighbor, not the police...

While I was at the police station, one of the older officers blurted out when I told them the address,
"That house is full of old furniture!"...........(so who else had he told about this supposed 'treasure trove' ?) And when did he seeee this stuff?? My Mom was not one to' have in' even her next door neighbors....she was like that.

Another one, when I casually mentioned that one of the burglars had worn Dad's WW2 uniform around the house and then thrown it in a corner when it got too hot, probably leaving plenty of sweat DNA......announced:
"DNA does not exist.....that is only on TV!"

(Not, "we can't afford to do testing, unless you want to pay for it."...but it does NOT exist!)

So there you have it.....the truth is out.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AtlasShrugging

what is scarier is most rapists start out as burglars. and most murderers start out as rapists. it all stems from burglars.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
That is not acceptable behavior for a person to do. He should lose his job and anyone in authority over him who protects his action or authorized his action should be removed from authority. Simple solution to the problem.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

This is kind of hilarious, but it was probably frightening for the poor woman. If this happened to my wife, that guy might get a similar wake up from me one day.

You have to watch these code enforcement officers though, in my old hometown, we had a dog catcher that was actually an undercover Federal Agent, and he ended up killing two drug dealers when they attacked him at his house. They found out he was a narc, and they stalked him, and jumped him, and he fought them off and shot them both dead! That is a hella well-trained dog catcher!

I once answered my door naked, thinking it was Jehovah's Witnesses, but instead it was a cop there to arrest me for not paying a previous ticket for my dog getting out. It was a long sordid affair between me and the cop, and he had been harassing me for awhile, I had ripped the ticket up in front of him, and he waited til the court date passed and came back to arrest me. It isn't fun getting arrested while you're naked, but he was nice enough to let me slip some boxer shorts on before he put me in his patrol car.

This lady should definitely sue, but she'll have to feign some emotional trauma and injury for it to be worth any money.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The guys lucky to still be breathing as i'm sure alot of Americans sleep with a gun close to the bed and waking up and seeing some fool standing there he'd probably barely have chance to mutter a word before someone put him down for good

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Was her door not locked?!? Why is she sleeping in an unlocked house. Seems foolhardy to me.
I have to say, if that guy walked into my house like that his behind would have been thoroughly beat, from my bedroom door to my front door and out to the street. I take my private space VERY seriously. If you violate it you will regret it.
She needs to get a dog to warn her of stuff like this.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Serves you right for trying to flash the Jehovah Witnesses.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
i get endless crap from friends and family about the overgrown state of my garden. i don't care, i like it that way. this fool 'officer' stepped over a line, both figuratively and literally. had he been shot dead, he would have deserved it for his stupidity. illegal grass length? crap.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
What ever happened to the days when if a neighbor was so concerned about someones grass high, he might offer to cut it for them. Now it is spend tax money to have laws made and enforced over a lawn.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkmoon1972
Was her door not locked?!? Why is she sleeping in an unlocked house. Seems foolhardy to me.
I have to say, if that guy walked into my house like that his behind would have been thoroughly beat, from my bedroom door to my front door and out to the street. I take my private space VERY seriously. If you violate it you will regret it.
She needs to get a dog to warn her of stuff like this.

I rarely lock my doors. I lock them at night when the whole family is going to sleep, but they are never locked during the day, and they are rarely locked when we aren't home. A thief is going to break in anyway, I might as well save the cost of repairs to the windows or doors.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
this is NOT about big gov 'mnt and rights, this is about an ***hole freelancing and breaking the law. he's been fired, and will probably see some jail time.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Serves you right for trying to flash the Jehovah Witnesses.

True. I don't know what it was about that house, but I got visited a couple of times every damn week! I was working nights at the time, and different groups of 2 or 3 would knock on my door and wake me up all the time, so I started just stumbling to the door naked, swinging it open, and asking how I could help them. I was hoping they would stop knocking, but it didn't seem to work.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Put up a no trespassing sign or a beware of owner sign. Most of them will respect that and not come to your door.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
in the uk its scary the number of people that are allowed into your home traffic wardens etc i cant remember them all but its about 14 i think . we have the long grass thing to only last week the council were seconds from breaking my door in to check my water boiler was safe its only 15 months old billing me £110 pounds $180 usd for doing so . i had not been in on 2 visits so on the 3 they force entry at your cost .gas / electric readers are the same . i never lock my door you dont have to where i live but any goverment twat that entered would be getting hacksawed up in the bath

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Here's a few other things you can try:

www.keegan.org...
edit on 10-7-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I had to start locking mine all the time. I used to get people walking into my enclosed porch all the time. The door bell is outside. They would ring it then walk right in like they lived there. Pissed my dogs off big time.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I dont know whats worse, the fact the neighbours complained about the grass being too long or the fact it's a violation and then this guy walks into her house to serve her a violation while she's asleep
given me a chuckle anyway.

I may come across as dopey here but why is it a violation if your grass is too long?.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by restless genius

Because code enforcement has to have something to justify their pay. That and to gain revenue for the municipality.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
this is NOT about big gov 'mnt and rights, this is about an ***hole freelancing and breaking the law. he's been fired, and will probably see some jail time.

I somewhat disagree.. Yes, it is most likely the dudes attempt to maybe thieve from the house, and covered his motive by saying he was giving her a violation ticket.. HOWEVER, he has not been fired, he has been suspended during the investigation, and that to me shows that his bosses are in cahoots with him, not necessarily about the thieving, but they don't see it as something wrong, otherwise he would have been fired asap, no?
Also, the reason she is filing suit is to make the guy have some consequences.. as far as i understood from the article and video, he is NOT being charged whatsoever, just under investigation right now
edit on 7/10/2012 by Nspekta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

There wouldn't be anything to charge him for. If the door was unlocked, he didn't break and enter, he wasn't trespassing, because he had lawful authority to be there. The only thing they could charge him with would be bad manners.

I doubt he even loses his job, unless they fire him just for public relations.

What if she had been in a compromising position when he strolled into her bedroom? The guy is a moron of the highest order. He's lucky she didn't have a pitbull, or a pitbull/boyfriend, or a fragile temperment and a shotgun! They should fire him for his own good really.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join