It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Code Compliance Officer" Enters Woman's Home, Wakes Her In Bed, Says Her Grass Is Too Long

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
WJBF.com
Via, BlackListedNews.com

MARTINEZ, GA -- Columbia County Code Enforcement Officer on administrative leave after he walked into a woman's home to serve her a violation..

There is a video on both of the links above, Sorry, I haven't been able to find it on youtube yet, if i can, I will post it. *If anyone else finds it, please post it! thx!

Anwyays, the Video (part of a home security system, with a couple different angles) shows the 'compliance officer' knocking, not hearing anything and noone answered the door, so he just goes right in, searching for the occupant, Erica Masters, who happened to be sleeping in her OWN HOME!
WTF! He tells her to wake up, get up and receive her violation for her grass being too long!!

UM,... talk about a REAL VIOLATION! omg..

Found a transcript of the video on Information Liberation.com

A Columbia County "Code Compliance Officer" intent on serving a woman with a violation for her grass being too long chose to enter the woman's home, walk into her bedroom, then wake the woman from her sleep to inform her of her infraction.

WJBF-TV reports:

...Erica Masters woke to Jimmy Vowell serving her a violation at her bedroom doorway. Vowell knocked at her door to give her a violation for her grass being too long. After knocking several times, he entered her home, walked into her bedroom, and told her to get up. He's now on administrative leave until the investigation is complete.
The Code Compliance Officer, Jimmy Vowell, was fired from his previous government job working for the County Sheriff after admittedly stealing a computer from their property room. His new employer, another government agency based around state-sanctioned theft, must have thought that made him perfect for the job.

It kinda goes along with this other thread that was big last month,
Woman Sues City of Tulsa For Cutting Down Her Edible Garden
The video does mention that this guy used to work in the sheriffs office, but left after admitting to theiving a computer.. and now works for the compliance department.. ugh Compliance department.. just sounds evil doesn't it?!

The lady does admit that her grass is long and such, and that her neighbors have complained, but seriously, it does NOT justify him entering her home, trespassing, scaring the # out of her!
Can you imagine waking up to that dude in your house?!

What happened to private property rights? HOW can they not know to do this?

Thoughts?!

edit on 7/10/2012 by Nspekta because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/10/2012 by Nspekta because: added link and transcript

edit on 7/10/2012 by Nspekta because: ...

edit on Wed Jul 11 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: added video, per OP

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Huh... Incrementalism, I guess. They want to get us used to complying at all times with all officials, taking orders without question, and obeying their commands instantaneously.

You gotta start somewhere....

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Honestly after watching the video and hearing the complaint I wouldn't be surprised if this guy has done many other things like this. Not "bad" things, but "I just don't give a rat's arse about the laws, I am the law" type of stuff. In the video you see him go to her bedroom, say something then walk out. It appeared clear he wasn't trying to be a pervert or anything, just he was overstepping the law to do what he wanted.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
He's lucky he didn't get shot. Many might have shot and killed him and been justified with the home intrusion thinking there was a stranger in their house who could be armed and already broke in unannouced. He wouldn't have been alive to give his side of the story. I guess she is very trusting of the neighbors to leave her door unlocked.

+54 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nspekta
The video does mention that this guy used to work in the sheriffs office, but left after admitting to theiving a computer.. and now works for the compliance department.. ugh Compliance department.. just sounds evil doesn't it?!

Break down: He is a thief. He got caught stealing while working in the sherrifs office. He went to serve this lady, no one answered, he broke in to thieve, saw the lady and instead of looking like a thief (which he is) he wakes her up to cover his ass.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

This might be the funniest thing I have ever read.

I know it's horribly wrong and an obvious abuse of one's job, but I just can't stop laughing because I'm picturing the guy standing over the lady's bed holding the notice.

"Hey Lady! Get up! Your #ing grass is too long!"

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

I think you may be correct. A thief with the excuse that he was serving notice if he saw someone inside the home could give that excuse. If he didn't see anyone or any security camera, he could have instead taken whatever he wanted. He may have done so in some other homes and people may not have noticed or maybe they did. Maybe he didn't see anything worth taking in the other homes he entered illegally. I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't his first time doing such a thing. It sounds like a good plan to check out someone's house except for the part where you could get shot and killed. I wouldn't do that where I live at or you would get shot at.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I didn't watch vid but was this woman asleep alone at home with the door unlocked, cause Mary mother of god what kind of rainbow filled land of carealot was she raised in.
1 good thing to come out of this is she might have just learned a lesson which could save her life.

This guy is idiot of the week for sure, what if he he had woken her up served the notice had her get pissed and accuse him of sexual assault, or shoot him. Talk about taking dumb to a whole new level.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Agree w/others

He walked right in like he belonged. No hesitation, no caution, no sneaking, no (visible) weapon. That says to me that he's done it successfully several times before. And even scarier, he knew that there was no dog & most likely no man.

I'd bank on him really casing the joint & anticipating that no one was home. Then he either realized she was there, or saw the camera, & played it off & got outta dodge.

If I was at that Sheriff's Dept, we'd be case matching burglaries with code violations & issuing search warrants if there were a connection. They may just have gotten their man!
edit on 10-7-2012 by AtlasShrugging because: danged keyboard can't spell

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
On the note about the computer.. I don't think he saw himself as a thief. Really I think he felt justified in taking it. It was in evidence lock-up, why should it go to waste, I need a damn computer and I deserve it. It would fit his M.O. to this point. Besides he resigned over the controversy of it, he was never charged. He took it, someone called him out on it and said it was theft/wrong, he argued back that he should have it and finally threw his hands up over it always thinking he was in the right. Probably justified it with something like "my kids need it for school" or something.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
She could've shot this guy for trespassing. The BTK killer was a compliance officer too. And from what acquaintances said on his route, he was a real ass. Had a real superiority complex.

edit on 7/10/12 by Evildead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Dude is lucky she wasnt awake and packing.

That would have been one heavy dead sob laying in the hallway.

THIS.....is why America stays armed.

...because of freaks like this.

Its not only our govt and thugs we worry about. Its people in general.

Psychos.

Lucky nothing happened to her.

Keep your doors locked ladies.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Break down: He is a thief. He got caught stealing while working in the sherrifs office. He went to serve this lady, no one answered, he broke in to thieve, saw the lady and instead of looking like a thief (which he is) he wakes her up to cover his ass.

Very possible explanation.

Makes far more sense than what he claims to have been doing there.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Wow unbelievable!! This is why standing up for your rights is so important. I don't care who you are if you're entering a home unlawfully and unwelcome you're are a intruder! This dude was in plain clothes for crying out loud! If this happen where I am from this guy would be seriously pushing up daisies. Most around here are hard working home/gun owners that wouldn't think twice about shooting this A-hole.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Guy in the video looks super sketchy. Peeking into windows, looking around/over his shoulder when he got inside...definately seems like theif behavior. It's completely reasonable to think this ahole was up to no good.

Hope this guy lands in some thick legal trouble, he's nothing but a thug!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

What surprises me the most about this story is that you can actually get fined for having too long grass!! What kind of sick society is that??? Nature can´t have it´s way anymore without someone complaining and even fining you for it, even if it is YOUR OWN PROPERTY??

No wonder the sheep don´t have time to understand the bigger issues when they go around worrying about their grass being too long, wasting their time on issues like this(having to cut their grass in time etc)

I bet this is the plan though. Wasting peoples times with imbecillic laws and regulations so that they will never have a chance...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Unbelievable. He could have posted the violation to her door. He is actually guilty of breaking and entering; however, if this happened in Indiana the courts would probably have upheld it after ruling last year that police can enter your home without a warrant if they feel compelled to do so.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

The "Tiptoe to Totalitarianism". Getting us used to violations a bit at a time, until we are stopped at random and being asked for our papers.

It is getting to that point. I think "they" either want us use to it, or are getting us upset to the point of revolution so they can institute marshal law.

"Never waste a crisis".

two roads diverged in a yellow wood... The well worn path, the path of death and destruction, the unworn, grassy path, perhaps a "heaven on earth".

TPTB are trying to go down the well worn path, because they have done it before. They know it works, or thought they knew it worked. But, the times are changing. I'm not sure if they are for the better, or worse (I hope for the better). But, it is also up to us, the global consciousness, to help steer the ship to where we want it to go, not to where "they" (the service-to-self) want us to go.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
At my house he would of most likely been shot and at the very least and would have received a good old fashioned butt whippin while I held him until the real police arrived.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

In some states it is not breaking and entering if the door is unlocked it would only be tresspassing.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join