It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of records broken: Jet stream pulled up towards Canada, out of whack says meteorologists

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by murkraz

I don't know why anyone's surprised. We've been warned about the consequences of global warming for awhile now, we're starting to see the beginning of real pains for our actions.

Yeah yeah yeah, many of you don't wanna believe in anthropogenic global warming, but it's real, and this weather can be very easily explained by the decades of human screw-ups in relation to the biosphere/atmosphere.

Don't be surprised, be angry and work to change it. There's no mystical conspiracy, humans are the worst thing that's happened to this planet in a very long time, here's the decaying fruit of our labors.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

ya i know, big gulit trip time again,,

ozone hole,,mankinds fault,,
Acid Rain,,mankinds fault,,
Drought in the Sahara,, u guessed it,,
record breaking heat wave,,yup,,
floods ,hurricanes,tornado's,hail,earthquakes,,yup,,cause its all harp,, so,,,
Arctic melting,,same,,

So we finally get to the great Climate Change Guilt Tax.
Carbon Emissions,,TAX,, u mean i can pay a Carbon TAX and not feel guilty??

How much guilt does $0.25 worth of TAX,,get me?
ya here's a quater, and,,,,

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
So...we're experiencing The Greater Depression and the Dustier Bowl. All we need is a World War and we'll definitely be repeating history.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I live in the north western BC, and I'm usually back and forth between here and Edmonton. The weather has always been like this.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I am an average man and decided to look into global warming with the average man look- simple max temperature for that day. I went from 2011-1988 and randomly picked 3 months and looked up their temps. I am not sure how the scientists do it or what math they use, but I figure if its GLOBAL warming it will affect us all.

Louisville,KY
2011 1988
Jul 7 - 91 96 86 87 91 82 91 91 91 90 88 91 73 87 84 89 84 92 93 82 97 89 91 99
Aug 7 - 91 90 82 89 100 95 91 81 84 87 93 93 96 91 84 93 87 81 82 84 96 79 84 91
Dec 20 - 57 36 39 43 54 52 33 26 35 59 53 23 49 51 60 21 42 52 40 54 48 57 25 60

Looking at these dates its was just as hot in 88 as 2011 with a cooling period in the early 90's.
(First post by the way!)
edit on 9-7-2012 by RebornSeraph because: Forgot to include day for Dec.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

don't worry the time is coming soon for california.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Remember t eh guy , or the ex military vet talking about the military and teh jetstream. about how it was changing?
seems he was right on the dot..want he? if anyone knows the link. please send it to me

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by murkraz
I know there's a thread for the extreme heat in the US, but I wanted to pull more attention towards Canada, the UK and other places that are experiencing odd climate, too.

People have been preaching 2012 for a while, and at this point I'm questioning why this year is so different it seems. Why have so many records been shattered since winter?

Pleeeeease this year is 2012 ie the latest year in a long chain of ever increasing average global temperatures, and that is the only relationship to Sitchin contrived Mayan prophecies. We are starting to see what skeptics deny but , granted, still within the boundaries of natural variance.....but only just. Those variances are being pushed to the extreme month after month which in itself should send alarm bells ringing.

The skeptics have won and the world is getting worse so its now time to batten down the hatches. The current extremes are a reflection of a .5C increase we have a minimum of 1.5C over the next 50 years. It is going to get exceptionally lively. If you believe in God pray that the least extreme climatologists are correct because even if the average is correct things will be even worse.

NB the jet stream pattern that is causing the weather to "stick" is more extreme due to higher average temperatures causing hotter and ironically (but nevertheless explainable to all but the loonatic skeptics) colder in some regions.

IMHO we are passing a tipping point. Kiss your behind goodbye the world is changing but be proud we kept living as we used to

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
It's HAARP.... They can manipulate the jet streams with it. Already proven.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
This whole upcoming week will be below average for Fort Worth, TX.

Yes...temperatures ranging from 92-96 are considered a "cold front" here in Texas especially in July

My sister and oldest son live in Fort Worth [Burleson] and while we were having temps of 106 - 112 here in Central Illinois, they were telling me it was only 95 there. We are moving there by end of summer and I told my sister it was ironic I had to move to Texas to cool off.
It's finally gotten a bit cooler here. Today it was only in the 90's. A "cold" front finally came through, but, no rain

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
With the jet stream moving north. What effect will that have on the perma frost? Will it reach there? Melt it quicker? I recall reading some thing about it melting and that it would be a big problem for us.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Thanks for information OP. Unseasonably cold for longer than usual where i am. Just starting to get real summer now.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I live in Dallas, TX and the summer so far has been great. we have actually had rain. 2 years ago we went 50+ days without rain and triple digit heat. I think we have only hit 100 a few times this summer so far, now dont get wrong its still hot and i wish i had a pool, but i guess it could be worse. In fact my grass is the greenest its been in the summer in a long time. and i hate mowing the lawn so i guess it is worse.

Now i will tell you what weird is the direction the rain is moving in. Typically it moves towards the east or south east, but the storms lately are moving south and/or west. Not saying its anything nefarious just a little weird.

edit on 9-7-2012 by Dyzan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I got 1 site for you....www.solarham.net...The... sun is running hot....And judging from what is happening right now sun spot wise ....Pray is all I can say...

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Earth changes.

Man/woman doesn't.

We are stuck on a "it shouldn't be this way" trend in human thinking. I am glad that I was not around during the peak of the last ice age, or back when we were warmer.

We have to adapt to the climate, not fix it as some suggest.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

i have to agree here in riverside our summer so far has been a pleasant spring (withou the green hills though).
much as i hope it will stay this way, things will become brutal in the midwest if this continues.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

This has been debunked for years. The solar system is not heating up.

Catch up.

First off, there is very little information, if any at all, to even base this off of.
There is no way to even measure temperature on all the planets. And there are dozens and dozens of bodies that would have to be measured.
Mars warming is seasonal. Though there is only two pictures to base any warming information off of, so it is probably not warming at all.
No warming on Jupiter has been observed.

Use common sense, if Neptune and especially Pluto were warming, the Earth, would be jerky.

But no actual warming has been observed at all...

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

This is what is wrong with hyperbole. There is zero proof for your assertion concerning global warming and the idea humankind can impact change on the climate. This is first-class bull cookies.

The fact remains it has been this hot before in the very same places now experiencing the abnormal heat wave. Newscasts utilize words such as, "shattering," when in fact a single degree or two is the difference. It is the nature of sensationalizing news reporting and the nature of the money-grabbing environmentalists to spin these reports for all they are worth.

edit on 9-7-2012 by totallackey because: clarity

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
A little heat is nothing to be afraid of. Now if it was dumping a foot of snow in south Texas in August, i would be very concerned. But until that happens, i'm not going to be overly concerned.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
This whole upcoming week will be below average for Fort Worth, TX.

Yes...temperatures ranging from 92-96 are considered a "cold front" here in Texas especially in July

I know! The weather has seemed cooler than usual this summer for DFW. It's been 93 - 97 on average where I am, when normally it's 100+! Not that I'm complaining... I've been able to comfortably run in the evenings this summer.

edit on 7/9/2012 by celebration because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join