It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Code Compliance Officer" Enters Woman's Home, Wakes Her In Bed, Says Her Grass Is Too Long

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Nspekta

There wouldn't be anything to charge him for. If the door was unlocked, he didn't break and enter, he wasn't trespassing, because he had lawful authority to be there. The only thing they could charge him with would be bad manners.

I doubt he even loses his job, unless they fire him just for public relations.

What if she had been in a compromising position when he strolled into her bedroom? The guy is a moron of the highest order. He's lucky she didn't have a pitbull, or a pitbull/boyfriend, or a fragile temperment and a shotgun! They should fire him for his own good really.

What i can't beleive is that he can't be charged with tresspassing! Yeah, he may have the authority to go onto her lawn to measure the grass length (which is bs to me too) but to enter her house! I can;t imagine he has that authority! Ugh.... this world just keeps getting more and more messed up!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

I could be wrong, but I don't think there is a distinction for trespassing between the yard and the house. If he had permission to be on the property it would extend to any accessible part of the property. If the door had been locked, it would be a different thing altogether, but since it was essentially open, I don't know how that works.

He isn't a sworn officer, so he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt with excuses like hearing a crime in progress, or reasonable suspicion of hiding evidence. He is just a guy with a ticket book, so the closed door might be enough to get him some charges, I'm not too sure.

I just can't help but think of all the ways this could have gone wrong. They have to at least fire him, for his own safety, and for public safety. That guy has some very poor decision making skills.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Glad they don't have code compliance here. I'd be getting tickets everyday for my grass.

Man, there something wrong with that dude. He's probably a predator locked in a skeleton closet.
edit on 10-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Nspekta

I could be wrong, but I don't think there is a distinction for trespassing between the yard and the house. If he had permission to be on the property it would extend to any accessible part of the property. If the door had been locked, it would be a different thing altogether, but since it was essentially open, I don't know how that works.

He isn't a sworn officer, so he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt with excuses like hearing a crime in progress, or reasonable suspicion of hiding evidence. He is just a guy with a ticket book, so the closed door might be enough to get him some charges, I'm not too sure.

I just can't help but think of all the ways this could have gone wrong. They have to at least fire him, for his own safety, and for public safety. That guy has some very poor decision making skills.

I hope he can get charged, although it appears that he most likely won't
I see what you are saying though.. property is the whole property, and if the compliance officers do have authority to be on the property, then i guess it may extend to the house too. Eitherway, Its WRONG! I dunno what i would have done if that had been me, but it wouldn;t have been pretty!
And you are right, it could have gone down a lot of worse ways! In many other households, he woulda been droppped with a shotgun hole in him!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Police officers can't enter your house without a warrant. This pisses me off to no end. How the hell does this sob have the authority to just enter somebody's house like that? It's bs, nobody should have the authority to jsut enter your house like that. If it were me I'd sue any way I can.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Would an intelligent, highly educated person, male or female, take a job in code enforcement?

Would a person, capable of critical, self reflective thought be hired by the code enforcement agencies?

Would a grounded, thoughtful, supportive, compassionate person choose to work in a position that gets nothing but anger and hostility everyday?

What kind of person is best suited for code enforcement jobs?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Has anyone found a statute that says code enforcement can enter a house without permission? That just doesn't sound right.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
reply to post by Nspekta

Huh... Incrementalism, I guess. They want to get us used to complying at all times with all officials, taking orders without question, and obeying their commands instantaneously.

You gotta start somewhere....

Yeah right and how precisely do you imagine that.

You are implying some sort of COC. So did the Illuminati supreme leader call the Sheriffs Office and told them specifically to send the this guy into this ladies home in order to get us all used to complying ?

I love a good conspiracy, but I have a hard time following your logic.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Some tall grass on a property is attractive and more natural. In fact, put some bushes or small trees there. Too many properties are just lawn and mower and nothing else. That's lotsa' Co2.

Not very many people understand ecology and AGW. That's a big reason for it.

I'd be more understanding if their laws enforced more ecologically-sensitive regulations. So they'd have to emphasize diversity and more natural solutions to curb Co2 emissions.

Regretfully, we'll never know everything and sometimes we'll be wrong. That's the problem with big government. There's wisdom in giving citizens some freedom. Sometimes eccentrics are RIGHT.

Micheal Crichton complained about something similar in some of his books when he'd rant about how the internet will destroy cultural diversity and limit innovation because it homogenizes everything in a similar way that big government does. I don't exactly agree with this perspective, but I do think that putting everybody on the same page with big government and hyper fast communication does limit diversity some. I'm just not sure whether I should be worried about it or not. My opinion is that along with these technologies and government systems come benefits. It's not all negatives. Some big government may be needed to handle large scale problems that require teamwork and cooperation. And cheap, fast communication has definitely saved lives and sped up routine processes. But it could be that sometimes we need weirdos, like Einstein or MLK or Giordano Bruno, to shake the boat. While they were perceived to be weird and possibly radical in their own eras, they weren't truly appreciated until future generations tested and confirmed the endurance and integrity of their ideas. So when we confront untested and possibly repulsive ideas or behaviors, we should be mindful of this. For it might be that at some future time these things will save us from harm or otherwise prove themselves.
edit on 10-7-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
In GA, it seems as though entering someone's house is not trespass unless there is a sign or notice stating otherwise, or previous notice given.

(a) A person commits the offense of criminal trespass when he or she intentionally damages any property of another without consent of that other person and the damage thereto is $500.00 or less or knowingly and maliciously interferes with the possession or use of the property of another person without consent of that person.

(b) A person commits the offense of criminal trespass when he or she knowingly and without authority:

(1) Enters upon the land or premises of another person or into any part of any vehicle, railroad car, aircraft, or watercraft of another person for an unlawful purpose;

(2) Enters upon the land or premises of another person or into any part of any vehicle, railroad car, aircraft, or watercraft of another person after receiving, prior to such entry, notice from the owner, rightful occupant, or, upon proper identification, an authorized representative of the owner or rightful occupant that such entry is forbidden; or

(3) Remains upon the land or premises of another person or within the vehicle, railroad car, aircraft, or watercraft of another person after receiving notice from the owner, rightful occupant, or, upon proper identification, an authorized representative of the owner or rightful occupant to depart.

law.onecle.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Originally posted by Nspekta
The video does mention that this guy used to work in the sheriffs office, but left after admitting to theiving a computer.. and now works for the compliance department.. ugh Compliance department.. just sounds evil doesn't it?!

Break down: He is a thief. He got caught stealing while working in the sherrifs office. He went to serve this lady, no one answered, he broke in to thieve, saw the lady and instead of looking like a thief (which he is) he wakes her up to cover his ass.

You sir, have nailed it. I think that this is exactly what happened.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I would have blew his head clean off, and put two in his chest for good measure!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
No, no, no!! You're all looking at this the wrong way! Now, whatcha do is, you let your grass grow really long, and all other manner and sundry of 'code violations' and then you wait for the code enforcement Nazis to show up, blow their tiny little brains out, and there you go! You gots yurself 200 lbs of prime rib right there.

Or at least dog food for the rest of the year. Not to mention a free car filled with gas and government plates on it; that might come in handy, too.

Y'all need to start thinking differently for the Apocalypse, just in case Jeezus don't come for y'all right away, or Heaven is already filled up with 144,000 people and they ain't letting any more in.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Most towns and cities in the US have some sort of grass ordinance on the books, tall grass is considered a health problem because of the possibility of rodents, the compliance officer is a city employee BUT is not deputized and has no right to trespass.

The city in this case will go through the due process of investigation and a hearing and eventually the city will fire him. If i was the woman i would hire a good attorney and file criminal trespass charges against the guy and also file suit against the city.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
all i can say is that guy would have met my .45 to the face if he walked into my place.
total lunacy.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

A friend of mine that grew up in the projects in New Orleans during the 80s and early 90s said something similar. In his old neighborhood people don't walk down the sidewalks, because folks will hide in the weeds, jump out of their own front yard and rob you and jump back into the weeds. He said when he was a kid, everyone walked down the middle of the street so you had ample time to see who was approaching you and run if need be.

Tall grass is good for some things I suppose.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
There's always someone in every workplace where logical thinking just doesn't register. Either this guy is one of them, or he is clueless on the parameters of the law he is supposed to enforce. I wouldn't be surprised if he was hired just for political reasons.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I would have probably physically attacked the person with my grandpa's sword that I keep next to my bed, had that happened to me.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by crankyoldman
Would an intelligent, highly educated person, male or female, take a job in code enforcement?

Would a person, capable of critical, self reflective thought be hired by the code enforcement agencies?

Would a grounded, thoughtful, supportive, compassionate person choose to work in a position that gets nothing but anger and hostility everyday?

What kind of person is best suited for code enforcement jobs?

The BTK Killer was a code enforcement officer, remember reading about him taking a ruler to people he was harassing yards.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
He should've just made himself breakfast too since he was so eager to get a law suit.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join